[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

dont need to restore cache ;)

Advertisement
  2. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member

k awesome, hey this thing is working really fast and its GREAT.... thanks once again.... ima send you a beer this friday! and your worth way more, thats all i can afford! got kids and stuff, if the wife found out she would flip lol =p
  3. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions and to all who replied to my questions above. Been busy and just got on. Will try and flash updated version later on this evening. :)
  4. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

Just wanted to mention, for some reason the most recent Metroff v1.3 gives me problems w receiving MMS. Just reflashed the old one I had, and immediately received my MMS pic. Could be just a fluke w my phone, not sure. Has anyone else had problem receiving MMS last few days? Tonite going to flash updated version of ROM (09192011), may be because I have to update Rom.
  5. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Well-Known Member

I believe it was a bad flash...I've noticed that when transferring files from windows to android they sometimes become just corrupted enough to flash but not work properly. I've had the same problem downloading zips through the stock browser when overclocked at a slightly unstable speed. I redownloaded and transferred the same zips while logged on to Ubuntu and had zero problems. Very strange, I know but it seems yo be the case.
  6. lostsoul1313

lostsoul1313 Active Member

what does it mean to be synced with the CM repo?
  7. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Ok, I figured out why I couldn't access it. I'm using my work laptop for everything I do, and it has the Symantec Client Firewall on it. That was blocking the wireless adb. I disabled the firewall and was able to connect; however, since I have already used the usb cable to connect adb when I typed in adb shell, it gave me an error: error, more than one device and emulator. I guess that it doesn't allow for more than one connection. How do I get rid of the usb connection information so that I can use the adb wireless? Does anyone have any thoughts?
  8. alfick3

I'm using the latest (19th) version. I had to put the CPU back to 600 because of the video glitches. The screen would slide to the right a bit,and the part that went off the right edge would wrap around to the left edge. Makes it very hard to do anything. If I locked it and then unlocked, the screen would be fixed. However, it'd only last a few min and then happen again. I tried several CPU settings and even changed the governor to on demand vice smarta$$. Didn't quit 'till I put it @ 600.

I also seem to be having a problem with a2sd. A2sd GUI says dalvik is on SD, but the command line says it's on internal. I try to run the repair command and get an error.

EDIT: even @ 600, I still get a respectable quadrant score.

[​IMG]
  9. PlayfulGod

should work as long as you just have one phone hooked up at a time. ADB doesnt handle more than at a time I do believe.
  10. PlayfulGod

thats a nice score @600. Mine runs all day long @768 with no gitches like you described. Only thing I can think of it is something with your phone and not necessarily with the rom. How did it act on the others?
  11. alfick3

When I used your older versions, I didn't have any problems. It could very well be something with my phone. I was also thinking maybe something to do with video drivers. Not sure though. I plan to flash again and try it out again.
  12. PlayfulGod

only thing I did on the video drivers was enable a framebuffer, so that shouldnt had any ill affects.
  13. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

I have the same problem on mine with new update. Try to go over 600 CPU phone goes all weird on me. So have to reboot.
  14. PlayfulGod

its really hard for me to say since its all working great on mine. I even tried to get it to act up n it wont. I just cant go past 768Mhz
  15. AndroidHogs

Can u repost the old rom the one before the 9192011 update. See if that does it. :)
  16. alfick3

This is what I get when I try the a2sd repair using adb:

[​IMG]
  17. PlayfulGod

unless you have a class 6 or better sdcard you dont want to move dalvik to the sdcard no way ;)
  18. alfick3

Ok, here's what I did. I booted into recovery and performed a back up. I re-flashed the ROM and gapps and then I then followed tripdoc79's method of preserving and restoring my data. Seems to be working well now. I've got the CPU up to 768 and haven't seen any evidence yet of the screen wiggin' out.
  19. PlayfulGod

Restoring the data.img? I've had a guide on that in the ascend n DX sections forever, and on my wiki since starting it. Thats how I do it too. ;)
  20. alfick3

Good to hear that. I, for one, haven't really paid attention to other phone's forums, so didn't know about that guide. I'm just glad the wiggin' out has seemed to stop.
  21. PlayfulGod

Thats why I have on the wiki too lol.

Yea generally if I have issues that no one seems to be having I go back n wipe/format everything n reflash. Also with the data.img thing, its best to only do it on the same platform, like one cm built to another. Using it whe n going from stock to CM7 etc could cause issues.
    alfick3 likes this.
  22. alfick3

I spoke too soon. It started happening again.
  23. AndroidHogs

See it still happening to me to idk what it could be. :/
  24. kingD313

kingD313 Active Member

25. PlayfulGod

kingD313 likes this.