• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] cm10.1 for gsm

Okay ive edited this ROM so GSM users can use it! You can now use your data service, just that you need to set your APN network but its easy! :) I didnt make this ROM, this ROM was made by fuzhan8 or jssa28 not sure! But thanks any way! It has the same bugs as in the original CM10.1 (Link) but this one has a little bit of different mods! :p Ive added:

-Beats Audio and Google Edition boot animation
-Modded built.prop
-Mobile Network Configuration Menu
-Better GSM Signal

and I dont remember what else I did, but did other things too! lol I recommend you guys using the gapps ive provided, because it has YouTube app working! Just dont update! Leave it how it is and it will work perfectly! :)

Just flash gapps! Heres a link of reduced gapps, so it wont be so heavy! (Link)

Download ROM: Link

WARNING!: After installing ROM and configure the start up go to System Settings>Performance>Processor and edit MAX to 1497 or lower! When finished check the box on the bottom where it says Set on boot! And finished! :)

:party:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-14-50-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-14-50-32.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
Hey Julio, I visited your XDA rooting forum and ...called you by another name...Just went back yesterday and saw my error, anyway, again I wanted to thank you for that post and this one.

Anyway, I am on FreedomPop and we are on wimax and cdma, any chance this can be tweeked for the freedomPop version of this phone? THose of us who have the design are on ICS 4.0.3

Just thought I'd ask since you are just the second live developer I have come accross here...lol

Upvote 0
Hey Julio, I visited your XDA rooting forum and ...called you by another name...Just went back yesterday and saw my error, anyway, again I wanted to thank you for that post and this one.

Anyway, I am on FreedomPop and we are on wimax and cdma, any chance this can be tweeked for the freedomPop version of this phone? THose of us who have the design are on ICS 4.0.3

Just thought I'd ask since you are just the second live developer I have come accross here...lol

I have the ICS 4.0.3 stock but with some tweaks like extended quick settings, DSP Manager, diferrent boatanimation, and some other tweaks, if you want it, just tell me, ill upload it here! :)

Upvote 0

Also forgot to say its sense!

Upvote 0
You get the error from the gapps download page o ROM download?

After several attempts i finally downloaded the ROM and let me tell you that im glad you did this, now i have full signal and everything is working just fine, too bad that in my country there is no 3G compatibility with the bands on this phone, not your fault though xD.

Upvote 0
I gave the ROM a try. It is beautiful with most functionality. There are a few problems that will affect some users.

1. Since this is from China mobile, I would expect some problems with frequencies - especially in the Americas.
2. The device shows up on Goggle Play as a "China Telecom HTC HTC Evo Design 4G". Some apps will not load. Perhaps that is an easy fix.
3. The FreedomPop Messaging seems confused by the device. when I try and run it, I get a message to call FreedomPop.

It may be useful for Europe, Africa, Asia and the eastern part of South America.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones