• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM10.2][JB4.3.1][JLS36I] Beanstalk Build 4.3.1015 [10/26]

ROM is fantastic for the most part. I love all the customization options, and I only had one reboot which was during setup. Almost everything seems to work.

However, SMS does not work for me. I can receive them, but I cannot send them. Oddly enough, MMS seems to work just fine.

This is from a clean flash. I will test other things tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to build/port this and share.

Edit:
This ROM seems to have the Xposed framework. However, when I went into Xposed installer to activate some modules, I got this message

cannot write /data/xposed/modules.whitelist

It then displays

The xposed framework is not installed

So clearly it is not able to activate modules. And although I can check the boxes, after a reboot the boxes are unchecked and the modules do not function.

Xposed Installer itself seemed to think the framework was there and fully functional. But when I tried to remove it, both ways, I got another error. I unfortunately did not remember to write it down. I did find a fix though. I deleted the Xposed Installer app and downloaded the latest version from the developer. That version was able to remove and then reinstall the framework, and now all of the modules I've tried work like they are supposed to. So no big deal there, but I figured I would point it out.

Upvote 0
ROM is fantastic for the most part. I love all the customization options, and I only had one reboot which was during setup. Almost everything seems to work.

However, SMS does not work for me. I can receive them, but I cannot send them. Oddly enough, MMS seems to work just fine.

This is from a clean flash. I will test other things tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to build/port this and share.

Edit:
This ROM seems to have the Xposed framework. However, when I went into Xposed installer to activate some modules, I got this message

It then displays

So clearly it is not able to activate modules. And although I can check the boxes, after a reboot the boxes are unchecked and the modules do not function.

Xposed Installer itself seemed to think the framework was there and fully functional. But when I tried to remove it, both ways, I got another error. I unfortunately did not remember to write it down. I did find a fix though. I deleted the Xposed Installer app and downloaded the latest version from the developer. That version was able to remove and then reinstall the framework, and now all of the modules I've tried work like they are supposed to. So no big deal there, but I figured I would point it out.

Yeah, the dev for the xposed framework isn't *against* people bundling xposed into their roms... But he stron**y recommends that you dont, and direct people to get the latest version (and download whatever module pack you need to make the rom look like you want).

Upvote 0
Tried this rom last night. It's very nice and has a lot of customizations, but it has a few glitches so can't be my daily driver: Some Gmail, SMS, Startel Secure Messaging (HIPPA requirment), Address book come up black and can't read the text. Try to play with different themes, turning Beanstalk black mode on and off, different launchers that were included in the ROM--still the problem exists frequently. Clearing cache and restarting apps sometimes help. Hot booting helps for a little while. Cold booting helps for a lilttle while. Yet, the problem comes back. Voice works fine. ROM is nice and smooth (as fast as CM10.2 10/26). 4G Data needs rebooting to obtain but works fine. GPS works fine. Free ram is only 320 MB instead of 420MB on CM10.2.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Please forgive this n00b's ignorance. The last android phone I had was an LG ally that I rooted to just uninstall the bloatware. That was close to 4 years ago now. I have an LG spectrum that just bogs down sometimes to the point where I cannot even make a phone call.

Decided to root and update. I rooted using the 1 click option found here:
http://androidforums.com/spectrum-a...20-bootloader-pwnage-tool-lg-spectrum-4g.html

It was super easy, and now I want to update my rom.

On the first post of this thread I clicked on the download for gapps, and have that downloaded no issue, but for the rom and kernal links, what do I do?

I click on the links and see a list of folders. I am not sure which one to pick or how to find the rom. and do I have to unzip them to the sd card or copy over the zip.

If there are clear instructions on the forum I couldn't find please let me know.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Please forgive this n00b's ignorance. The last android phone I had was an LG ally that I rooted to just uninstall the bloatware. That was close to 4 years ago now. I have an LG spectrum that just bogs down sometimes to the point where I cannot even make a phone call.

Decided to root and update. I rooted using the 1 click option found here:
http://androidforums.com/spectrum-a...20-bootloader-pwnage-tool-lg-spectrum-4g.html

It was super easy, and now I want to update my rom.

On the first post of this thread I clicked on the download for gapps, and have that downloaded no issue, but for the rom and kernal links, what do I do?

I click on the links and see a list of folders. I am not sure which one to pick or how to find the rom. and do I have to unzip them to the sd card or copy over the zip.

If there are clear instructions on the forum I couldn't find please let me know.

Download newest ROM zip and gapps to match. Copy to somewhere on your SD. No need to unzip. Reboot to recovery... Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik cache. Install ROM zip. Install gapps. Reboot. Profit

Reactions: aroundincircles
Upvote 0
Download newest ROM zip and gapps to match. Copy to somewhere on your SD. No need to unzip. Reboot to recovery... Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik cache. Install ROM zip. Install gapps. Reboot. Profit

Helps if I click on the right links... I clicked on "kernel source" and not "DOWNLOADS" Gad I'm an idiot... that's why i was confused. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: bones420la
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones