• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2&##ZaD!!RoM V 1.5Huawei U8650 Sonic

coldice

Apr 22, 2010
Here I found on a Spain forum two custom roms.
I will explain how to install them and install the custom recovery.
NOT THAT I'M NOT THE AUTOR OF THIS ROMS AND I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSE FOR THE DAMAGE OF YOUR DEVICES

First you need this files:
1) Drivers Huawei (adb drivers) Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
2) Custom CM Recovery Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

1-a)Install the adb drivers for your Huawei (JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS)
2-b)Put your Huawei in fastboot ( Volume down+Power for 10sec)
3-c)Extract Recovery from .rar and run instalador.bat
4-d) Plug your device in fastboot mode to the PC and follow on screen instructions
picture0011kj.jpg

After the Recovery flash you will reboot in Recovery DO A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM

NOW THE ROMS
Both Roms have OC kernels with speeds of 780MHz for ZAD and 729 for CM7, and a lot of programs were deleted for faster response, but both are GOOD and stable. I have tried it both.

CyanogenMod 7.2

screenshot1rv.png

screenshot5x.png

screenshot11fb.png

nuevoh.png

INSTALLATION

Download the Rom
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

1. Download and put the zip in root of SD card
2. Reboot in recovery (volume up+power 10 sec)
3. Wipe/Clear cache/clear dalvik
4. Install custom zip/ select CM7
5. After install reboot your device

ZaD!!RoM V 1.5

device20110902114828.png

device20110902114724.png

INSTALLATION

1. Download and put the zip in root of SD card
2. Reboot in recovery (volume up+power 10 sec)
3. Wipe/Clear cache/clear dalvik
4. Install custom zip/ select ZAD
5. After install reboot your device

WELL THIS IS IT!!
FOR ANY QUESTION PLEASE FELL FREE TO ASK OR LOOK ROMs y desarrollo Huawei U8650 - HTCMania

Reactions: Fybre0ptix
hello there guys :) i have a problem. i rooted the phone i did everything the tutorial said i intalled the cfw and when i did the reboot after the installation it stuck in the cyanogenmod logo. it is like a loop and it happens again and again but the phone do not start. any ideas??

plz hepl me :'(

problem solved. I installed the 4th version of cyanomodgen which is very stable and very fast. the only problem that i have is that i cant have the overclocking feature...I cant select any frequency its the default

Upvote 0
i have seen in the known spanish site that there are newer and more stable versions the one is cyanogenmod-7.2-4everandroid_v4.1 which i have and is very very good and stable and a version of android 4 that is from c8650 and they try to port it properly....If anyone knows spanish and want to help us with these new modded firmwares plz post here

Upvote 0
When in the proper mode the screen will show the oem logo only. When connected to the computer the device will be recognized by the computer and you will be able to enter adb commands from your computer.

You may be prompted to install drivers again depending on OS. Be sure the drivers are sorted as this may prevent you from using adb.

Upvote 0
i have yet to get a download from the links that lead to this ilivid site. what is up with this site. you have to sit there and wait 20 seconds, then it wants me to install some .exe i done that once and started getting all kinds of spam, and immediately removed that thing from my computer.

i am messing with this new HTC Fusion, trying to get root on it, and not really finding any location that has the necessary files (ROMS) that are available to us.

The adb driver url worked, when you click on it, it immediately downloads the zip file to your machine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones