• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Black Plague w/ Plague kernel

I just re-flashed 1.2 over stock and 1.1, and after reboot it's showing the wallpaper I had on that backup. I wiped cache and dalvik, just wondering should I re-flash and wipe data also? One more thing, I ran 1.2 all day and barely got 7 hours with CPU set at 818ghz with profiles at 345 powersave exclusive, smartass, vr. Could anyone tell me why my batteries dying so soon?:mad:

You can wipe data but when I did that I had reboots from installing apps from market. Its hit and miss happens for some and not for others. I think changing your wallpaper is the easier way to go.

7 hours on battery sounds lovely to me. I get 3 hours on a full charge. Lol.

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
prolly, I will have to think what all I did besides aesthetics and fixing the charger animation and maybe do a 1.3 with the old animations. ;)

Hey pg great wrk on 1.2 its wrkin great on my end except for the clock settings not sticking but its not that big a deal for me but I was wondering if u or anyone here is having the 4g icon appear randomly when my WiFi is on? And if u r taking requests for the next update could u maybe look into adding the swipe to clear notifications? That would b awsm cause I loved that feature on the ascend with cm7 but if it is to much of a pain no worries :) thx again for all ur hard wrk and dedication to this phone its much appreciated bro :-D

Upvote 0
Neat trick.... copy the titanium backup app to sd and on fresh boot use romtoolbox or any root explorer to place it in /data/app.

Reboot and restore your backups. ;)
So is this why CM7 for the ascend restored your apps on a new install? I remember doing a clean install and restoring my apps with TB and I had l two copies of many of them. Was this trick built into CM7?

Upvote 0
Ok i got some stuff after trying this things:
If you install the rom over a broken out rom, the bt sync keeps crashing.
If you want your cpu to stick, just delete "init.qcom.post_boot.sh" in system/etc with root explorer for example. Note: make sure r/w its on.
If you wipe data/cache before flashing you will experiment some launcher reboots ans stuff like that.
My advice, intall it over a stock rom, for me worked way better( maybe is just a coincidence) or just flash the kernel so you can get oc anyway, that last was my choice and it really runs nice.
Pd: i was thinking that this rom ****ed my 4g data but finally i realice that it was metropcs fault because my wifes phone(stock) has lost 4g too this day. I hope this can help you guys.

Sorry for bad english :)

Upvote 0
I have the paid version of Rom Manager, any reason why I dont see any newer updates for CMW? Im still on 5.8 somthing and I noticed you posted 6 here, also can I still install this rom with 5.8?

You can flash it no matter what version of recovery you are on as long as it works. And you can flash the new one on the computer too. The same way you would root the phone.

Reactions: pcflip
Upvote 0
I have the paid version of Rom Manager, any reason why I dont see any newer updates for CMW? Im still on 5.8 somthing and I noticed you posted 6 here, also can I still install this rom with 5.8?
tap flash clockworkmod recovery > select LGE Esteem 4G, it will install non touch n then show that touch is available ;)

I will prolly have to re-add everything I have avail in RM under the 4G tag too for it to show up :\

Upvote 0
It is built off mt's BO, but with a kernel I compiled, various issues BO had fixed, along with the aesthetics that you see changed. Other than that what others that have been using posted, and I have the device and will continue to work on it and CM. ;)

Hello,

I figured i'd drop a line and start with, excellent work. I wish i know what you do, BUT enough a$$ kissing ... there is a "Bug" of some sort that i cant' seem to get rid of, others have experienced it and i might have a little more info to contribute.... Beings that the issue is similar but more workable on the Broken Out ROM (No offense, mad respect for all coders)

I've used both Broken Out ROM and Black Plague and noticed that they are extremely similar minus the themes, etc. Such as "ZRAM Swap" being added, others as well i'm sure.

My problem is, on both ROMs, whenever i download something from the market, or even tried to download something from Drop Box... on the Black Plague ROM (1.2) i got the same screen as the Splash screen i get when it boots, only shorter, then my program never installs.

On Broken out, Market will Force Close, but the app will continue to install if i re-open the market app.... it seems to happen immediatley after they Download, but Broken Out ROM seems be the only one that actually ends up installing the app, out of the 2... ALl just constructive criticism and input to try and improve your work, man. Again, GK.

I've also tried formatting data, cache, dalvik cache, wiping SD, everything. Nothing remedies. Broken out ROM states its wise to reboot immediately after initial boot, so i haven't tried that. Someone mentioned it could be the default theme, haven't tried that. I've also tried several different Apps so it is not app specific. If i dont reply back saying these attempts worked, then it didnt.

Oh yeah .... Somwhere within the ROM after installing it said that version 1.2.1 is available? i was wondering if that was some kind of error in Rom Manager? IDk..

Thanks dudes. Your awesome.

Upvote 0
It is built off mt's BO, but with a kernel I compiled, various issues BO had fixed, along with the aesthetics that you see changed. Other than that what others that have been using posted, and I have the device and will continue to work on it and CM. ;)

Hello,

I figured i'd drop a line and start with, excellent work. I wish i know what you do, BUT enough a$$ kissing ... there is a "Bug" of some sort that i cant' seem to get rid of, others have experienced it and i might have a little more info to contribute.... Beings that the issue is similar but more workable on the Broken Out ROM (No offense, mad respect for all coders)

I've used both Broken Out ROM and Black Plague and noticed that they are extremely similar minus the themes, etc. Such as "ZRAM Swap" being added, others as well i'm sure.

My problem is, on both ROMs, whenever i download something from the market, or even tried to download something from Drop Box... on the Black Plague ROM (1.2) i got the same screen as the Splash screen i get when it boots, only shorter, then my program never installs.

On Broken out, Market will Force Close, but the app will continue to install if i re-open the market app.... it seems to happen immediatley after they Download, but Broken Out ROM seems be the only one that actually ends up installing the app, out of the 2... ALl just constructive criticism and input to try and improve your work, man. Again, GK.

I've also tried formatting data, cache, dalvik cache, wiping SD, everything. Nothing remedies. Broken out ROM states its wise to reboot immediately after initial boot, so i haven't tried that. Someone mentioned it could be the default theme, haven't tried that. I've also tried several different Apps so it is not app specific. If i dont reply back saying these attempts worked, then it didnt.

Oh yeah .... Somwhere within the ROM after installing it said that version 1.2.1 is available? i was wondering if that was some kind of error in Rom Manager? IDk..

Thanks dudes. Your awesome.
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate. ;)

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.

Upvote 0
tap flash clockworkmod recovery > select LGE Esteem 4G, it will install non touch n then show that touch is available ;)

I will prolly have to re-add everything I have avail in RM under the 4G tag too for it to show up :\

I just a few days ago wiped my sd card, ran the updater tool, re rooted and flashed cwm recovery through ROM manager. It says: Current Recovery: CWM 5.8.3.1 Latest Recovey: CWM 5.8.3.1 CWM Touch is Available!

I've installed both vs you have through ROM manager, via that way and I chose my own phone when flashing recovery. So, it shows up when you have flashed cwm recovery for the Connect :)

Anna

Upvote 0
Thanks will look into that, if I can get it to replicate. ;)

Not a error per say, but 1.2 is the current build I have uploaded to the RM ROM Developer Portal, so it shouldnt be giving a notice of a update.

DUDE... My bad ....

** The immediate reboot the instructions gave were for the stock ROMs that are actually backups and you restore them. Disregard that piece of info in my previous response **

Upvote 0
QUOTE=myshkin;4798502]I just a few days ago wiped my sd card, ran the updater tool, re rooted and flashed cwm recovery through ROM manager. It says: Current Recovery: CWM 5.8.3.1 Latest Recovey: CWM 5.8.3.1 CWM Touch is Available!

I've installed both vs you have through ROM manager, via that way and I chose my own phone when flashing recovery. So, it shows up when you have flashed cwm recovery for the Connect :)

Anna[/QUOTE]

i'm in the process of flashing the debloated "backup" thats not rooted yet since i'm gong to use use the script that roots/unroots/and install CWM Touch.

All found here:

AIO Root/Unroot/CWM Touch

Stock/rooted/stripped/debloated backup images (Flash process slightly diff)

Upvote 0
So is this why CM7 for the ascend restored your apps on a new install? I remember doing a clean install and restoring my apps with TB and I had l two copies of many of them. Was this trick built into CM7?

No, that was a synchronization with Google market that forced the device to redownload the apps that were previously on it. I haven't tried it on any other phones since then but I'm sure it can be done, just check "keep device synched with Google" at initial set up.

Reactions: Scorpion7867
Upvote 0
No, that was a synchronization with Google market that forced the device to redownload the apps that were previously on it. I haven't tried it on any other phones since then but I'm sure it can be done, just check "keep device synched with Google" at initial set up.

That still doesn't restore your apps. Once you put in your google email it will reset your settings and wifi info. then your apps are just in a list at the market. I always just have them on android assistant backup, which goes to your sd card, then you can just copy the entire file over to your computer. when you set back up, reinstall android assistant and backup a few apps then you have the backup on your sd card and you can just incorporate your other file with that one and then do batch installations. I'm telling you though, on these ROMs, doing anything batch very big you are going to get a reboot, best to take it nice and easy.

I'm killing two birds with one stone here and I forgot to quote the other one, but I'm sure y'all can figure it out. Someone quoted me and mentioned the all in one root that also flashes cwm touch....I tried cwm touch a few months ago. I didn't like it. So I will stick with what I have.

Anna

Upvote 0
Also the new CWM Touch 6 is broken. I made a backup before flashing this ROM, bu this ROM kept rebooting every time I tried installing something from the market so I went to restore my back up. It wouldn't let me. Whenever it got to "restoring system" it'd say there was an error and didn't restore the rest. I flashed an older recovery and dug through my computer for an older backup to restore. It turns out the backup CWM Touch 6 made was only 23 mb compared to the usual half a gigabyte! I don't know why it only backed up 23 mb :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones