• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

I'm love this ROM however I do have a few questions...

MMS seems to work sporadically(I can send but can't recieve)Is there a fix?

Also my preferred settings on Voltage Control is:
Max:1380, Min:220
I/O Scheduler:noop
Gov:Interactive
But the governor always seems to revert back to ondemand(which sucks)
I have the above settings saved as startup on boot. Not sure what causes it. Is there a fix or just something to deal with?

Thanks!

I'm actually surprised people still use Opera as their browser. Especially on this phone. There's actually much cleaner, faster, more customizable browsers that also have a much better UI than Opera. Boat Browser is probably the best of a small handful. I deleted the Maxathon browser on CT and made Boat a System App. So much nicer and faster:D

theres no bugs in the rom with mms, are you using the ICS theme? if so thats whats causing it, if not then its a problem with the carrier.

go to voltage control and do menu > remove boot settings, make sure everything is set how you want then do menu > save as boot settings > select how you want it saved.

Reactions: lunigma
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
theres no bugs in the rom with mms, are you using the ICS theme? if so thats whats causing it, if not then its a problem with the carrier.

go to voltage control and do menu > remove boot settings, make sure everything is set how you want then do menu > save as boot settings > select how you want it saved.
Thanks for your response Bloodawn.
Actually I am using a universal ICS theme by Kovdev with Go Launcher. Is there a specific theme that is the culprit?

Edit: My carrier is Boost.

When I save the boot settings in Voltage Control I always select the (recommended startup service) option....It may revert back when it's plugged or unplugged from the charger.....

Upvote 0
Still no mms for me. I can send but cannot receive. Changed themes as bloodawn suggested but still nothing. Then went into CWM and deleted caches and fixed permissions and rebooted. Still nothing. Kind of frustrating because I really love this ROM, but I still NEED to receive artsy photos of my girlfriend. With that being said somebody please help!
The crazy thing is I'm on boost and she's on sprint using a berry

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Still no mms for me. I can send but cannot receive. Changed themes as bloodawn suggested but still nothing. Then went into CWM and deleted caches and fixed permissions and rebooted. Still nothing. Kind of frustrating because I really love this ROM, but I still NEED to receive artsy photos of my girlfriend. With that being said somebody please help!
The crazy thing is I'm on boost and she's on sprint using a berry

Any suggestions?

Do you use handcent? Me and a couple others have had issues with MMS with CT MOD using handcent.

Upvote 0
if you have left over data on the phone from some other swype you tried, it will cause problems with the one that actually works.

the swype beta should work too but the same thing goes for old data screwing with it.

Bloodawn, thank you for putting out this ROM. I've put it on my "backup" marquee (one I recently grabbed for $50 off craigslist) so I could try things like rooting and installing custom ROMs without having to worry about doing horrible things to the phone I use every day. :) So far, so good -- it's running quickly and smoothly, but I have 2 issues I'd like to resolve before I repeat the process on my main phone:

1) I installed Swype, but it's not working right. I swype a word, and the phone just beeps, a ring around the keyboard flashes, and...no word appears in the text window. In Settings > Language & keyboard settings > Swype settings, "Language" is grayed out. It's as though no dictionary is installed. Is the Swype apk self-contained, or is the dictionary a separate package that I failed to install?

2) I have a sweet iGo foldable bluetooth keyboard that I bought a million years ago for...a Palm Pilot, maybe? Anyway, it works with my HTC View tablet (still running its stock OS...2.3, I think) but not with my stock Marquee. The Marquee says "sorry, this item is not compatible with this HID device" or something similar. I figured keyboard support was something LG removed from the Marquee's flavor of the OS, but CTMod looks like a pretty "pure" version of Android....and it's giving me the same message. Any insight? I'd love to be able to enter data at 80 words per minute on my phone, especially when I'm out on trips.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
No, stock messaging app.
Pretty bizarre, I can send without a problem just can't receive. She's confirmed that others have received mms from her. So I'm stumped....MMS settings, auto retrieve is on...

what version of CT are you using? 3.68? if so try updating your prl and doing a factory reset. if that doesn't fix it its a problem with boost.

if your using a older version of CT try upgrading it.

Bloodawn, thank you for putting out this ROM. I've put it on my "backup" marquee (one I recently grabbed for $50 off craigslist) so I could try things like rooting and installing custom ROMs without having to worry about doing horrible things to the phone I use every day. :) So far, so good -- it's running quickly and smoothly, but I have 2 issues I'd like to resolve before I repeat the process on my main phone:

1) I installed Swype, but it's not working right. I swype a word, and the phone just beeps, a ring around the keyboard flashes, and...no word appears in the text window. In Settings > Language & keyboard settings > Swype settings, "Language" is grayed out. It's as though no dictionary is installed. Is the Swype apk self-contained, or is the dictionary a separate package that I failed to install?

2) I have a sweet iGo foldable bluetooth keyboard that I bought a million years ago for...a Palm Pilot, maybe? Anyway, it works with my HTC View tablet (still running its stock OS...2.3, I think) but not with my stock Marquee. The Marquee says "sorry, this item is not compatible with this HID device" or something similar. I figured keyboard support was something LG removed from the Marquee's flavor of the OS, but CTMod looks like a pretty "pure" version of Android....and it's giving me the same message. Any insight? I'd love to be able to enter data at 80 words per minute on my phone, especially when I'm out on trips.

Thank you!

try this: TouchPal, its not swype but its similar, and better I think.

CTMod is made with the stock marquee rom so thats why your BT keyboard won't work, sorry bro.

Upvote 0
try this: TouchPal, its not swype but its similar, and better I think.

CTMod is made with the stock marquee rom so thats why your BT keyboard won't work, sorry bro.

Trying TouchPal now, and it looks at least as good as Swype. Thanks!
More searching has led me to BlueInput, which isn't cheap (10 Euros) but has a free demo so at least I can see if it works. $12.50 for an app? That's 1/4 as much as I paid for the phone -- an outrage! :) If it frees me up from carrying a laptop, it's worth it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Upvote 0
I haven't found much reason to mount /sd-ext on this phone, as it has more than ample internal storage..

I have a question for you, Bloodawn.. I'm looking at having to unlock my phone to switch to another carrier, as there is zero sprint service where I just bought a house.. Can you tell me what kind of issues I'm going to run into?

Upvote 0
I have a question for you, Bloodawn.. I'm looking at having to unlock my phone to switch to another carrier, as there is zero sprint service where I just bought a house.. Can you tell me what kind of issues I'm going to run into?

what carrier you going to? mms probably won't work without being modded, other then that idk.

Upvote 0
about a half hour ago goo manager sent a notification that theres an update for my current rom so i came here to get it because goo manager wouldnt show me the update and rom manager said this rom doesnt offer OTA updates but i see that this rom is on 3.68 so i checked the version in my settings its the same so whats happening:thinking::thinking:? thanks in advance:)

Upvote 0
about a half hour ago goo manager sent a notification that theres an update for my current rom so i came here to get it because goo manager wouldnt show me the update and rom manager said this rom doesnt offer OTA updates but i see that this rom is on 3.68 so i checked the version in my settings its the same so whats happening:thinking::thinking:? thanks in advance:)

I got the same thing about an update like 3 hours ago.

Upvote 0

I got the same thing about an update like 3 hours ago.

i was actually pretty excited i just want to know if i should be or goo manager is *****ing out and i got my hopes up for nothing

LOL, it did that to me right after installed CTMod 3.6.8 which just happened to be the same day it was released. I knew something just wasn't right. I think that Blood has mentioned this in one of his post a while back.:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones