[ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

Last Updated: 2014-06-26 18:04:24
  1. fatnickd1

fatnickd1 Active Member

Would someone kindly post the link to the latest CWM update? Thank you. Rom seems fast, but may have installed wrong because it crashes a lot at this point. See If I can reinstall and fix it. Really fast thou. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Well-Known Member

the images from the prevail will work, but the files won't.

like you can add the themed images from the prevail's framework-res.apk to the TU's framework-res.apk, but if you actually try using the prevail's apk shit won't work.

works fine for me

after you installed the rom you didn't restore anything with titanium backup or any other kind of app did you?
  3. katracho

katracho Well-Known Member

amazing this rom is great :):) .. I just installed it and I love it more than my rom and cm7 :D:D thank you so much bro .. every think works fine for me ..no fc
  4. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

boot into recovery..wipe cache and dalvik..fix perms..reboot..if any particular app gives you trouble..try deleting data in settings..then reboot..last case ..do a full wipe data..cache..dalvik and reinstall the rom..just in case something was brought over from your previous system
    skiptharippa and Lumed like this.
  5. tejodite

tejodite Active Member

which is the latest version of the CWM??

i have version 5.0.2.7
  6. TeachMe

TeachMe Well-Known Member

Hey guys i got a modded ultra running 2.3.4 with stock baseband its got cwm and root and i would love to install this rom but i want my baseband updated also. what steps should i take and like above post what is newest cwm version please .
  7. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I also would like the link to the newest CWM as well. I want to update my baseband as well ( not sure if I can do alone with this rom ) .
  8. ChoznJuan

ChoznJuan Well-Known Member

9. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

Is this bug still happening?
  10. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

11. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member Developer

im glad all the bugs are getting worked out
  12. TeachMe

Id say no since he included the link to manual update in here. I am fixin to do mine if u wanna wait see how it goes. First ill update cwm with updatezip. File for cwm. Then ill do manual terminal method update of baseband. Then flash this rom. Give me like 1 hour and check back.
  13. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

Ok I thought it did update the baseband because it required the new CWM which is capable (i think ) of doing so. Also, If I updated baseband myself, where do i get the terminal emulator on my phone at? the market?

Can anyone confirm if manually updating the baseband is required for this rom if you are using the newest version of CWM (v.5.0.2.8) ?
  14. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

5.0.2.8 is the newest version with the 2 minute reboot bug and kernel bug fixed.
    tejodite likes this.
  15. TeachMe

Yes terminal is market.
  16. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that updating to this rom with the newest CWM will update your kernal/baseband automatically as he states that he has customized it and there would be no other way of updating those other then this ROM update. I am really just waiting to see if the camera to video FC is fixed before I update.
  17. ChoznJuan

ChoznJuan Well-Known Member

From what I've read, updating the rom doesn't automatically update your baseband. The camera to video fc issue seems to be resolved. I would say just manually update the baseband. It only takes about 5 minutes and is completely painless if you follow the directions. :D
  18. TeachMe

Ok 1st step done. Cwm updated witth the zip file all good. Baseband update manual next. Brb with details.

Ok 2nd step done. Manual baseband update done. Next to load the rom. Brb with details.

Ok 3rd step done. Rom loaded and so far I love it. Phone Is super fast and touchscreen is so much better. Thanks for your hard work on this rom.
  19. tejodite

tejodite Active Member

thanks, now i going to try this rom
  20. YoYo95

YoYo95 Member

Wow this rom is great, fast and smooth
    Loving it
    No problems here
    Thanks for the awesome rom
  21. TeachMe

Just comenting not complaining but if screen is locked and I flip out keyboard it sorta crashes mini reboot where stock rom would unlock from fliping out keyboard. Once again I love this rom and above info is feedback only not a complaint.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2
    Bloodawn likes this.
  22. jdogrambo

guys i really wish i had my phone back i should have it back by end of this week so then i will be playing with this bad boy
  23. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I have installed this rom and so far I like the speed, however, I like to use an app called Fast Burst Camera because I have a child who is impossible to film and it takes pictures fast. However, when I try to run this app it says the camera is locked due another app using the camera even if I do not open the stock camera app.. never came across this issue with any other rom. any idea what could cause this or what I could do to prevent it? it says the camera is locked :(
  24. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Well-Known Member

If that's the only camera you use try deleting camera.apk from /system/app, reboot then try it out.
  25. jdogrambo

try deleting main camera app with es file explorer give it root permission first tho