• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]{CDMA} Jun-13 MeanROM v4.5 | 2.17 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr standby | 4000+ Quadrant

Why would you say that he never flashed a Kernel and is on HBoot 1.4, I think if I read correctly he simply did a cache and data wipe, unless I did not read correctly :thinking:

You probably have to reflash the kernel as well as doing a dalvik and cache wipe.

Upvote 0
I am quite confused here now. Im trying to flash using hboot 1.50. Ive unlocked and added twrp recovery image, but im stuck trying to remove the recovery image so I can relock, download the ota and use meanROM. Help?

I don't know if you need to remove recovery just relock. Once you update you might have to reflash your recovery though. Is it not letting you take the ota and you already relocked?

Upvote 0
I am quite confused here now. Im trying to flash using hboot 1.50. Ive unlocked and added twrp recovery image, but im stuck trying to remove the recovery image so I can relock, download the ota and use meanROM. Help?

Or flash the RUU 2.17.651.5. The RUU is listed in the All Things Root guide sticky at the top of this forum.

Reactions: kmluedecke
Upvote 0
Yeah I managed to get it a couple days ago. My only problem now is that I can't download V1.8 fully. So, im on 1.7 and going to try again to download 1.8 again

The server is having issues with the file. In the MeanROM XDA thread, there's a link to someone's DropBox that has 1.8. I guess the download wasn't fixed, yet.

Upvote 0
Have you tried booting back into recover, not using Rom Manager as I don't like using an app for these things, and clear cache and Dalvik again and reboot, report back

And you did say you did a data clear, you did do a factory reset before flashing the rom from cleanrom ??

Sorry I haven't report back but I live on the boondocks and I don't have Wimax at home, so I con only test it at work wich by the way I work like a mile away from where the Wimax coverage ends so the connection is really spotty. I mostly get 0-1 bars at best if I get any reception.

Anyways I tried wimax again on Friday and today and it works now without any additional clearing of the cache and dalvik, and by the way I did a factory reset between clean room and mean room. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
New Release, OP Updated, http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...-5-50-hr-batt-3000-quadrants.html#post3867439

** CHANGELOG **

v2.1
Updated CPU tweaks based on user feedback for better performance-battery balance
Changed screen-on WiFi scan interval from 1 minute to 2 minutes for better battery life
Added code to produce a WiFi scan once each time the screen is turned on
If you want your phone to (re)scan for WiFi access points, turn the screen off and back on, then wait 10 seconds
If running any previous MeanROM version: OK to wipe cache/dalvik and then flash v2.1

Upvote 0
I have a question. I never took the OTA or updated in any other way to 2.08.651.3 (not sure that I even took the one for 2.08.651.2) however I'm running viperROM 2.1.1 right now and in 'About Phone' it says my Build Number is 2.08.651.3 so I'm assuming that's because of the ROM I'm running? My question is, can I just flash Freeza's AIO and then flash MeanROM or do I have to flash something for 2.08.651.3 first and then Freeza's AIO?

I'm on hboot 1.4 btw.

Upvote 0
@jerofld
I was actually planning on doing a factory reset before flashing the new ROM. I thought that was the best way to do it since I'm not just going to a newer version of the same ROM but rather switching to a different ROM, even though its still based on Sense 3.0. If I do a factory reset will it interfere in any way with the new firmware or delete it?

Upvote 0
No it will not, it will simply reset your phone.

@jerofld
I was actually planning on doing a factory reset before flashing the new ROM. I thought that was the best way to do it since I'm not just going to a newer version of the same ROM but rather switching to a different ROM, even though its still based on Sense 3.0. If I do a factory reset will it interfere in any way with the new firmware or delete it?

Reactions: died4u525
Upvote 0
Doesn't Leedroid tweaks have a battery mod to convert it into a normal style? I'm on the official CM9 from toastcfh, otherwise I'd confirm for you.

Awesome! Will have to download this then.

DonB, my AP2 712s came in yesterday and naturally I can't stand the grips the guy had on them. Had the White Pures which are way too sticky for me. Now i have to get them regripped before I can even go hit them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones