[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

main reason is CM7 is 2.3.5 GB and we are using libs, drivers, and a kernel from 2.2.x. If LG ever puts a GB update out everything with CM7 will prolly get better too ;)
  2. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

Have been using this ROM for about 3 days and I'm really liking it so far. I was only able to test MMS by sending myself a photo and it came thru. The only thing sort of not working exactly right is my status bar tweaking, where even if I add more buttons they won't show or allow for status bar scroll. But if I reboot it'll show added button but no scrolling. No big deal for me, may be something in settings?? Yesterday thought my data3G was not working but worked as soon as I rebooted. Overall this ROM is working very very nice and smooth. I decided to try OC @ 901 and so far no reboots - Quandrant #s showed @ 14+. Also, I haven't had any reboots, (maybe changing my Rocovery image to GNM might have helped w that) - so that feels really really nice. Thank you PlayfulGod, great work (donated)

Edited to add: battery life has also been good
  3. PlayfulGod

Thank you!! I will see if mine acts the same way with the status n if so try to find a fix for it. And umm no a diff recovery wont have any affect on the main OS ;)
    DaniellieeE likes this.
  4. DaniellieeE

^LoL^ - Yes, please let us know if it's something in settings or so because (at least for me), I discover new things every time I go into settings etc. So it may be something we might of missed - thanks again :)
  5. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

So to flash the newest, should we flash the rom, then flash the kernel update (plague with camera fix) then flash the gapps, then reboot and set up the gapps and other stuff? Or should I reboot between each flash? I plan on giving it a try and I know I have to wipe everything to do it.
  6. PlayfulGod

yup that will work. Soon as kernel.org is back up n running I will run another build with the kernel included. ;)
  7. alfick3

Oh, two more quickies; DT a2sd is included, right? Also, do we need to flash the mms no roaming fix?
  8. PlayfulGod

yup, 'shouldnt' ;)
  9. starstress

starstress Well-Known Member

hey guys and gals, dont forget after flashing a rom its always good to calibrate your battery. theres an app for it
  10. PlayfulGod

Can be done with CWM too ;)
  11. alfick3

Alright. I flashed it and got it all up and running, for the most part. I still have some tweeking to do as far as how I want it to act and look. Smooth, very smooth. I like it. The screen lag is very minimal, almost to no effect.

One minor thing, and it was mentioned the other day, is that it says cricket in a lot of places. It has the MW690 instead of the MS690 (or what ever the moniker is supposed to be). I'm not going to bother going in and fix the stuff like was done by the poster who mentioned it the other day. It doesn't seem to affect me and using the market; I was able to go in and down load all that I needed to. I assume that you plan to fix the Cricket nomenclature stuff when you are able to get back in and run another build?

Anyway, thanks for a great ROM and I appreciate all your time and effort.
  12. PlayfulGod

Yes, the repo/src is set up to build for 4 diff optimus's. In my own hast in not being able to compile (need to resync with CM and cant atm) I packaged up my LW690 (Cricket) build and forgot about those settings and stuff. As you fond out yourself they dont affect much as they are the same phone hardware wise. But my next build will be MS690 specific. I just wanted to get a smooth build out to you all ;)
    alfick3 likes this.
  13. alfick3

And we appreciate it greatly.
  14. droidhaxz

droidhaxz Well-Known Member

When I try to flash it.
    It says error I would like to try this though :/
  15. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Well-Known Member

Sprint Optimus S has a 2.3 GB update.. hopefully coming to Metro/Crickett soon,, but may have the updated libs to get everything going
  16. zman7

zman7 Member

I live in the Daytona Beach area and MetroPCS has recently turned on 3G service here, but it seems like when it switches from 1x to 3G the phone can't use data. I was wondering if it was something with Metro's service, which I wouldn't doubt, or something in the ROM since 1x was the only option up until now.
  17. andamanu

andamanu Well-Known Member

CMW is great man, I just saw that you can indeed calibrate through there, in Advanced, Wipe Battery Stats
  18. andamanu

andamanu Well-Known Member

Hey PG, so I installed the MMS fix you provided and it fixed MMS, but now it shows Roaming Indicator Off. By any chance is there any way to change it so that it doesn't display the Roaming Off banner?
  19. starstress

Loved the sense rom but it is now number 2 behind this for THE BEST ROM EVER. I even noticed a tethering option right there in the settings (dont know if its there on other roms just noticed it)
  20. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Well-Known Member

i live in the daytona area as ell, when the data switches from 1x to 3g it takes a sec for whatever your doing to refresh, havent had any problems with it outside of login failed, refresh and everythings fine
  21. zman7

zman7 Member

It must be where I am, I'm right on the edge of 3G coverage, I just don't think I'm getting enough signal. Thanks though, glad to know it's working with CM7.
  22. alfick3

It can also be done in GNM's recovery. I saw it there the other day.
  23. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member

so, I flashed the mms fix, not sure if I did it right same procedure as flashing a rom right? anyways I can send pictures but not receive them... any explanation? or fix? or was I even supposed to flash? and if so, did i do it right?
  24. starstress

I dont believe you need to wipe anything, just flash
  25. DaniellieeE

This ROM still going great for me:D - also liking the c~oo~l 3Dicon wallpaper - love the way it changed the phone dialing pad and colors overall. Couple questions:

1) In case wanted to change where it says Network (within phone, status): is there way we could go in and manually change or input to say Metro? and

2) My current mod version is: CyanogenMod-7.2-LG...09082011, is it necessary to update to 09092011?

Thanks again :) Playfulgod.