• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

guess we could look into video playback..

video playback is/was an issue for most CM9 Roms...but most of the builds i have read about have fixed it..

currently with this build it kinda half and half..audio syncs but not video..Netflix video doesnt work..you tube kinda works..dolphin seems to half way work..but i think i read that it has built in flash? i could be wrong..stock browser deffinetly doesnt work well..was thinking about switching it to the light "quick ICS browser" but when converted to a system app it forcecloses a lot

Upvote 0

video playback is/was an issue for most CM9 Roms...but most of the builds i have read about have fixed it..

currently with this build it kinda half and half..audio syncs but not video..Netflix video doesnt work..you tube kinda works..dolphin seems to half way work..but i think i read that it has built in flash? i could be wrong..stock browser deffinetly doesnt work well..was thinking about switching it to the light "quick ICS browser" but when converted to a system app it forcecloses a lot
Maybe its the permissions i have noticed alot of the force closes have to do with permissions also if u install it before putting it into the app folder it will give fc too

Reactions: johnny424
Upvote 0

9 times out of 10 i have found that if an app that fc's as a system app but works fine as a user app, you need to extract it's lib files and place them in /system/lib. Should function fine after. (I would try myself but I'm not at home until Monday and my card is almost full :eek: gotta move some of these backups to my pc, lol)

Upvote 0
Maybe its the permissions i have noticed alot of the force closes have to do with permissions also if u install it before putting it into the app folder it will give fc too

i have been using adb to install and test alot of apps..root explorer too..i have messed with perms. on some apps..i have been checking out quickpic for the gallery..its a pretty sweet gallery and its really light

Upvote 0
9 times out of 10 i have found that if an app that fc's as a system app but works fine as a user app, you need to extract it's lib files and place them in /system/lib. Should function fine after. (I would try myself but I'm not at home until Monday and my card is almost full :eek: gotta move some of these backups to my pc, lol)

Makes sense

Hey Johnny check your pm

Upvote 0
when you install a app doesnt it put a file into the lib?

Upvote 0
Has anyone put the Adreno 2xx GPU Binaries for on ICS ARMv6 Devices into the CM9?or no? Just wondering see if it can get some damm lagg out of the rom:thinking:

Qualcomm Releases Adreno 2xx GPU Binaries for on ICS ARMv6 Devices | xda-developers

no...i tryed swaping out lib files and adding some files but i kept bootlooping..not sure where i was going wrong..same deal with Hroarks v7 files..kept bootlooping..but i already asumed the v7 files wouldnt work..not sure what the deal is with the v6 newly released set..i asked Blood about it a while back.,he said he just swaped out the files for CTmod..so im pretty sure i was going wrong at some point

Upvote 0
I am able to boot into the home screen but am getting fc on a couple of apps.
This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm’s Adreno 2xx GPU on Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich for ARMv6 based chipsets. It has been tested with the CAF release M8960AAAAANLYA1030. Supports any Adreno 2xx GPU on Android ICS using the ARMv6 chipset (7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones