• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 12 !! Gingerbread 2.3.4

Hi. I've been using 12.7 since it was released. I haven't had any problems until today. My market won't let me update apps. It says the device does not have enough space, but I have 100 mb of unused storage on my phone. Is this a rom issue? Please help. Thanks.

I have had the same problem before. I found that if I tried to update too many apps at once it did that. Try and update only a couple at a time also try cache mate for root users to free up more memory. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Yes,
Dew has been very busy. I exchanged email with him at the beginning of the week before last. There have been some boot looping issues with the next update that he's been working on. He thought that he had it nailed down , but there still could be an issue. He helped me resolve it on my phone, but today it happened again when I enabled the "Pattern Lock" on my phone after not having it enabled. The boot looping returned. So, I'm not sure what's causing it, but I do know it's kinda nerve racking to see you phone starting to come up, only to reboot and do it again, over and over.
-Stone.

Upvote 0
Yes,
Dew has been very busy. I exchanged email with him at the beginning of the week before last. There have been some boot looping issues with the next update that he's been working on. He thought that he had it nailed down , but there still could be an issue. He helped me resolve it on my phone, but today it happened again when I enabled the "Pattern Lock" on my phone after not having it enabled. The boot looping returned. So, I'm not sure what's causing it, but I do know it's kinda nerve racking to see you phone starting to come up, only to reboot and do it again, over and over.
-Stone.

Thanks for the update Stone! Waiting patiently.

Upvote 0
Charity 12.7 has been my first foray into custom ROMs and I have been very impressed.

After only about a week of use on my Droid 1 here are some of my observations relative to the stock ROM:

Favorite Improvements
  • Far fewer Force Close events
  • Much smoother and more responsive interface across the board
  • Lock screen music player controls
  • Notification bar cleanup

Requested Updates
  • Option to customize or disable the volume rocker behavior in screen off mode. (I listen to podcast with a separate app, when I try to adjust volume my default music app begins playing!)
  • Ability to enable/disable the volume rocker directional switching. I get the logic behind the switch, but prefer to always push one direction for Up and the other for Down, regardless of orientation.
  • Ability to customize (hide/show) icons on the notification bar. (is this possible?)

Major Issues
  • Incoming phone call vibration sometimes (~20%) stays on after the call is answered.
  • Complete lock (unable to FC) during a phone call. Network and Audio still works, but unable to hang-up or do anything else short of remove the battery.
  • Random reboots when phone is "idle" (i.e. no foreground apps or active input)

Dew I really appreciate the hard work you've put into this. It's a great improvement over the default ROM.

Upvote 0
Major Issues
  • Incoming phone call vibration sometimes (~20%) stays on after the call is answered.
  • Complete lock (unable to FC) during a phone call. Network and Audio still works, but unable to hang-up or do anything else short of remove the battery.
This happens to me as well, especially the call vibrations. Only way to fix is to hang up.

Otherwise, I love this rom... thanks!

Upvote 0
hey dew, i just want to thank you. VERY awesome ROM.

one little issue i saw (i saw this with the froyo release a long time ago too) was that when i view an image from my gallery using landscape mode, and i try to Share the picture, i can't scroll up and down to select the appropriate app to share with. i have a decent list of apps in that share section so i can't even view the ones up top unless i rotate my phone to portrait mode. only then can i see the whole list.

please let me know if this is an issue that only i am encountering. thanks!

Upvote 0
Oh, I sure hope there is one more update coming out. I'm trying to hold out for the Prime, whenever that will be. Thanks for all of the work so far Dew and hopefully you haven't forgotten us for the Bionic. Awesome ROM!

No bionic for me, still rockin the droid! i need to backtrack to fix a stupid little bug, and i may release another ROM in the next few weeks. School, work, etc has kept me busy as of late

Upvote 0
Does this ROM have the option to keep your phone from waking when it slides open exposing the keyboard? That's one of the major features I like about Chevys SS ROMs, but it's lagging, FCing and rebooting a LOT on me for a while, so I want to try something new now. I just need this feature on my phone because I keep it in my pocket a lot and it slides open, which wakes the phone constantly so when I pull my phone out of my pocket after an hour or two, it's killed half the battery because the display has been on the whole time :mad:.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Also, I see that the API level isn't specified in this rom.. I know it lists 2.3.4 in the "about phone" setting, but when i search the marketplace some things won't show because the marketplace isn't seeing the API level of the rom. I also confirm this by attaching the device to the android sdk avd and the target is listed as "unknown" for the device/rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones