[ROM] Codename Android 1.5.0 - Updated 3/5/12

1. andoird213

andoird213 Well-Known Member

Also, I miss the circular battery percent mod. Anyone seen one without the softkey mod that's flashable on this ROM?
  2. andoird213

And just a heads up. That fastglow mod doesn't work. Looked good, but it doesn't seem to work for anyone unless they do it manually; installing from the zip is no good. Install abort. Just FYI
    Yeahha likes this.
  3. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

Yea was just going to point out about the fast glow, Someone posted Fastglow WITH circular battery but it was the circular battery that I dont like. Its like 2 halfcircles, very weird. So was wonddering if they'll get the fast glow zip working on its own
  4. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

1.1.4 is now available!
    Yeahha likes this.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

I will update the OP as soon as I stop being lazy and get on my CPU ;) update looks good :) MIUI battery bar stock :D
  6. Yeahha

Update OP to show newest version of rom. Changelog below

* Common: Added Six and Eight Target Lockscreens (codenamedroid/link)
    * Common: method to switch back and forth between lockscreens (Whitehawkx)
    * Common: layout for the unhidden eight lockscreen targets (arrtoodeetoo)
    * Common: added the chevron back on the lockscreen (the unlock ripple)
    * Common: Added the option to disable the bootanimation (cm)
    * Common: Added the miui batter bar (miui, cm, and romanbb for the custom colors)
    * Common: Added new stack transition effect to the launcher (nebkat)
    * Common: Added ability to hide the dock spacing line in the launcher (nebkat)
    * Common: added the set button back and made a few changes to the hex color picker layout(codenamedroid)
    * Common: changed powerwidget background color to black
    * Common: sped up nav button animations (CrushD)
    * Common: fixed verizon wireless force close
    * Common: LOTS of code clean up and probably a few other things I forgot T_T
    * Galaxy Nexus (CDMA): Fix that all soo elusive space in build.prop
    4lph4num3r1c likes this.
  7. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Can you go from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 without a full wipe?
  8. Dukins

Dukins Well-Known Member

No you must perform a full wipe. :D
  9. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Awwww... I just got everything set up the way I wanted. And backing up is so cumbersome with the stupid multimedia device protocol the nexus uses. I downloaded Franco's kernel (which is excellent by the way) to get USB host functionality only to find that he removed it in v. 11 or something because of battery drain. I hope he can fix it and throw it back on there. Titanium backup folder doesn't like to copy nicely.
  10. Yeahha

Generally wiping is always required between roms. You may find a few that you can not wipe if upgrading but unless the dev states it is okay to not do it assume you need to ;)
  11. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

between Titanium backing up apps, and NOVA backing up homescreen settings, i have found that a full wipe is really not that bad anymore. the only thing i have to manually set-up again is my ringtones and Codename settings. hopefully the dev will add a way to backup codename settings soon, i know it has been done on custom roms for other devices. even without it, i managed to get 1.1.4 set up and running exactly like 1.1.1 was on my GNex in less than 20 minutes.
  12. Yeahha

What is this ringtone you speak of? Is it the sound you get when you phone gets an email? Yeahha doesn't use his phone for calls much...

More on the topic: I agree having a launcher that backs up your layout helps more with initial set up and I wouldn't flash a rom without TiBU since I like to keep my progress with things and don't like entering passwords.
    SolidOrange likes this.
  13. SolidOrange

I can't live without my nexus notification! I used the DROOOOID one on every other device but thought the GNex deserved something special. :cool:

http://db.tt/uIEfu1qV
  14. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

1.2.0 is available. Check his OP. ;-)
    SolidOrange likes this.
  15. SolidOrange

thanks for the heads up! upgraded last night, this is definitely still my favorite ROM to date. the new included kernel seems pretty good so far, i am going to give it a few days worth of testing instead of moving straight to the newest LeanKernel as i have with past versions. :D

here's the full changelog:

Yeahha, i already updated the OP for you. ;)
    Yeahha likes this.
  16. Yeahha

Thanks, I've been out for a bit ;)

I see some changes I have been looking forward to :D Might get around to flashing this in the next day or so.
  17. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I've been curious about this rom. How is speed, performance, and battery life?
  18. Yeahha

Never had an issue with any of them, I have been using IMO's lean kernels but I am curious to try the new kernel with the most recent update. I don't overclock and don't run too many intense games but I have not tried anything that hasn't performed perfect at this point.
    Trooper likes this.
  19. SolidOrange

i honestly don't notice nearly as much difference in speed/performance/battery life between GNex ROMs as i did between ROMs on other devices. i just pick the one with the features i like best and go from there. you can always load a different kernel if performance or battery life are an issue for you anyway. :cool:
  20. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member

Try Franco's new kernel its really good
  21. XxMalicexX

XxMalicexX Active Member

anyone else lose their market when they updated?...nvm forgot to flash gapps duh
  22. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Will be flashing this momentarily. What kernel are y'all running with this rom? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
  23. SolidOrange

i ran the included kernel for a couple of days, but somehow i always end up back on LeanKernel. i will post up some screenshots of battery performance on the CNA kernel vs. LK soon. LK 1.7.1 is going on 28 hours right now. :D

i will also be testing out LK 1.7.3 as soon as this battery is dead, so those results will be posted in a day or two. :cool:
    streetfish likes this.
  24. SolidOrange

as promised, here are the battery tests on both the new codename kernel and LK 1.7.1. use between the two will never be exactly the same, but i tried to keep it reasonably close. i would consider the use to be light to moderate, mostly texts/e-mails/web browsing, as is consistent with my normal routine. these results are both running at 1350 max/350 min on the interactiveX governor. 4G was enabled, wi-fi was not used at all, screen was set to 25% brightness. no other monkey business.

CNA kernel:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

LK 1.7.1:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am giving LK 1.7.3 a shot now, but it looks to me like CNA is a winner over 1.7.1, especially since my measurement on it didn't start at 100%. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation. ;)
  25. andoird213

That's the sweetest battery life I've ever seen!