• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Bugless Beast V1.1

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to search on this. But I just loaded up BB 1.1 this past weekend and when I get a call my phone app force closes. I can make calls fine, just not receive... :[
IIRC, this is an issue with ringtones on SD card. I dunno, it was an excuse to try another rom for me. But try a native ringtone, see if that helps.

Upvote 0
IIRC, this is an issue with ringtones on SD card. I dunno, it was an excuse to try another rom for me. But try a native ringtone, see if that helps.

I actually figured it out. It was my fault.

I was trying to get the old Smoked Glass "Blue" theme for my phone app. I tried just copying over the phone.apk to the new one that was included in his link in the OP, and creating the zip. But I guess it didn't like it. So for some reason it would crash the app upon receiving a call only.

Once I removed that phone.apk and re-flashed everything it's fine now.

I would still love to get the old Smoked Glass theme that I had with droidmod. I think it used an older version of metamorph. Not sure if trying an older version of MM would work, haven't really tried yet.

Upvote 0
I actually figured it out. It was my fault.

I was trying to get the old Smoked Glass "Blue" theme for my phone app. I tried just copying over the phone.apk to the new one that was included in his link in the OP, and creating the zip. But I guess it didn't like it. So for some reason it would crash the app upon receiving a call only.

Once I removed that phone.apk and re-flashed everything it's fine now.

I would still love to get the old Smoked Glass theme that I had with droidmod. I think it used an older version of metamorph. Not sure if trying an older version of MM would work, haven't really tried yet.

I used the Smoked Glass Blue MM (with old Metamorph version) to theme my Phone.apk and Contacts.apk and have had no problems. And the cool thing is that, since I have NexTheme (via NexBeast), I still get the textured background in the phone screen.

CAP201006030944.jpg
CAP2010060310031.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok... This is my first time rooting and installing BB...

Is it like this?

First root
then WIPE
then run ROM
then run KERNAL (without wiping a second time)

Because I had been trying to run kernal without first running rom and then i tried running rom without wiping first... It would be nice if the creator of this thread explained shortly how to install BB on an already rooted phone for us newbies :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would recommend deciding in a max frequency you want to overclock to, and using that kernel. The reason? More usable slots in between.

Also, not too many people can boot at 1.3 ghz.

Would you guys recommend that I install 1.3, the fastest version, and then use setCPU to cap the speeds where I see fit? Or would setCPU running slow my phone down and it is better to just go with 800 or 1 speed?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Just switched
Running BB V1.1
Kernel 1.1 SV

Runs great, even spiffier than previously :) great job was very easy to update it once i got home :)
I tried 1.1gHz twice and my phone hated it...Iv got BB1.1 with 1.0 Kernel and I'm running as fast and smooth as I'll ever need. I case anyone needs a noobie comparison, I ran cyn5.0.7.1 with hex theme and it was sluggish and buggy compared to BB. I will stick with pete all the way...

What is the baseband update in rom manager under BB?

Upvote 0
The one in this thread is the ESE81, you can choose either ODEXED or DEODEXED. Note, however, that tis is Not FroYo, but still Eclair.

The latest released ROM by Motorola for the DROID is FroYo, and those the are the FXX builds.

You're upgrading from Pete's Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1?

What's the difference between ODEXED and DEOXED? And yeah, I'm using 0.6.2.1

Nevermind, I figured it all out. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones