• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 with GB kernel by RevNumbers

I hope battery life improves. New rom is going to hurt and gps was on all night so had 4% for maps, but had 80% after 8 hours idle, when 90% would be normal for my extended battery. Guess I'll charge it up and calibrate the battery.

I was under the impression that battery life had improved.

I was waiting for gb kernel for the 2nd init, so this is my first. Wasn't interested in sbf back to Froyo just to install a rom. :D

No place to set battery profile? I used to set it on "battery saver max".

Upvote 0
I hope battery life improves. New rom is going to hurt and gps was on all night so had 4% for maps, but had 80% after 8 hours idle, when 90% would be normal for my extended battery. Guess I'll charge it up and calibrate the battery.

I was under the impression that battery life had improved.

I was waiting for gb kernel for the 2nd init, so this is my first. Wasn't interested in sbf back to Froyo just to install a rom. :D

No place to set battery profile? I used to set it on "battery saver max".

I would have to say the battery has improved on mine. I first flashed the CM7 before this nightly on .596. Now I'm running the newest nighty after flashing the GB .602 and my battery is at 30%. That's after fiddling with it all night last night and letting it sit idle after going to bed.

I have calibrated the battery but havent killed it totaly yet so i'm hoping after charging it back up to 100% again it will improve. What apps you run plays a major roll in battery life. Having widgets such as facebook, weather, etc. really runs down your battery.

My phone is reporting 30% battery on 13 hours run time. That of course is from the last time I restarted the phone. I flashed CM7 lastnight around 8 0'clock. So that gives me what, 17 hours actual run time off one charge and having 30% battery left. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I saw no link to gApps, which needs to be flashed with CM7. I think this is the latest: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

I thought I could just download it from Rom Manager, but that wasn't the latest version. :D

Here is the latest version of gApps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

08/28 is also the latest version in Rom Manager.

Upvote 0
Been on this since the first build and I like it but I want my OMGB back. :(

Just flashed this today and there is one thing I miss from OMGB, the stability. Have had to do 3 or 4 battery pulls since I installed this and I did a clean install going back to .340 then tbh .602 and then this. Cleared cache/data/davlik each time too. I guess it's just bad luck. Shuji and OMGB were so stable for me, apex and this were/are not.

Upvote 0
Just flashed this today and there is one thing I miss from OMGB, the stability. Have had to do 3 or 4 battery pulls since I installed this and I did a clean install going back to .340 then tbh .602 and then this. Cleared cache/data/davlik each time too. I guess it's just bad luck. Shuji and OMGB were so stable for me, apex and this were/are not.

Not really any hiccups per say. Just OMGB is so clean and quick. I would never have switched were it not for the GB kernel upgrade.

Upvote 0
I'm at 10% after 24 hours with little use and Android Overclock has used 32% of my battery. I can usually go 3 days before I'm this low, but usually charge it every-other-night @ 70-80%.

I have the extended battery and am calibrating it now so might discover a few more hours before it dies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones