• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Bone Stock & Stock Deodex ROM's Triumph-Now Resets Splash.img!!

Yes this is correct. Fresh like it has never been used. If you want to you can program 9 1's into the min and msid numbers under the ##virgin# edit menu so that they won't know your phone number and msid number. Then all they will have to do is go through the process of activating it.

Ah, but does the ROM have a safeguard to keep the phone from committing suicide through self-detonation once it realizes it's been returned to stock and the depression just gets to be too much? :D

Seriously tho, thanks for making it easier to get the old girl back to stock when it's time to say goodbye to the stormy love-hate relationship that is the life of a MT owner.

Upvote 0
Lol no I haven't worked on that one yet lol! You gotta let it decide if its worth the phone living or not to the phone itself. I don't wanna step in if its that unhappy with its stock self lol!!

No problen guys I like making things easy! There was a time when I was lost in the world that is Android hacking and wished I had people to help me our by making things up (for the most part anyways) your a flash away from a bootable phone!!

Upvote 0
I downloaded "Stock_ROM_SplashImage_b_randon14.zip" from the provided link; It installs stock except the boot animation was not correct. It came up with bluish, white "Android" lettering and a "fiddle" sound.
While the animation appeared to have the right images (installation directory), the desc.txt was wrong.

So, I replaced the boot animation file located in this directory "/hidden/data/power-on animation/boot animation.zip" with the correct stock file.

Upon flashing the modified zip file, the correct animation (and sound) plays at start up and there is (stock) animation and sound on the shutdown (where there was none previously).

What got me looking at this (I've flashed this ROM several times in the past to reactivate) was I need to send my Triumph back to VM due to USB data connection short and I needed the stock ROM back in its entirety including the boot up animation.

Note: I was using CWM5504 to flash the ROMS.

I guess my question is, was this an oversight, intentional or has the file been stepped on?

Thanks for making it available, comes in handy from time to time.

Upvote 0
So I'm assuming that since this rom returns things to stock out of the box that HDMI will work again, correct?

I'm asking because I'm currently deployed (no phone service) and was considering installing the new XBMC onto my Triumph to turn it into a super portable media center, that I can also plug into TV's etc.

Any reason this wouldn't work, or be a bad idea?

Upvote 0
When I'm trying to apply the update (complete stock triumph rom) from recovery I get the error where the installation is aborted I'm so confused!! I'm also using the latest clockwork you posted in late 2012..
please help!!

***EDIT2*** The zips now replace the splash image

***EDIT*** The zips are fixed, and no longer contain the .odex files or the .lnk link files of the toolbox symlinks! Everything is good to go!!

Okay so I decided to make a complete stock ROM for the Motorola Triumph. It is built of of the stock nandroid backup posted by barnito. Everything on this ROM is completely stock, it even wipes the /hidden partition(the one where VM added their apps and animations and stuff) and restores it. The Wi-Fi is confirmed by me to work. Ended up we needed to add some permissions to be set in the updater-script. Feel free to use my ROM to build other ROM's off of, that's what it's there for!

Complete Stock Triumph ROM:

Stock Triumph ROM

Deodexed Stock Triumph ROM:
Stock Deodexed Triumph ROM

To Install:

*You must have CWM Recovery(any version will work)!
*Make a nandroid backup as this ROM will wipe everything and restore it back to stock(it will also wipe the /hidden partition so I would make a .tar file of it if you did any changing to it using Root Explorer or something, this is optional depending on if you have modified that partition)

1.) Download the stock ROM
2.) Place the ROM on your SD Card
3.) Boot into recovery mode(Vol Up, Vol Down, Power)
4.) Choose install zip from sd card
5.) Navigate to your ROM and confirm to flash.
6.) Reboot and you will have a stock ROM!

**NOTE**:
I would only use the Complete Stock ROM if you need to go back to a out of box state(such as returning the phone, which you would also need to add the stock recovery back to it, and the stock splash.img if you changed it)

If you want to use this ROM to build your own ROM off of, use the deodexed version and make your mods to it to save you the trouble of deodexing your ROM!

Also if you build your ROM off of this, please give me credit for posting this!! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Brandon made this and, the newest cwm so I'd wait and see what he has to say

But if ur downloading it using the phone I'd say try using a PC, also check any checksum numbers to be sure the download is completing

The zip file should be placed on the top most SD card folder, like if u plug ur phone directly in or if u use a SD reader the first folder it opens

Also if I do recall correctly Brandon had said that the newest cwm may have trouble with stock nandroid saves or stock files period for a reason I currently can't remember so u may end up having to go with a different cwm version for this

But again I'd wait to hear from brandon or someone else in the MTDEV team

Upvote 0
I know this thread and ROM are old as hell at this point, but I have a question.

My brother lost his phone (he believes it was stolen) so he is trying to transfer his number back to my old Triumph.

Is this...possible, at all? I tried using this ROM to flash it back to 100% stock, but for whatever reason this phone *refuses* to believe it doesn't use my old number (which has been ported to another phone!) and Virgin's own website states that the MEID is in use.

Is there no way at all to fix this?

Edit: NEVERMIND I got it working. Sorry!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones