• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMOD 6.1

I am using LaunderPro, and it is lagging a lot. I do use a lot of widgets, but the LP memory used never really exceeds 20MB. Is this occuring for everyone? Or anyone else? It has worked smoothly on many other ROMS before this, so it is almost definately the ROM that is the problem. Is there a setting I am missing? JIT is enabled and VM size max is 32M. I made launcher pro scroll on the slowest possible gesture to hopefully make it a bit more sensitive, but that did nothing.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
I am using LaunderPro, and it is lagging a lot. I do use a lot of widgets, but the LP memory used never really exceeds 20MB. Is this occuring for everyone? Or anyone else? It has worked smoothly on many other ROMS before this, so it is almost definately the ROM that is the problem. Is there a setting I am missing? JIT is enabled and VM size max is 32M. I made launcher pro scroll on the slowest possible gesture to hopefully make it a bit more sensitive, but that did nothing.

-Nkk

Using LauncherPro (Plus), no lag at all. Not sure what to do with your situation, though...

Upvote 0
I've been on CM-RC2 for about 24 hours now. It's excellent so far. Good battery life (not as good as HTC's .17 sense kernel) very fast and everything works. SMS, MMS, hotspot, wifi, 3G. Using darkfroyo theme it's really quite pleasant. Besides ShadowRom, CM was the only ROM for the Inc I hadn't flashed. I'm going to keep it for a few days it's a lot of fun. AOSP fans that haven't tried it are missing out.

Upvote 0
I am unable to receive mms messages. When I click download, it comes back with a message saying "Message not downloaded". The logcqt message I get is:

11-16 16:00:33.691: WARN/Smack/Packet(305): notify conn break (IOEx), close connection
11-16 16:00:33.761: WARN/Settings(258): Setting location_providers_allowed has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Secure, returning read-only value.
11-16 16:00:33.801: DEBUG/Beautiful Widgets(741): CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/Mms:transaction(478): Url: http://69.78.130.23/servlets/mms?message-id=0BBB64F5D17D0000E440000101
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/Mms:transaction(478): HTTP error: Not Found
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): java.io.IOException: HTTP error: Not Found
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at com.android.mms.transaction.HttpUtils.handleHttpConnectionException(HttpUtils.java:261)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at com.android.mms.transaction.HttpUtils.httpConnection(HttpUtils.java:247)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at com.android.mms.transaction.Transaction.getPdu(Transaction.java:186)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at com.android.mms.transaction.RetrieveTransaction.run(RetrieveTransaction.java:134)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): Caused by: java.io.IOException: HTTP error: Not Found
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): at com.android.mms.transaction.HttpUtils.httpConnection(HttpUtils.java:211)
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): ... 3 more
11-16 16:00:33.851: ERROR/RetrieveTransaction(478): Retrieval failed.
11-16 16:00:34.501: DEBUG/dalvikvm(251): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 7153 objects / 457960 bytes in 83ms
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/ConnectivityService(158): stopUsingNetworkFeature for net 0: enableMMS
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/ConnectivityService(158): reassessPidDns for pid 478
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/DataConnectionTracker(251): disableApnType(mms)
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/DataConnectionTracker(251): setEnabled(1, false) with old state = true and enabledCount = 2
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/DataConnectionTracker(251): EVENT_APN_ENABLE_REQUEST 1, 0
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/DataConnectionTracker(251): dataEnabled = true, enabledCount = 2, isApnTypeActive = true
11-16 16:00:34.611: DEBUG/ConnectivityService(158): Doing network teardown

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I love the rom but really want to be able to receive mms messages.

Upvote 0
Just a quick nightly update on features (fixes and such not mentioned):

from cm_inc_full-152.zip (11/20/2010):
- Phone and Messaging tabs added to lockscreen
You can access the Phone app and Messaging app from the lockscreen! Password/PIN entry will intervene if enabled.
- Overscrolling UI graphics
Scrolling past the app border bounces it back. Aesthetic change.

from cm_inc_full-163.zip (11/28/2010):
- Overscrolling tweaks
Customization of "weight" in overscrolling an app.
- Messaging tab tweaks
Customization of Messaging tab to launch custom application/process.
- Lockscreen gestures
Gestures on lockscreen to launch custom application/process.
- Unlock tab disable tweak
Disables all tabs on the lockscreen; use the optical joystick or Menu button to unlock instead.

screenshotak.png
screenshot2a.png
screenshot3y.png
screenshot4vd.png
screenshot5ws.png
screenshot7a.png

Screenshots:
1. Phone/Messaging Tab Options (Messaging tab application set to Google Voice)
2. Overscrolling Options
3. Unlock Tab Toggle(s)
4. (all lockscreen tabs enabled)
5. Unlock tabs disabled; Phone/Messaging tabs enabled
6. (all lockscreen tabs disabled) (I randomly had a playlist loaded, hence the random Play button)

Upvote 0
Hey gang,
I have a stupid question, so stupid that its never out right said. If I use ROM Manager, does it know that I have an Incredible?
I don't want to flash a ROM made for another phone. I dont want to lose the Incredible only features right now, like the 8GB internal memory.

Just checked it, and yes it does detect that. Thanks though!

Upvote 0
Oh man. Just tried out my first nightly since RC2. The new CM settings are amazing. from Lockscreen gestures (without lock tabs) to scrolling weight, my phone is the ultimate minimalist/sexy thang since sliced bread.

I'm assuming you're post-nightly163. I had crashes using the browser (phone restarts). I'm assuming it's a Wifi issue again as cyanogenRC1 had that issue. Please let me know if you're having that problem as well. For now I've gone to nightly 162, with no problems (albeit no gestures...).

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you're post-nightly163. I had crashes using the browser (phone restarts). I'm assuming it's a Wifi issue again as cyanogenRC1 had that issue. Please let me know if you're having that problem as well. For now I've gone to nightly 162, with no problems (albeit no gestures...).

Yeah, I'm on nightly 172 (updating to 173 atm)

The browser works great. Insanely fast actually. I usually use xscope, but I might go back to the regular browser just because of how well it worked when I tested it (for crashing).

Upvote 0
I installed cyanogenRC2 tonight (my first ever ROM). All went well and I really like it (came from a D1 and prefer vanilla) BUT sync seems to be messed up. It just syncs constantly but gmail isn't syncing at all. I uninstalled gmail 2.3 from titanium and reinstalled but now I can't get gmail mail to show up at all - just a msg saying my account is not set up to sync, but it is - I have everything set up under sync settings were it says there is a issue with sync. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm on nightly 172 (updating to 173 atm)

The browser works great. Insanely fast actually. I usually use xscope, but I might go back to the regular browser just because of how well it worked when I tested it (for crashing).

On nightly 175 (post-0.8MBadded-update), browser no longer crashes for me. Perfectly stable in all aspects so far (plus the Gingerbread keyboard... mmm...).

I installed cyanogenRC2 tonight (my first ever ROM). All went well and I really like it (came from a D1 and prefer vanilla) BUT sync seems to be messed up. It just syncs constantly but gmail isn't syncing at all. I uninstalled gmail 2.3 from titanium and reinstalled but now I can't get gmail mail to show up at all - just a msg saying my account is not set up to sync, but it is - I have everything set up under sync settings were it says there is a issue with sync. Any ideas?

Just to be thorough, did you install Google Apps?

Upvote 0
How do you get the black status bar?

Under "User Interface" of "CyanogenMod settings", select "Tweaks extras", where you can apply themes. I've had it set to the black status bar for awhile with cyanogenmod, so I don't remember how much the default "STOCK_Black" theme has in common with my totally black status bar and notification pulldown. In any case, just select "STOCK_Black" from the themes, go back to "User Interface", go into "Notification colors", and tweak whatever else you want to customize in terms of status bar and pulldown notifications.

Upvote 0
has 6.1 stable been released. if not, is there eta. also, what is the google add-on available from CM?

There is no ETA for HTC Incredible-specific 6.1 stable; bug fixes are bug fixes.

You'll need the Google add-ons to use any of the services on the phone, so it's basically mandatory. As I understand it, cyanogenmod is built from the ground up, so a Google account is "technically" not required with the mod, but pretty mandatory in order to make the mod functional.

Reactions: double
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones