[ROM] Cyanogen Mod 5.0.8 test 3

Last Updated:

1. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just posted a few hours ago on ROM Manager and here. Fixes that pesky video tearing issue that I kept thinking was something I did.

Koush ROMS | incredible ROMS

Enjoy!

By the way, obviously, I did not make or take credit for this ROM. I am just starting a thread to discuss it.

Advertisement
  2. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Any other bugs to speak of? Or bug fixes for that matter? I haven't flashed any roms yet since I'm waiting for either a bug-free (or close) cyonogen or a froyo rom.

3. thirtyfour41

I believe bluetooth is still not functional, but you'd have to check the change log for all the bugs... That's all they said on Twitter was video tearing was fixed and bluetooth wasn't working.

Change Log

Also you might be waiting a little bit for a "bug free" version. I really like the Cyanogen mod, but I agree, I'd like it to be mostly working before I transition.

4. Asterdroid

Yeah that was actually the main bug that's preventing me from switching over. I know it will never truly be "bug free" but no bluetooth is a no go for me. I needs my gamepad for emulators! :D

5. thirtyfour41

Yeah, I suppose I can live without bluetooth, but I've already gotten one ticket for driving on my cell phone, and I'm not getting another. I use it when I'm in the car now. Got one of those LG speakerphone things. Sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel I hear, but I don't talk on the phone long. And that's an even better excuse not to :D

And I don't like ADW Launcher... I guess I could install Launcher Pro, but I just got my phone customized and setup the way I want it. I don't want to spend a whole day doing it again yet!

6. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

that's why we backup and restore

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

7. thirtyfour41

yeah, but i'm anal about where my widgets go and which ones i use. maybe it's my ADD or something, but i'm always changing them and moving them and trying to find the perfect spot... it takes me forever. i've had the phone now for a little over a month and a half and i still change them everyday :eek:

plus, i almost bricked my phone yesterday installing the jagermod 1.7... just made a stupid mistake. so that scared me into not modding... for a day or two :D

8. Asterdroid

I do the same thing with my widgets. I'm a launcherpro addict myself. ADW can't handle as many widgets as launcherpro.

9. thirtyfour41

plus i like the scrollable dock bar in launcher pro. i use apps organizer to group my stuff then put the group icons in my dock bar. makes using the app drawer almost pointless. i like having 1 click access.

10. Asterdroid

Same here but I use FolderOrganizer lol.

11. thirtyfour41

12. Asterdroid

Basically. I just like having the one folder in the middle that has all the other folders inside of it. Yes I paid for that 1 stupid feature.

13. thirtyfour41

Yeah that works, too, but that's pretty much the same as using the app drawer. I have categories like tools, android, internet, multimedia, etc... and then I put some of my most used apps in those categories and put each one in the dock... See below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MarkyD likes this.
  14. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 Member

GPS still not working?

15. thirtyfour41

Here's a short list from xda:

Also, yes, a couple posts about GPS not working.

Thread here

16. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

it was slower for me than the yeti rom

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

17. Asterdroid

Nice setup man (or woman?) Reason I did it was because I just have too many apps and preferred them to be categorized rather than use the app drawer. Saves some memory that way too. Still needs some more tweaking (especially the rightmost page), but here's my current setup from left to right, plus my main folder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. thirtyfour41

Ah, nice dude... I'm a guy, btw :)

I like the way that dock looks. Which home replacement is that? Is it ADW? I've only tried a couple of them and stopped once I found Launcher Pro. It seems to be (for the most part) the fastest and smoothest one. Although it does FC on my a few times a day which is getting annoying, but I have faith it'll get fixed soon. I recently tried the Touchwiz Launcher that I guess comes with Samsung phones. It's really nice looking, but for one looks too much like an iPhone and also the dock isn't scrollable (big thing for me). Secondly what annoyed me was when you installed something, when it went into the app drawer it put the icon at the end and didn't automatically alphabetize it. Also if you moved an icon to the dock it wouldn't realign the icons, it would leave a blank spot where that icon was and you had to drag each icon one by one over to align them. Wicked annoying. I'm so used to Launcher Pro now I don't think I could use anything different. I also run Quick Desk on top of it with my Switch Pro widget and a couple other things. If you haven't tried it, it's nice.

BTW... You an Orioles fan or Sox fan? And how did you get your MLB schedule to show up on your calendar? I have the Sox schedule in my Google calendar but for some reason it won't show up on my phone.

19. Asterdroid

It's actually launcherpro. I use the Glass Orbs icon pack for all the folder icons. Those are all FolderOrganizer shortcuts, just the one in the middle is a master folder with all the other folders inside it.

I need to give QuickDesk a whirl. I've heard very good things.

As far as the FC's in LauncherPro go, it's because he changed the way the memory usage works. It's manually controlled now. I had to lower the memory usage in order to be able to handle all my widgets without FC issues. It works great now that I tweaked it, though. Read these two blog posts:
    LauncherPro Beta 0.6.1 released
    LauncherPro Beta v0.6.4 available on Market

Also, go Sox. The way I got the Sox schedule into my calendar was by importing an excel calendar. Google disabled .ics sports calendar integration a couple months ago, so the only way to have it in your calendar is via manual import. It doesn't update with changes and doesn't have pitching matchups, but it's not really a big deal (with the exception of the playoffs of course, fingers crossed).

thirtyfour41 likes this.
  20. thirtyfour41

Sweet, I'm gonna give that a shot. I put my memory usage on low to see if it stops the force closes, or at least makes them happen less often. If that works, maybe I'll bump it to moderate and see how it goes.

As far as the Sox schedule, I don't really care enough to do all that to get it on my phone. I have the MLB at Bat so that's enough for me, at least until football season comes around... but those are easy enough to put in the calendar. 16 games instead of 100 and something.

You in the Boston area? Oh... der. It says Providence right on your profile. I used to live in Narragansett right near the beaches. Only for about a year, though. I'm originally from Springfield, MA.

21. Asterdroid

Nice. I grew up in East Greenwich :)

And by the way, I didn't mean I CREATED the excel. I just downloaded the excel version of one of the online calendars and imported that instead of synchronizing the .ics file.

22. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

what calendar widget is that? and what other widgets do you have? they're freaking sick!

23. thirtyfour41

I am using Pure calendar widget for my calendar. Also:

Juiceplotter
    BatteryLeft
    AppsOrganizer (not really a widget, but does the windowed stuff)
    Gmail unread
    Adv Task Killer

The rest is Launcher Pro

24. cptcorn

cptcorn Member

I've been playing with this rom all day on and off. Normally my battery should be down to 20-14% by this time in the day and its still at about 60-75%... wow

25. thirtyfour41

yeah it's a great mod, but still with a few tweaks that need to be made. GPS not working is a big one considering I use my phone for a GPS a lot.