• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Blue Haze V1 by B-dubd25 (CM7 base Honeycomb look)

evomattnc

Android Expert
Feb 10, 2011
NC
I just flashed THIS and Im not mad at it...this is B-dub25 's work, sorry for the typo in the thread title. This is quite obviously not my work, just pointing it out....

THIS IS NOT HONEYCOMB, but has a lot of the images and hacks to give you a feel of it.
I will try to update at less once a week if not twice, but I have finals coming up and exams next week.
ME OR XDA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE.!!!!!!
I Do Not Do This For Donations its OPEN SOURCE I just do it for fun and a hobby.
Credits:
~ Cyanogen and his team for the code and being completely Open Source
~MagnusRagnarok from xda for the wallpapers he made a really cool ROM that can be found here
~BBcrackman for putting up with all my stupid questions and dealing with me.
~Who ever had the xoom dump that I got some of the images from.

What this ROM includes
~All Images that I used are from HC and or xoom dump
~Updated to CM7 RC3
~New Keyboard
~gapps
~Images are
~Browser
~Music
~News&Weather
~Gallery
~Status bar
~Activity Bar
~Toast
~Popup
~FM Radio
~ALL Apps Icon
~MMS
~Sound recorder
~ect(..)
~Things Improved
~Scrolling
~Response Time
~Color
~Battery
~FPS
~I/O read time ( should be faster)
~Free Memory around 204 - 275+
~AND MORE
.jpg

Blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

blue4.jpg

blue5.jpg

blue6.jpg

blue7.jpg

blue8.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I'm working on
~ The real Honeycomb lockscreen ( part of the mms issue I have no idea why )
~The real Honeycomb Keyboard ( almost done )
~new update script to fix the problem of having to export the PATH variable and to make the directory on sdcard ( ahhh good old if statements )
~Trying to get the Honeycomb launcher to work right and stop glitchy
~More Honeycomb Framework edits
I will try to update this all that I can but with midterms on C++ JAVA and Linux programming it is keeping me really busy
Bugs
NON THAT I KNOW OF SO PLEASE POST

How to get the Honeycomb music player to function right
make a directory on your sdcard under the subfolder media so it would look like this
/sdcard/media/music
copy all of the music to that folder
then go with the install
if you have problems with the music player after you made the directory try this and it will fix it
terminal
code: export PATH=$PATH:/sdcard/media/music
what that does is tells the environmental variables to look there for resources the : is the shells way of separating the path
I'm at school while I did this so the reason you have to do that is I didn't have the time to update the "update-script" will fix later
How to
~download
~Do A back up
~wipe all
~chose zip to install
~select Blue-Haze
~install
~reboot
~smile

Reactions: Xtremedays
I don't either.....yet. I will likely flash it later tonight.....I use my phone alot at work so I try not to disable it for any length of time in case I need it.

Yes if you saw the thread between me and internet pilot discussing hdmi mirror he pointed out some cool stuff i could do i didnt realize so i may try it, though some of the psx roms are getting shut down i read, they removed psx4droid or something like that from market. There are still other out there though. Probably since sony has phones that play ps games out now...?

Upvote 0
Lol usually I can get around 1400-1800 but when I was running cm6 then I flashed snap kernel 7.6. Enabled turbo mode. Over clocked it to like 1190 set governor to performance and ran a few benchmarks. Fyi your phone will think it is breaking when you enable turbo lol. You should come out the other side ok...nandroid back up first.

Upvote 0
Lol usually I can get around 1400-1800 but when I was running cm6 then I flashed snap kernel 7.6. Enabled turbo mode. Over clocked it to like 1190 set governor to performance and ran a few benchmarks. Fyi your phone will think it is breaking when you enable turbo lol. You should come out the other side ok...nandroid back up first.

lol.... im going to give it a try i just want to put my coworker to shame and then I'll flash back to my daily rom.....:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones