• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

ok i decided i want this rom. i have a boost marquee but i did the zv4 update so i was left with an unrooted phone. so i followed a post in monsters kdz guide http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...uide-flash-your-phone-back-stock-kdz-cab.html to flash it to the ls855zv9 software. i now have it rooted with cwm installed. but should i use the boost or the sprint version because under sw in my phone in the about phone part it says ls855zv9 and my android version is still 2.3.4. UGH idk what to do haha. and if i use this rom can i still use go sms and go launcher etc?

Upvote 0
ok i decided i want this rom. i have a boost marquee but i did the zv4 update so i was left with an unrooted phone. so i followed a post in monsters kdz guide http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...uide-flash-your-phone-back-stock-kdz-cab.html to flash it to the ls855zv9 software. i now have it rooted with cwm installed. but should i use the boost or the sprint version because under sw in my phone in the about phone part it says ls855zv9 and my android version is still 2.3.4. UGH idk what to do haha. and if i use this rom can i still use go sms and go launcher etc?

the sprint and boost versions are exactly the same except the carrier they work with, so you'll want the boost version.

yes you can use those apps.

Upvote 0
ya but my software makes my phone think its using sprint service?

It doesn't matter, that's just a sprint stock rom you have on it right now. You can flash a boost rom without any issues.

You may want to upgrade your baseband before you do anything tho. You can do that by flashing one of my stock zvc/zv4 roms.

Upvote 0
That is the Baseband I have on my device.
-----------------------------------------------------
LG LG855 Marquee [Boost]
CTMod 3.6
3D Boost + OC 1.2GHz Kernel + Hyper Kernel (ramdisk)
Baseband: LS855ZVC-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 lge@android-build #2
SW Version: LG855ZVC
------------------------------------------------------
I do wonder though, since I am on boost if the part I put in bold should read: LG855ZVC or LG855ZV4? All I do know is the current setup works fine.

Mine reads zv4 and everything is good on my end as well. Guessing it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones