[ROM] CM9 Tenderloin nightliesTips

1. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... VIP Member

Looks like we are moving away from CM9 Alphas...

https://twitter.com/#!/cm_tenderloin

Dalingrin posted on Google+ that they probably won't be posting Alpha's unless there's something specific that they need people to test...

Advertisement
    jericko and Jeffery like this.
  2. Martimus

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Ah, ya beat me to it. Just read it on Twitter before taking my shower. :D

Here's the changelog:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged tenderloin,n,z

You can download it from here:
    http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/tenderloin

jericko and Jeffery like this.
  4. jericko

jericko Well-Known Member

If you are going to install a nightly and are on Alpha .6, do you need to do a full wipe or can you just install over and retain your current apps/settings?

Thanks
    Jason
  5. colchiro

jericko likes this.
  6. colchiro

I was running a Bricked kernel based on alpha .6 and booted into recovery, created a backup, then booted into CM9 (not the bricked kernel) and deleted the bricked kernel from my boot partition with Root Explorer.

Then I booted into recovery, formatted cache and cleared Dalvik cache and flashed just cm9 (0216). I didn't need to flash gApps since Market worked fine, but I did flash the touch screen driver (#10).

Looks like it wants to reboot when it's idle, o/w very smooth. Maybe I need to buy this. :D
  7. colchiro

I'm not getting deep sleep with any of the governors I've tried. You can use cpu spy to see if your luck is better than mine.

BTW, if you check that changelog, there's not much tenderloin code changes there... last one I noticed was in Jan. :D
  8. DefMan

DefMan New Member

I downloaded this directly to TP and runs fine so far. The "clock stopped working" was an annoyance for a few times. Removed it and stop. Rebooted about 3 times earlier in the day. Gonna scour rootzwiki and xda for more info. It's really smooth though. I'm liking the keyboard this time.

XDA says

Not Working:

Hardware Video- Netflix and HD Youtube videos.
    Microphone
    Camera
    Some Market Apks
    Titanium Backup At the Moment
    Most of the hardware problems from CM7
    Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread. USE GAPPS ABOVE
    USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich
  9. Martimus

Hardware Video, Microphone, Camera, and USB file transfers have been well known for a while now. I thought Dalingrin found a resolution for TiBU but it's possible that it broke again.

Personally I've seen one reboot on my TP since loading the latest nightly. Since then it seems to have settled down and is fairly stable. Haven't run into any insurmountable issues yet... I figure I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until the next nightly is released. And then install that and start over again... :D

Edit: Apparently I spoke too soon! :D

http://www.techerrata.com/file/nigh....0-tenderloin-KANG-20120217-040001-signed.zip
  10. colchiro

Just b/c a new nightly is out, doesn't mean anything for us has changed. Did you see all the devices that are using that depository?

TIBU works for me. I had it set to use system busybox in prefs.
  11. colchiro

I miss the ratings for nightly builds in Rom Manager. :D
  12. Martimus

Personally I'm trying new builds to find improvements in battery life. ;) It seems like my TP will do right around 2 days (may 3 if I let it drain all the way) on a charge. My Xoom, on the other hand, will go all week on a single charge. :cool:
  13. colchiro

I had better battery life on Dalingrin's last alpha. I'm not getting deep sleep with the nightly.
  14. colchiro

15. colchiro

I think I'll be installing this build....
    EDIT: also included is the option of changing the user agent in the web browser (menu... advanced tab). This means the browser can report it's from an ipad, desktop, android, etc. The advantage of choosing "desktop" would be to avoid the mobile version of many websites.

BTW, this build is pretty good.
    Jeffery likes this.
  16. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

All three changes/additions are great improvements!
  17. colchiro

I agree....

BUT, I left my TP on all night and no deep sleep. I had some yesterday before updating tho so might be due to clearing caches. I'm charging it now to test again.

There were some reports of SOD's, maybe due to the power saving mode in the new touchscreen drivers. I had my min speed set to 192 and no SOD's (maybe b/c it wasn't sleeping).

FYI...

18. colchiro

19. colchiro

20. jericko

jericko Well-Known Member

21. colchiro

Sure it did.... The script that didn't run was to merge the touchscreen and shutdown scripts.

You'll see 1080p when they get it stable. :D
  22. colchiro

It's going to be a few days before the h/w acceleration changes in the Alpha 2 build make it into the nightly builds. I'll update this thread when that happens.
  23. colchiro

Starting with 2/28 nightly build, HW acceleration is included. :D
  24. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Ahhh what?!?! So are you saying I should drop AOKP and flash CM9?
  25. colchiro

The hardware acceleration (smoother video) that was included with CM9 alpha 2 is now included with the nightly builds.

You could make a backup in recovery and try CM9 and restore AOKP if you prefer that.

I'm on MIUI (ICS) right now and that's usually a weekly build (Fridays), unless there's an issue.