ROM causing the app "Car Home" not to work or open?

Last Updated:

1. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the Nonsensikal ROM now and noticed that Car Home doesnt work anymore. I've installed twice and the app's shortcut is nowhere to be found and under applications, the 'open' button is grayed out. Only 'uninstall' is avalable. Not sure what the dealio is...

Advertisement
  2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

I use nonsensikal 10.8.1 and the app works fine for me. No issues with it or any features it has..

Try uninstalling then restart phone and also try cleaning the davlik cache in the recovery menu. Clean out all your cache's from time to time too.

3. heyjoojoo

This is driving me crazy. I have uinstalled this app several times. I have rebooted, done the davlik cache and yet this app will not be available after I have reinstalled it. It only gives me the option to uninstall it; no "open" capability.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The Car Home app is Google related and may need the Google data and cache cleared in order to wash out what may have caused the no open bug, heyjoojoo.

Re-installing the app is likely only importing the problem back into the system; you may need to clear out the whole Google mess and start over with it prior to re-installing Car Home.

I'd go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications and clear cache and data on all Google items, a big pain in the neck to have to re-configure, and warranting a backup/sync of contacts and calendar.

I moved your thread to the Eris All Things Root area for you. ;)

5. heyjoojoo

Well. I tried that and I get the same results. How do I start from scratch and "format" the entire the phone? I've done full wipes and delvik wipes everytime I install a new ROM but noticed that my phone seems to acquire more and more folders with files. How do I totally clean out all of that stuff - maybe one of those files is corrupted or something.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

8. prj

prj Well-Known Member

It's ROM related. Some ROMS it shows up in the app drawer and others it doesn't for some reason, but the program is still there.

In any case you still have it. Long press on the home screen>shortcuts>activities...and you will find it in the list.