• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Codename Android for JB (updated 10/2)

Upvote 0
hmmm, interesting

from @Link on codenameandroid.com's shoutbox: (16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM) builtboosted: You don't show up on the donation logs anywhere...CNA is working on it but his main computer lost the power supply so he's building on an older slower computer. 4.2 is coming but don't be mad because the man took a break to breath. The ROM IS coming...just can't give an ETA. I know yesterday he had 4.2 up and running and was starting to port features back in

Upvote 0
excitement builds:

from @Link on CNA's website: CNA has 4.2 up and running and is currently working on it guys. When I talked to him yesterday, he was working on porting features. One issue is that he' building on a much slower older computer b/c his main computer lost it's power supply. (and maybe more, haven't been able to work on it yet) Just be aware work is continuing on the ROM...it's by no means dead. CNA just took a breather waiting for 4.2 source to drop. Everyone deserves a break...wasn't much point in dumping his soul into 4.1.2 when it all had to be re-done when the new source dropped.

Upvote 0
excitement builds:

from @Link on CNA's website: CNA has 4.2 up and running and is currently working on it guys. When I talked to him yesterday, he was working on porting features. One issue is that he' building on a much slower older computer b/c his main computer lost it's power supply. (and maybe more, haven't been able to work on it yet) Just be aware work is continuing on the ROM...it's by no means dead. CNA just took a breather waiting for 4.2 source to drop. Everyone deserves a break...wasn't much point in dumping his soul into 4.1.2 when it all had to be re-done when the new source dropped.

Big sigh of relief...That is awesome news.

Upvote 0
Im guessing 4.2 will require a complete wipe? Since I'm on XenonHD V12 and looking to swap, guess I should wait till 4.2 drops instead of doing it twice? How is the wi fi tether on CNA? Have a two day car trip coming up and I need tether for the kid!

thanks
billd

wifi tether is great on CNA...everything is for that matter lol. i cant wait till 4.2 is released!

Reactions: dockmaster
Upvote 0
well, I hope you guys aren't holding your breath for CNA's 4.2 release...

From @Link on CNA's website: :(21 November 2012 - 06:45 PM) Some good and not so good news...seems like CNA 4.2 will take a little longer. Life changes are far more apparent for a ROM authored by one person...there's nobody to step in and do the work. Right now, CNA is going through some positive life changes at work which limit his time with the ROM. It appears that this will change soon (not in a negative way) and he will have more time for the ROM. Know that he is working on it with what little spare time he has but he's working over 12 hour days right now to make this life change happen and you can see where that may impact development time. All I can say is take this time to branch out and enjoy other ROMs and support other developers through praise and donations for their awesome work. We recognize we aren't the only game in town but do appreciate the loyalty we receive. Just keep an eye on the CNA twitter because hopefully we can start up your crack flashing again soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones