1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11]

1. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member

Complete rebuild from scratch.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

What it is:

Stock VZW GB 2.3.5 Release (EI04)
    Upgraded to TouchWiz4
    Deodexed and zipaligned
    New custom kernel
    Non-EXT4 CWR
    CWR Manager to perform backups and restores
    Root with the latest su and SuperUser
    Busybox
    sysrw/sysro scripts
    Updated Maps, Market, YouTube, MyVerizon
    Updated and themed EMail, GMail, Market, Browser, Contacts, and Talk
    Basic theming to the statusbar and pull down

Kernel Features:
    OC/UV up to 1.6GHz (Use SetCPU found here on XDA)
    Updated stock governors to ver 3
    Added Interactive, Smartass2, Lagfree, and Smoothass governors
    10pt MultiTouch
    Added VR IO Scheduler
    Added tweaked Deadline IO Scheduler

Please DO NOT check the "Set on Boot" button in SetCPU untill you have tested it, or you may not be able to get control back without a reflash.

Kernel OC done by jmztaylor. He's the man!

You will also find included jrummy's Root Browser app pictured above.

D

Downloads:

Galaxy Cubed 3
    MD5: 0c1906268e31e726b6e3aec6874644ab

Backup Script - A simple batch script to dump everything from your phone for backup purposes. Just Roto's idea batched.
    MD5: 06a5080df533b107fed1cd6fc88660cd

Flash each file in Heimdall in the appropriate place.

And of course, Wipe Data/Factory Reset as soon as you flash.

Advertisement
    thezman007 likes this.
  2. dsb9938

Updated in OP.

D
  3. dsb9938

Anothe update.

D
  4. dsb9938

Re-based.

Enjoy!

D
  5. dsb9938

Updated to 2.3.5.

Enjoy!

D
  6. dsb9938

Custom kernel added.

D
  7. dsb9938

New build in OP.

D
  8. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

This looks so Sexy I would like to run this Rom, I do have couple of questions.
    Okay reading on another post I see we have to use ADB commands, I used them on my original incredible and my thunderbolt, but I do not recall all of the command lines and the proper order to mount and push the kernel and rom into the VZW tab. Is there a place you can send me reading or a quick break down of the commands and order to run them? I also vaguely remember having to download drivers to use for the work, will I need Samsung drivers for this also?
    Thanks in advance for any information you can provide to me, I hope you have a great day.
  9. addykl

addykl New Member

im blur with this
    how to do step by step
  10. thezman007

thezman007 Member

That looks like it took a LOT of work :) I am waiting on the usb cable to connect it to the PC to come from Amazon. I'm sure I will have a great time with it. Two questions... The links appear to be down, anywhere else I can get it or can you reupload it? Second, where is your donate button? :D Way to make a something great into something awesome!!!
  11. thezman007

thezman007 Member

Ok, so apparently the account it's on is either down or hammered so hard I can't get through. Anyways, someone else finally got through and posted it on the xda dev forums. I DL'd it and am hosting it in my dropbox for others to download if they want it too.

Here is the link to my public folder: (edit) ***This is the ROM*** ---> Dropbox - Public - Simplify your life

And of course, if you don't already have a dropbox they are badass and please get one through my referral link so I get more space :)

Here it is: http://db.tt/Jn7Hj1G

CapitanMELEE likes this.
  12. joelstitch

joelstitch Member

I am trying to flash this ROM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (SHC-1800) from Verizon with no luck. I open zadig and that goes fine but when I add all the files on Heimdall and press Start it tells me that it failed. I attached a screenshot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

13. CapitanMELEE

CapitanMELEE Member

Stupid question but is your Tab in download mode? I'm trying this right now.
  14. CapitanMELEE

CapitanMELEE Member

Running right now but no error......not in download mode? ;)
  15. CapitanMELEE

CapitanMELEE Member

ROM flashed great, thanks!!
  16. joelstitch

joelstitch Member

The problem I had was a corrupted rom. I think it downloaded with errors so I downloaded it again and now it works like a charm.
  17. joelstitch

joelstitch Member

Anybody knows Howe to view the open apps?
  18. CapitanMELEE

CapitanMELEE Member

I already went to ICS but I thought you could either hold down the home button and select the task manager then goto apps and select manage apps and then select the far right end which should show running.
  19. MrzS38

MrzS38 New Member

This did not work for me at all...getting force close messages....HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

BTW...I read the the disclaimer!