1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM] Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightlies Nexus 7 Grouper and Tilapia

1. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i guess for me its the subtle differences that matter like being able to rearrange the tiles in the quick settings menu or change my battery icon in the status bar to a percentage reading, or being able to clear all the background apps with one button press etc....
  2. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Well-Known Member

Yeah I made use of that already :p
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

todays nightlie (1-1) brings support for usb otg! flashing as i type and im gonna try it out!

EDIT: it does in fact work! yey! no more stickmount! lol
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  4. robert0wnz

sadface.. do I need to erase everything? :c
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

no no no! lol all you have to do is go into settings > scroll down and click on about tablet > click on cyanogenmod updates > and click on refresh if no new updates show up. under available updates choose cm-10.0-20130101-NIGHTLY (the icon at the right) itll download then itll bring up a dialog that will ask you to update. then if you select update it will boot you into cwm and flash the update. then reboot and all is good :)

click for screenshot
    [​IMG]
  6. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Just curious does this version of cm come with a custom kernel?
  7. robert0wnz

Thank you, updating :D
  8. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Not really sure? I can't over clock...

EDIT: it has to have a custom kernel... it supports usb otg ;) still cant overclock tho (you can underclock :))

Attached Files:

9. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I finaly got CM up and running, something new to play with for a while! :)
  10. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

It is a custom kernel for sure. I believe the otg support finally just came with the 1/1 build. I have been running motley's kernel up until this update and have found it pretty smooth. Anyone else have experience, good or bad, with any other kernels?
    h4x0rj3ff likes this.
  11. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

With yesterdays update we can finally customize the navigation bar (that means a persistent menu button!)!!!
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Jeff, how are the nightlies running so far? Looking to flash something new today. :)
  13. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I'm no Jeff, but my experience has been flawless. I'm still on the first of the year build though. About to flash today's and try out the nav bar mod.
    Motley kernel has been like butter, but the "stock" cm kernel is competing...
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  14. Crimnsonfury

Crimnsonfury Member

Hello all. I am having a problem with gapps after install. Even after a factory reset when I flash the rom and gapps it gives me the same error on boot. I can flash the gapps entitled factory rom from goo manager, but not the signed gapps. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it greatly.
  15. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

There everything you can ask for in a rom. I haven't had a problem yet. Loving every minute of it!
    El Presidente likes this.
  16. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

what kind of error are you getting? make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik 2 or 3 times :) make sure your md5 checksums check out too :)
  17. Crimnsonfury

Crimnsonfury Member

Thanks for the response. I found out it was the Gmail app causing the ruckus. I removed with titanium and re flashed the gapps and all is well now.
  18. rjscott

rjscott Member

I've been reading adroid forums for a little over a year now but I've never had a reason to post. I was hoping you could help me. I have the 3G Nexus 7 as well but can't seem to find the CM rom for it. Thanks in advance.
  19. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

CyanogenMod Downloads

i added the GSM version to the OP :)
    rjscott and El Presidente like this.
  20. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

http://get.cm/?device=tilapia

There you go. :)

Edit - J3ff sniped me by seconds. :p
    h4x0rj3ff and Rxpert83 like this.
  21. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Tomorrow I hope to clean up the op and make it a little more usable. Maybe change the title a bit to sound a little better :)
    El Presidente likes this.
  22. El Presidente

I'd a notification that a monthly rolled off the build server this morning. Downloading just now! :)
  23. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

In today's nightly Apollo seems to be broken :( this is the first ever problem I've ran into. maybe have to try to clear cache see if that helps.

How is the monthly build EP?
  24. El Presidente

Seems ok, I've not really had much of an opportunity to mess with it yet though.

Only beef so far is that CPU Settings aren't sticking from the performance menu, but I'm not sure if that's a result of CM10 or the new kernel I flashed. I'll have to have a mess about with things later tonight once my son is in bed.
  25. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

OP updated :)
    jmar and TheAtheistReverend like this.