• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightlies Nexus 7 Grouper and Tilapia

was it for today? i looked this morning and there was nothing...

Yes lol man what are the customization settings you can do on cm?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359324786811.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359324786811.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
Yes lol man what are the customization settings you can do on cm?

Not as much as PA but just play around with it. I see you already have your navigation bar customized. You can customize your quick settings too.

I had to flash my cm backup I couldn't stand it anymore. Back on night lies with today's build! You can customize the lock screen too!

Upvote 0
So before I download this can someone give me details on what and what doesn't work on here and if it's stable I read around here and still don't know what kernel is best for battery and games

I haven't ran into anything that DOESNT work. If your looking for something more stable (again its in my opinion as stable as it can be / as stable as stock) try out the M release.

I use my tablet mild to moderate and it lasts about 2 days.

Upvote 0
I'll echo what j3ff says, I've not found anything odd and they're as stable as the stock ROM was.

Kernel wise, stock has worked out best for me. I get roughly 5 to 5 1/2 hours of screen on time out of a single charge and I only lose about 3-4% if I leave the tab on overnight.

The metalice kernel might be good for games as the GPU is overclocked slightly. I've not had an issue with the standard CM one though.

Upvote 0
Just update as you would a nightly. Download via CMUpdater, then let it do its thing.

If you wanted to take a backup of the monthly though, there's no harm in getting the latest nightly from the get.cm site and doing it manually.

Either way, the installer has scripts which wipe the cache so it's just a case of installing over the top of what you've already got with no wiping.

Reactions: peterCR56
Upvote 0
so superuser was added to the settings menu and taken out of the app drawer yesterday. still not sure if superuser elite is obsolete now :thinking: i cant find anything that points to it besides the market saing its installed. hmmmm... it kinda fits in the settings tho :)

The superuser that is installed with cyanogenmod is made by koush. Cyanogen recently integrated his app into the ROM. Superuser Elite by chainsdd is not obsolete but is not necessary when running cyanogenmod. :)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
ive flashed the cm 10.1 and without the home,back button,task opener,i cant get passed the settings page,ive messed with the pie controls and expand desktop,but i cant get the buttons to show,cant even hit home button to go to my apps,yes im new to the nexus,but if anyone could pm me o comment on wat to do plz,i know its something simple but i cant figue it out,plz anyone lol thanks guys/gals lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones