[ROM] Codename Android for JB (updated 10/2)

1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will wait.

Cheers.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Trooper, I don't know if I would hold my breath.

My experience with the developer goes WAY back... and when he says "tomorrow", that could be next week in his time zone :p

May as well go ahead, nandroid, wipe & flash, set it up and take it for a test drive, then you can dirty flash the update when it comes out...
    Trooper likes this.
  3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

4. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

How's battery life on Codename? Thinking about taking the plunge from XenonHD just to satisfy my flashing itch for the week =)
  5. colchiro

Very good... about the same as XenonHD. :D
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Hmmmm. Me thinks I may be double flashing this week.
  7. viper689

Do I have to use the CNA Gapps or can I use kejar's 7/15 gapps, as those have worked well for me on every other rom?
  8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Thanks Chief. If I have time tomorrow may give it a spin. Cheers!!
  9. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I used formula84's custom gapps. Works fine
  10. noahdr

noahdr Well-Known Member

Well I have gone from jellbelly to xenon and now to codename. So far codename is by far my favorite. Its still early to tell, but this one seems to EASILY have the better battery life of the three (at least on my phone with Franco kernel). I'm probably gonna stay with this one for awhile, at least for this week lol.
  11. DoctorEyeSight

DoctorEyeSight Well-Known Member

Hi,

No, I did not try that.

Instead I did a clean flash to the latest version of Codename. The e-mail issues I have been mentioning currently exist. I go into the "e-mail" application in which you can load numerous e-mails and not even one of my e-mails will set-up. While going through set-up, the screen waits forever on the same message "Waiting for sync. Your email will appear soon."

I will do what you said right now and see what I get. Go into recovery mode, wipe cache, dalvik, battery stats, format system, do not touch the data, then re-flash the ROM/Gapps and reboot?
  12. viper689

For the record, battery stats don't need to be manually wiped since if I recall reading somewhere they get wiped automatically every time the phone reboots
  13. DoctorEyeSight

Good to know. However, should I do the rest of the steps I mentioned above?
  14. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

shucks... i like this ROM, but my phone is all AOKP'd out. backround, boot animation, i got unicorns everywhere lol. I'm sure AOKP will get better, but this ROM seems pretty good for right now.
  15. colchiro

Correct. Wiping them is a waste of time.
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I am on CNA now. I already miss the Torch option in my notification drawer. Otherwise I'm OK so far.
  17. DoctorEyeSight

Hi,

I went into recovery mode, and wiped only the cache. Then I re-flashed codename ROM followed by its GApps and rebooted.

E-mail issue remains the same. I go into the standard "Email" application (Where you can log many e-mails at once) and try to sign into my e-mail, and the screen consistently says "Waiting for sync. Your email will appear soon."

Is anyone else having this issue with the latest Codename ROM?
  18. viper689

I just tried adding my other Gmail account into the Email app and it worked fine. I'm on Xenon 6.0 but I don't see why it wouldn't work on Codename. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just clean flash?
  19. The_Chief

WTH?

The Rootz thread is locked and the OP has been emptied!

This does not bode well, sports fans... :(
  20. viper689

Interesting... Ironic really, considering I just finished flashing this. What the crap lol

I could see it being because the dev was getting pestered for release dates. There's no team Codename, he's one guy doing all of this himself, so he probably just got tired of it. That's my guess. Shame too, the 10 minutes I've spent on this ROM have been great lol
  21. colchiro

I like it too, and was looking forward to a fix for the wake on touch, which doesn't work.
  22. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

Wow too bad,this ROM has been great for me so far. I guess I will give it a day or two too see what happens before I jump ship.
  23. Slubgob

Slubgob Well-Known Member

From his twitter feed:
    To prevent from being harassed unjustly by the admins of the site I have asked for my ROM to be removed @RootzWiki

@acetipped yeah you will see all of the updates here

Direct links to all of the roms can be found on Google+ for the time being. http://bit.ly/MqMbHC
    The_Chief likes this.
  24. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Looks like patriot's prediction came true unfortunately. At least it seems the developer isn't going to stop supporting it.
  25. The_Chief

Well I have him dialed in on Google +, hope he sticks around a little longer...
    jbdan likes this.