• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Cyanogen Mod 6 Nightly

Quick question - if I want to update to every nightly, do I need to wipe the data/cache/etc? Or can I just do the "install from zip" method? Or use CM Updater?

You need to wipe everything before putting on the nightly if you don't already have a version installed. If you've already got an earlier version installed, then you can just flash a newer one over what you've got without doing a wipe. Several people have confirmed this on XDA. You can update via ROM manager too if you've got the premium version.

Upvote 0
I am downloading the lastest CM rom. When doing it through ROM Manager it also asks if you want to download Google Apps. I did that, but I am wondering what other list of things do you need to add on besides Sprint Visual Voicemail. Also when you grab that file off of the card for Sprint Voice Mail do you just go to black screen with aqua letter and add zip from SD card Sprint_VVM.apk

WOW!!!!! Is all

You have to install it, i cant find where i got it from, but uploaded it here:
Sprint style Voicemail

Upvote 0
the one thing that has frustrated me since I rooted and got free wifi tether is the super slow speeds when I tether my iPad with my evo. when I used the one that came from the factory with the $30 service is was super fast.

anyone else notice this? any fixes available? can I just install the apk for the original wifi tether, pay the $30 and use that with my cyanogen6 rom?

thanks

p.s

I am only getting maybe 150k dl speeds, but about 400 up. I usually get around 1.5 on my phone when I test the 3g speed

update:::

now I am only seeing speeds of about 500k in boh directions on my 3G signal, about three bars

Upvote 0
the one thing that has frustrated me since I rooted and got free wifi tether is the super slow speeds when I tether my iPad with my evo. when I used the one that came from the factory with the $30 service is was super fast.

anyone else notice this? any fixes available? can I just install the apk for the original wifi tether, pay the $30 and use that with my cyanogen6 rom?

thanks

p.s

I am only getting maybe 150k dl speeds, but about 400 up. I usually get around 1.5 on my phone when I test the 3g speed

update:::

now I am only seeing speeds of about 500k in boh directions on my 3G signal, about three bars

There are about a hundred different things that can be affecting your network transfer speeds over a cellular connection. How much time are you talking for sample size here? I wouldn't really get too worried about it unless it's a few days with the same problem.

Upvote 0
Seriously.... thanks.... what we in the 3rd grade. I'll admit I should have read, but don't get all bent outta shape...

Anyone know if facebook integration for contacts is working because I can't seem to get it to sync my contact pics

Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7260239&postcount=872

This is the fix for Facebook sync issues. Instead of using the adb push/pull method you could aslo use Root Explorer to make your edits. Also, if that doesn't make sense to you run a search through the CM6 thread on XDA, there are other explanations listed through the thread and they might be a little easier to perform. Keep in mind that after you do these steps and you've redownloaded Facebook for Android, open the app and login before you go to menu>settings>accounts & sync... once you log in facebook should show up in your sync menu.

Upvote 0
Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7260239&postcount=872

This is the fix for Facebook sync issues. Instead of using the adb push/pull method you could aslo use Root Explorer to make your edits. Also, if that doesn't make sense to you run a search through the CM6 thread on XDA, there are other explanations listed through the thread and they might be a little easier to perform. Keep in mind that after you do these steps and you've redownloaded Facebook for Android, open the app and login before you go to menu>settings>accounts & sync... once you log in facebook should show up in your sync menu.

Thanks, I'm looking into it now... I found another issue that seems to almost be a deal breaker for me... no cut and paste?!?! Is this resolvable? I'm talk'n about the updated C&P that has te nice handles and all??!?!

Upvote 0
Has anyone had issues with the top status bar disappearing from their home screen with this ROM? I'm guessing it's a quick keystroke or something else I'm missing, but I can't seem to get it back.

i guess its a new feature they put all you have to do to get it back , is scroll up from the middle of the home screen, just like you scroll down to pull down the status bar but just put ur finger in the middle of the screen and scroll up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones