• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

Is ur update linkup? Is it Lang 3.2? What does kang mean

Kang - A term used for stealing others intellectual property and claiming it as your own. (i.e. When a developer uses another developer's work, and then publishes the end product as their own.) NOT NECESSARILY A BAD TERM ESPECIALLY WHEN PROPER CREDIT IS GIVEN TO SAID DEV
-source http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang#section_4

Upvote 0
I noticed that as well, I downloaded Apollo Music Player Beta from the Play Store, installed and working perfectly... :D

Um gonna assume you are joking..that's definitely not the same app. As stated in the OP it has or currently had CM9 music player. It's basically a ICS/MIUI themed music player that reminds me of a light weight Google music. Whatever that Apollo music player is in the Market..er Play store, I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. ;)

Upvote 0
Totally digging the updated 3.2 image many kudos for you my friend. I do have a question about the 2D graphics. When I run CPU master I'm getting around 1700 to 1800 but 2D is the only thing scoring under par.. everything else is actually surpassing hroarks beta5 ... is there some setting that I've done incorrectly... or is this a known problem.... I think hroark had this same problem but fixed it with his map fix kernel... and also im wondering if this might be related to the inability of this and beta5 to run flash/YouTube videos in high def? I'm loving this rom regardless and I believe it could benchmark around 2000 if the 2D thing is resolved

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been asked..... can bloods apk installer also be used to theme the apex launcher... or will I need to grab a diff one like adw or go.... I like the minimalistic feel of apex but crave the customixability of cyanogen mod

currently apex doesn't have themes available that k know of...check out xda to confirm..if you want more custimization try adw ex..endless themes..I wanted to have a ics only launcher by default..but I am curious to see how adw does...do tell please..also look into nova launcher..it is ics only..currently the kernel is the mapfix kernel of hroark..oc kernel of kato..no sd partition from inigo all rolled into one...videoplayback is a major priority ..we have been messing with a few different soutions nothing solid yett..will update each zip as things get fixed instead of waiting..glad your having fun with it..any feed back on reloaded.

Upvote 0
currently apex doesn't have themes available that k know of...check out xda to confirm..if you want more custimization try adw ex..endless themes..I wanted to have a ics only launcher by default..but I am curious to see how adw does...do tell please..also look into nova launcher..it is ics only..currently the kernel is the mapfix kernel of hroark..oc kernel of kato..no sd partition from inigo all rolled into one...videoplayback is a major priority ..we have been messing with a few different soutions nothing solid yett..will update each zip as things get fixed instead of waiting..glad your having fun with it..any feed back on reloaded.
Hey i brought the phone backk...ready for the bad news.....Well guess the were on sale when i got it and they wanted an extra 50.Sooooooo I went a got the samsung replenish.I will keep to date with this with you guys ,bvut im also gonna start dibble dabble in the replenish area.I am NOT dropping you guys my girl has a samsung prevail as well.But would like to have the camera working on it with the ics.

Ohh yea good job so far on the rom.Was gonna tell you try to put the google music thing in it get free music

Reactions: johnny424
Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying, but for you to say that you wouldn't touch an app such as that one from the Store with a "10ft pole", isn't that a lil harsh, the program works perfectly, although I didn't realize it wasn't the same as the CM9 music player that was in the rom previously...
There are plenty of apps I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole in the Store. Just because they are there doesn't mean I have to like the eh graphical look/feel of them. Granted that Apollo beta you recommended doesn't have any intrusive permissions. However my only point was that the Original CM9 music player wasn't in and your offering isn't even the app that no longer in the alpha.

@riotpump
Sorry bro ..we were trying to get this bad boy under 75 mbs...I will make you a flahable zip when I get home..will add back in the next update..I really like it too
That's very nice Johnny. It's cool I just noticed it was still in the original post, lol. No need for a flashable zip man. I already had a backup of it in Titanium so I just restored that and presto CM9 music back. It's just on the same list with Email 4.1 and Gmail 4.0 as well now. I understand trimming the fat so to speak. Noticed you guys removed ES File Explorer as well so it all makes sense. ICS under 75MB...sounds great considering how bloated it was originally. Taking this ROM from Dreamgirls Jennifer Hudson to Weight Watchers Jennifer Hudson. :D

Upvote 0
..any feed back on reloaded.

Loving the options it has and the fact that we no longer have to deal with "Roaming Indicator off" for the carrier label in the notification bar. I seem to get better scrolling of the whole bar now compared to the previous one. Customizable colors rock. Played with those too, no issues as well. Looks like another homerun just like switching to Apex from the previous launcher.

Upvote 0
@Riotpump

I really like apex..it is used in a lot of CM ROMS and AOKP as well...it is much smoother then trebuchet.. let me know if there are any apps you guyz may need and I'll make up zips..inless its light weight we will add it back to the ROM..Inigo has been doing a lot of mods and changes..he is like me and can only play/work on cm9 at night because of his job..glad you like reloaded I thought it was a useful little tool

Upvote 0
Something else I thought I noticed was I didn't see a flash player in the rooms system/app..... a couple of threads down a guy links to a modded version of adobe flash player 10.3. Labeled flash player 11 ... I've tested and it works beautifully.... may even be worth incorperating into the next zip

thank you..i will look into it..but unfortunately we had taken out flash in order to cut weight..deffinetly wanna get the ROM lighter then it currently is..thank you for your input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones