VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

Advertisement
    trophynuts and colchiro like this.
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Dang!

What does not work:

• Camera
    • Youtube on low quality (turn on High Quality instead. No idea why but it works)
    • charge only mode (if you plug in while off it boots all the way up)
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i think the original cm7 didnt have a working camera, but they found the fix for it, remember those days? :)
  4. colchiro

A lot of ICS devices don't have a camera right now. There's is a wrapper for it so it can use GB drivers, but don't know the details.
  5. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

So now the race is on for a working camera. Will it be CM9 or EncounterICS? We shall see. Ima gonna flash this just to check it out. Compare it to FE's ICS. I'm sure there are bugs. It is Beta......duh......lol
  6. SOCOM-HERO

SOCOM-HERO Well-Known Member

I was about to recommend that someone post that CM9 Beta link, since I was over on CyanogenMod 9 [Beta] - RootzWiki

Looks like you beat me to it!

I'm plenty happy with the last few hours it took me to get a perfect setup on Liberty 3v2.0...and it has a working camera
  7. colchiro

I read on a tech site today that phones take more pics than cameras these days. I have an expensive 24x camera, but use my X for pics. (I'm wondering where that camera is now.) :D
  8. SOCOM-HERO

SOCOM-HERO Well-Known Member

My biggest reason for ditching an early (stable) version of MIUI for Stock GB. Camera.....

Now I found a ROM that does the camera on this phone justice. I just wonder why it takes devs so long sometimes to get it working on the DX?
  9. colchiro

If you ditch blur, you don't have a lot of choices. :D
  10. cougar214

I'm generaly suprised. For a Beta, this thing is running pretty damn smooth. Only problems I have found so far are TiBu locks up when batch restoring, which isn't a Rom issue, It's TiBu subtle incompatibility to ICS, and the launcher FC's while browsing through the widgets.
  11. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

Going to load this CM9 Beta up on my DroidX later tonight.
    Will post feedback after I play around on it... ;)
  12. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

I'm gonna have to shoot myself in the face.....ICS CM9, dammit, camera has to work or have a workaround before i can even consider flashing it.
    Any ideas?
  13. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat re: the fancy camera but only use my phone these days. Its rare I even use the big camera unless im shooting pictures of my car. I rewrap leather steering wheels for a living and like to take a few shots of the before and after and send them to the owners while they wait for their wheels to arrive and find the phone camera a necessity/uber convenience.
  14. Bugly

Does anyone know of an app that has camera drivers in it? That could be the ticket for these builds that have camera issues. Is that even possible? Devs?
  15. colchiro

If they did, they'd probably only work with GB roms.
  16. Bugly

possibly, but if it had native drivers for the hardware in the app, which would load in a shell when the camera or other hardware was opened, it might work. i know this sort of thing works in pc's, so it may work in a portable device as well. might be worth looking in to. i don't know enough about coding to do this, but perhaps someone here knows how and never had the idea occur to him
  17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

With it being 4.0 I'm not sure if they can just make it use the GB files like can be done with CM7. He did mention in the thread there was a workaround, just didnt state what it was.

I been running it since it was posted here n it seems to run nice n smooth. Battery life is no worse than it was with CM7.
  18. cougar214

Taking into concideration that all hardware isn't equal. I think this has better battery life on my phone than CM7 did. And he posted an updated version. The batery percentage is now working.
  19. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

Does this support ad hoc networks? If not, what app/method would be recommended? Preferably method, I don't like relying on apps
  20. Bugly

@playfulgod: thats what i mean, if the driver were to be added into the app as a standalone, it might work regardless of what ROM or which android version you are on, it would run only when open and if isolated from the shell it would probably work
  21. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Possibly,
  22. Bugly

if i knew more about programming, i could figure it out, but, alas, i am lame when it comes to constructive assembly in computer language...
  23. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

You can download the app but you cannot use it on the rom. Lol I thought I'd work almost
    Huh like playing horseshoes, hand grenades, and four leaf clovers I hope they can fix this with chrome beta or future chrome browsers.
  24. colchiro

The fix for the Touchpad (CM9) was to change a line in the build.prop file. I don't know if that's the case here tho.