• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Comparison

adicken1

Dec 5, 2009
Can someone that has extensively used each of the more popular ROMS list the differences, and possibly the pros and the cons of each?

I'm currently running Epic Experience and chose that over Quantum for the moment due to not being able to select a ringtone without the app freezing, then subsequently FCing. (Minor reason I know, but a reason none the less)

I haven't tried any of the others yet, but couldn't even really tell the major differences between these 2 besides a couple of apps and little things such as the indicator on the battery of Quantum... I'd imagine it would take days of regular use to notices even the changes between the ROMS and the stock DK28.

Thanks in advance.

~ Drew

Roger that. I must have downloaded an outdated version of the ROM... I read a post of yours a while back that referenced that the FC issue was resolved, but wasn't sure if these issues were one in the same.

Thanks for the link. I searched high and low and couldn't find anything.

~ Drew

BTW, Kelmar, I know you're running Quantum... What specifically led you to that decision?

Upvote 0
You have to flash the Phone Fix as well and it'll be fine.

I usually keep flashing ROMs until I find one I like. I also read the comments. Are the ROM's usually problematic or do they work... does the Developer seem to know what they are talking about or is it just a themed version of a stock ROM (which I would rather just theme myself to my liking).

Quantum fit my needs and likes and so it stayed. :)

Upvote 0
right, seems to be that way. not a huge deal but hopefuly they'll make a fix?

Purely a guess.... but probably not (at least not for DK28). If DL11 really is released on Sunday the 26th, the developers will focus their attention on the official release rather than leaks.

If the problem spans onto DL11, I would imagine that the developers and Samsung would both be working on a fix.

Upvote 0
Purely a guess.... but probably not (at least not for DK28). If DL11 really is released on Sunday the 26th, the developers will focus their attention on the official release rather than leaks.

If the problem spans onto DL11, I would imagine that the developers and Samsung would both be working on a fix.

ah ok, gotcha. thx

Upvote 0

ah ok, gotcha. thx. what is DL11? is that anything to do with Gingerbread 2.3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones