• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D

If i had to pin a date for new ROM, a complete guess would be around Christmas.

Oh yeah. A little gingerbread comes down the chimney with Santa...and dew. You da man!

In the meantime, how many people are actually having trouble with WiFi, please respond if you are having NO problems as well, I want to get a feel for this...

No wifi problems here. Connect almost exclusively through home network with d-link router w/ WPA2. Have connected to a couple of open hotspots here and there with no problems too.

I am having a problem with launcher pro FC'ing, but only after a reboot. I am almost positive that this is a problem of my own doing due to tinkering with crap. Pretty minor issue overall.

Upvote 0
That would be a correct assumption, the SDK is not the same thing as the source though.

A ROM gets built when the source is released. it has not been yet. google usually releases the source a few weeks after sdk. If i had to pin a date for new ROM, a complete guess would be around Christmas.

In the meantime, how many people are actually having trouble with WiFi, please respond if you are having NO problems as well, I want to get a feel for this...

I can connect with no problem if wired, but the wireless just want connect and I have tried every setting there is. I am running v11 with stock kernel. Thanks for trying to find a solution. I am afraid to try another kernel, because the battery life I am getting is just awesome.
EDIT: don't if you meant wifi tether or just connecting to home wifi network. I have no problem connecting my phone to wifi, just can't get it to wifi tether to laptop.

Upvote 0
I can connect with no problem if wired, but the wireless just want connect and I have tried every setting there is. I am running v11 with stock kernel. Thanks for trying to find a solution. I am afraid to try another kernel, because the battery life I am getting is just awesome.
EDIT: don't if you meant wifi tether or just connecting to home wifi network. I have no problem connecting my phone to wifi, just can't get it to wifi tether to laptop.

I hardly ever use wireless tether, but decided to give it a shot here.

And, it seems to be working for me, at least for a few web sites and this post.

BTW, I am currently using slayhers 1200. Reportedly not the best on battery life, but battery life isn't much of a concern for me.

Upvote 0
That would be a correct assumption, the SDK is not the same thing as the source though.

A ROM gets built when the source is released. it has not been yet. google usually releases the source a few weeks after sdk. If i had to pin a date for new ROM, a complete guess would be around Christmas.

I love this ROM v10 was my second foray after rooting my phone and v11 is another step up!

I to am having problem connecting to wifi. However, its not that important to me so I will try a new kernel in a day or two.

Upvote 0

I am having no problems with WiFi Tether. I am using both Access Control and WEP and have tested on a Win 7 laptop, Win XP laptop, and an old Palm T/X. All devices work flawlessly.

I am using a somewhat oddball version of Wireless Tether for Root Users. It is 2.0-pre7. You can find it here:
wireless_tether_2_0-pre7.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0-pre7 >>> EXPERIMENTAL <<< - Project Hosting on Google Code

If others try it I would like to know their experience.

Upvote 0

Occasionally I have issues with WIFI where it goes from Scanning to requesting IP to Disconnected, then back to scanning to requesting IP then to Connected. Once it is connected it works fine. I haven't tested WIFI tether yet though.

Overall this is an excellent ROM. I am very pleased it. I just have the base v11 installed right now, but I am thinking about installing the galaxy s theme too.

I look forward to the next release of the ROM.

Upvote 0
Ok, it's been a few days now running V11. I simply flashed it over top of V10 with no wipes. SetCPU working as it should, WiFi works on home network, usb tethering worked on my laptop running Linux Mint, battery life just as good as V10, absolutely no stability issues to note on. I have a bit of screen redraw using LauncherPro after playing a game of Angry birds, but it is nothing big to me. I definately rate this as a 5 star Elite ROM.

I really, really, really wish this ROM was supported in ROM Manager so I would know when an update arrives. But if androidforums gets additional page hits due to people loving and following this ROMs development, so be it. :D
It keeps me coming back. Keep up the outstanding work. Donation sent.

I used to have the same problem with the redraw until I found this fix.

Faster homescreen redraw for the A855

It worked great for me, my home screen comes right up after leaving the game.

Upvote 0
When I restart my phone it takes at least ten minutes before it's really useable. The homescreens come up fairly quickly, but if I try to navigate at all the phone is very slow and launcher pro consistently force closes. On top of that, a bunch of apps don't show up in the drawer and if any of them have icons on one of the homescreens they show up as the green/white android icon. The sync icon is also in the notification bar during this whole slow period.

Any ideas? After about ten minutes the phone is back to normal speed, the sync icon is gone, and all of the apps re-appear in the drawer and on the homescreens.

Did you move all of your apps to the sd card. This can cause slow start up.

Upvote 0

I have issues where the wifi will disconnect at random times. Sometimes it connects right back, other times I've had to go in airplane mode then back to wifi. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why the wifi cuts out. I do not allow wifi to turn off when the phone goes into sleep mode and I'm always remaining a close proximity to my wireless router. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
How do I activate this apps2sd thing? Just through titanium backup or am i missing something.

Where are you finding updated Chevy kernels? I cannot for the life of me find them anymore?

Here are the interactive ones that I am using which are actually a bit older i believe
Index of /froyo/kernels2

Here are the newest ones with only ondemenad
Index of /froyo/kernels3

And his thread is over on droidforums
11/5/2010 - New Kernels - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am of the opinion that the newer one causes wifi problems.

Unfortunately, I've tried ALL of the older Chevy kernels allowing ondemand in SetCPU, and NONE of them will allow me to keep an open/reliable WiFi connection open, and certainly won't let me use WiFi Tether on your latest ROM, dew. I have no idea what changed, because it all used to work so well. I will say this -- the latest version of your ROM freakin' FLIES...

Upvote 0
Help! I put this on my sd card and labeled it update then used rom manager to apply rom from sd card. After that I went to clockworkmod and selected apply update.zip. Now my phone goes to the red eye and then just keeps rebooting. What should I do?

Ok I fixed it. I restarted while holding the X button and did a factory reset then reinstalled the rom and it worked. Phew! Thought I bricked my phone there for a moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones