• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

Are you saying that you don't recommend using stuff like Titanium to backup and restore applications?

If yes, why? If no, what are you saying that you don't recommend?

As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your work is grealty appreciated.

I used titanium backup myself to restore my apps after i flashed with no problems. I just didn't restore system data, only missing apps+data.

Upvote 0
Awesome now I have one problem....bluetooth is still not discoverable by other devices. I can pair it with other devices from my phone to other device its fine but when I pair it with other devices from ( let say my PC Bluetooth ) other device to my phone it cannot pair it. So it only works one way from my phone to computer but computer to phone it cannot :thinking:. Would really like this to work both ways.

Upvote 0
Awesome now I have one problem....bluetooth is still not discoverable by other devices. I can pair it with other devices from my phone to other device its fine but when I pair it with other devices from ( let say my PC Bluetooth ) other device to my phone it cannot pair it. So it only works one way from my phone to computer but computer to phone it cannot :thinking:. Would really like this to work both ways.

it works fine for me and nobody else seems to have any problems, its probably your devices.

I've discovered the marquee with my prevail and discovered my prevail with the marquee, both ways paired fine.

Upvote 0

Did you check to see if Discoverable is checked in bluetooth settings? I have no problems pairing both ways.

Upvote 0
The new file downloaded (CTMod 3.6.5) includes "Sprint" in the file name. I am going to try it on my Boost Marquee here in few minutes. Is there anything I should be aware of when installing this Mod? Bloodawn, love your work. Tried that CM7 work in progress posted on here and did not dig what it did for my phone. Can't wait for more CT updates.

you downloaded the wrong one if your on boost and sprint is in the file name.

everything about installing it is in the first post.

Upvote 0
Great work bloodawn!!!!, this paired with marquee unleashed is truly amazing. You guys have brought this phone from crap to pretty damn good. Thanks. Btw, is their any possible way to get theme manager on this rom? Its like the only thing I miss from cm7...

I'm not sure if i could port that into CTMod or not. even if I could it would take me a long time cause theres a shit load of changes involved.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if i could port that into CTMod or not. even if I could it would take me a long time cause theres a shit load of changes involved.

OK no prob.. I wanted to not only look at the cake I wanna eat it too. Have you thought about making a ctmod based off of the 4.0 aosp source? I think if you did that everyone would completely forget about cyanogenmod lol. Anyways great work we are lucky to have you on board.

Reactions: Capn069
Upvote 0
Hey Blood,
Awesome work on this ROM. It really does seem snappier. The interface really responds nicely and seems smoother than before.

One thing I noticed. It seems that I can only add a google account, whereas before I could add Exchange/Corporate email accounts. Is there something I can do to enable this?

Thanks for the help and the great work on this ROM.

Upvote 0
I'm not expert but i'm pretty sure this is due to the main email app being removed. Check out post #2 regarding adding back system apps that were removed. If you haven't already done that it'd be a good first step

bingo. thanks for the hint. I didn't realize that an app would actually add an account setting like that, but it makes perfect sense. Same goes for other accounts too (Windows Live account gets added when you have OneNote loaded, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)

Much thanks.

LeRoyDroid

Upvote 0
To activate tethering for sprint:

1. Download Launch Pro from the app market.
2. Add to homescreen > Shortcut > Activities > com.lge.hiddenmenu >LG Hidden Menu.
3. Select shortcut from homescreen
4. Select Settings > Data settings > DUN NAI >Extend Modem Select No

You can now activate USB tethering or Wifi hotspot through the default settings in the wireless menu! :)

Upvote 0
Bugs: 1. I attempted to save a background and Chrome browser force closes

I also have this problem. My solution was to install Browser.apk from the 'removed program' zip on the front page. FTR, I'm using unleashed 1300mhz 3.2.1 kernel.

I also had issues with 3G data not working but I think it was b/c of how I installed my kernels. I reinstalled CTMod, rebooted fully, rebooted to CWM, wiped cache and Dalvik(sp?) only, installed unleashed and all is well.

Thank you Bloodawn and everyone involved! The Marquee is my first smartphone, and I'm so happy to finally have a rom that shows the great things android has to offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones