• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Codename Android for JB (updated 10/2)

I'm loving this "fast-charge" thing! :D

Had 34% battery earlier (told you I kill batteries). Put it in the USB jack for 45 minutes and made it to 44%.

Went in and enabled fast-charge. An hour later? 99%!

Cool beans... I just have to remember to disable it when I need to transfer files...

Best idea ever would be a USB fast charge toggle. :smokingsomb:

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I found that the Faux kernel was actually pretty bad on this rom, but after letting Franco in my battery is still horrible. Even if I don't use my phone and leave it sitting in my pocket, I still lose percentage. May have to go back to Xenon.

Confused here....

You flashed Faux, then did you flash Franco over that?

Always best to reflash the rom or the stock kernel before going to a new kernel.

Upvote 0
I found that the Faux kernel was actually pretty bad on this rom, but after letting Franco in my battery is still horrible. Even if I don't use my phone and leave it sitting in my pocket, I still lose percentage. May have to go back to Xenon.

I agree with faux being more drain than stock kernel. I flashed the latest lean kernel exp2 180 and it's much better IMO.

Upvote 0
Faux was the stock kernel on this rom so I flashed Franco over that no wiping or anything. Is no one else experiencing idle drain when not using the phone?

Hi,

I am on the stock kernel and the charging process takes ages! I will give it another 24 hours for this ROM to settle down on my phone, and if not, tomorrow I will have to flash Franco's Kernel.

Upvote 0
Sadly, the battery life and occasional lag with this ROM I had to jump back to Xenon. While I liked the customization available in Codename, I needed something a little more stable and Codename just wasn't working on my phone. Well done to the Codename dev because he's got a quality ROM here

Lag when? Heck, I am running a full 1gb download on 3G and typing this post and have very minimal lag compared to ICS ROMs.

Upvote 0
This is ridiculous.

It's 10 AM my time. Got up at roughly 7:45 with a full charge. Streamed a little Google Music via BT for about an hour of that.

I'm at 53%! :eek:

No GPS, no phone calls, I'm on wi-fi, no movies or videos, little screen time. CPU Spy says I have spent 90% of that time in either deep sleep or the 384 MHz slot. Top freq 1228 Mhz: 6%. That's IT.

CNA running franco r231 for about 24 hours now.

I am open to suggestions, here. While I admit that I'm good about going through battery, I'm not THIS good.

Upvote 0
I like to think that my tweet to him was the deciding factor on him coming to Phandroid. Don't say otherwise and ruin my happiness! :p

Has anyone had a problem with switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only? I tried it and wouldn't connect to 3G. I then switched back over to LTE/CDMA and I had to reboot to get it to connect.

@Chief. I've been using leankernel and it works great for me.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones