• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] CM9 alpha 2.0 is out

After much help from our good friend, Colchiro, I have 2.0 up and running on my touchpad. However, after the initial setup, which worked great in pulling in all my apps, etc., from my google account, my wifi does not seem to be working. If I boot into webOS, it works fine. If I boot into 2.0, it SAYS it is working (finds my home network, connects to it), but if I try anything network related, it cannot do it. Browser says no internet connection, setting up another email account fails (immediately), etc. I have tried turning wifi off, then back on, watching it connect to my home network and then, showing solid signal strength. Am I doing something wrong, or are others having this issue? (I did a search before posting, and found nothing like this, so that's why I am posting this.)

Check the date and time on your TP. I know it sounds crazy, but my wife's would not connected until I correct the date and time.

Upvote 0
Check the date and time on your TP. I know it sounds crazy, but my wife's would not connected until I correct the date and time.

Wow, what took you so long? :D

Sadly, I just put my Beautiful Widget Home weather widget on my screen, and it shows the exact time and date. Of course, it also says it's sunny and 0 degrees, right now, because it can't connect out! Thanks for trying, though. I really appreciate the quick response.

Upvote 0
Anyone else have issues with the touchstone not working with CM9? Searched but doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned it yet.
Can't say I have evidence it does not work. It clearly does for me.
However I am suspicious of it. In that sometimes, especially when the battery is fairly low, it does not seem to charge much at all. Its almost like the touchstone charging is fighting a battery drain.

On that subject, I do on occasion have quick battery drain, and I haven't been able to pin it down to any particular app.
If there's an app/patch to load to address battery drain I would appreciate someone letting me know what it is.

Upvote 0
I figured out my issue, it was bricked kernel. I had to go back to the stock kernel.

As for battery drain, a great root tool to use is autostarts or system tuner pro.. You can see all the apps that turn on and what triggers them. Then you can disable them.
How did you figure this in the end.
I am using stock Alpha 2 and is not properly charging via touchsone, even though it says it is. This is pretty much after a reboot - so nothing much running.
Charged for 4 hours and battery @ 21%.

Upvote 0
How did you figure this in the end.
I am using stock Alpha 2 and is not properly charging via touchsone, even though it says it is. This is pretty much after a reboot - so nothing much running.
Charged for 4 hours and battery @ 21%.

Sometimes I've found that the tablets position on the touchstone can have an effect on it's charging capabilities. Believe it or not I've found that sometimes moving the touchstone a few CM to one side of the other will change it's charging characteristics.

Another thing I found was that when the TP battery is completely dead, it will not always charge properly on the touchstone (when running CM9). For those occasions, I reboot it into WebOS and then place it on the touchstone. Once the battery gets a good charge on it I'll reboot it into CM9 and let it finish charging...

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I actually recently got around to updating my touchpad to alpha 2 0.6.

From what i've been reading is that this version is supposed to fix netflix and youtube playback, but i am still not able to view any video via netflix (sound will play, though) and youtube only works if i deselect HD...

Is there something I am doing wrong or am i supposed to modify another file, etc?

Besides that, this rendition has been awesome so far!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones