• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

Just wanted to add I have the same issue with the screen wrapping around weird when I downclock, if I set my minimum to anything under 600, overclocking seems to be fine however, except it crashes at a much lower number than when I was using the sense rom with Rock. I.E. I can get 701 stable here, but I could get 748/768 stable on the other rom.

Upvote 0
This is what I get when I try the a2sd repair using adb:

adbresults.jpg

reflash the dta2sd beta4 script.. it fixed my issue

Upvote 0
I'm still a noob at this and I've been wondering how long does it take to install this rom? Whenever I install the current build with the latest Gapps, Metro MMS fix & plague kernel all I end up getting is a blue android on a skateboard with a loading arrow orbiting around him. I've waited for one hour and it was still loading am I doing something wrong? When ever I just install the current build as a standalone it loads up in about two minutes but as soon as reboot into recovery and install the other things I just get stuck in the loading loop? Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just being too impatient?

Upvote 0
I'm still a noob at this and I've been wondering how long does it take to install this rom? Whenever I install the current build with the latest Gapps, Metro MMS fix & plague kernel all I end up getting is a blue android on a skateboard with a loading arrow orbiting around him. I've waited for one hour and it was still loading am I doing something wrong? When ever I just install the current build as a standalone it loads up in about two minutes but as soon as reboot into recovery and install the other things I just get stuck in the loading loop? Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just being too impatient?

:eek:noob to :eek:noob no more then 5 min

first:while in recovery make sure you ;)PARTITIONED:) your SDcard...then, wipe all data
Second:select rom//FLASH it.. third:select gapps//FLASH it.. Reboot;;

Devik files take time to build let it boot..

to flash mms an Kernel power down into recovery i beleve u wipe devik cash files BEFORE you flash your ZIP files. then reboot

but i believe MMS an Kernel were in latest PG build CM-7.2-LG-MS690-09192011-signed... good luck

also if you ever wipe devik files an get stuck at boot up pulling battery seems to work for me

Reactions: Homebound
Upvote 0

Do what Dubtee said. Also remember do rom and gapps then go plauque (even though i think its in the signed rom) and then MMS. (i had to do MMS after rom to fix being able to send and receive mms)

Good luck. PM me if u need more help. It's easy.

Reactions: Homebound
Upvote 0
first:while in recovery make sure you ;)PARTITIONED:) your SDcard...then, wipe all data Second:select rom//FLASH it.. third:select gapps//FLASH it.. Reboot;; Devik files take time to build let it boot.. to flash mms an Kernel power down into recovery i beleve u wipe devik cash files BEFORE you flash your ZIP files. then reboot but i believe MMS an Kernel were in latest PG build CM-7.2-LG-MS690-09192011-signed... good luck also if you ever wipe devik files an get stuck at boot up pulling battery seems to work for me

After you have given the first boot a good 10 minutes and it hasn't booted, go ahead and pop the battery and give it another shot. I've had many fresh installs that didn't want to boot the first time around.

Do what Dubtee said. Also remember do rom and gapps then go plauque (even though i think its in the signed rom) and then MMS. (i had to do MMS after rom to fix being able to send and receive mms) Good luck. PM me if u need more help. It's easy.

^^Thanks all for the above^^ - good reference tips. :)

Upvote 0

first:while in recovery make sure you ;)PARTITIONED:) your SDcard...then, wipe all data

to flash mms an Kernel power down into recovery i beleve u wipe devik cash files BEFORE you flash your ZIP files. then reboot

but i believe MMS an Kernel were in latest PG build CM-7.2-LG-MS690-09192011-signed... good luck

also if you ever wipe devik files an get stuck at boot up pulling battery seems to work for me

After you have given the first boot a good 10 minutes and it hasn't booted, go ahead and pop the battery and give it another shot. I've had many fresh installs that didn't want to boot the first time around.

Do what Dubtee said. Also remember do rom and gapps then go plauque (even though i think its in the signed rom) and then MMS. (i had to do MMS after rom to fix being able to send and receive mms)

Good luck. PM me if u need more help. It's easy.

^^Thanks all for the above^^ - good reference tips. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll give it a try when I get home and report back with my results.

Upvote 0

When I first installed this ROM I was running into same problem as above. I was flashing all at the same time and I'd get stuck, pull out battery. Think after couple reboots it'd be up and running. So those tips above come in handy.

Upvote 0

I think you're right about the MMS and Kernel already being PG latest build of CM. I flashed the rom and gapps rebooted and everything worked perfectly. I then go into to recovery and flash the MMS and kernel and I'm once again stuck in the loading boot. I wonder can anybody confirm if the MMS fix and plague kernel are already installed on the latest build?

Upvote 0
I think you're right about the MMS and Kernel already being PG latest build of CM. I flashed the rom and gapps rebooted and everything worked perfectly. I then go into to recovery and flash the MMS and kernel and I'm once again stuck in the loading boot. I wonder can anybody confirm if the MMS fix and plague kernel are already installed on the latest build?

The kernel and fix are included in PG's latest build

Upvote 0
Well I finally got this rom working. Thanks for all the help guys. So what do I do with the rom now? Any recommendations on apps or cool little knickknacks to download? I notice this rom has the same issue as Reppard's build where when I turn my phone off and put it to charge it'll boot up and start charging. Though its not a major issue and it'll probably get patched eventually. Either way thanks for the awesome rom Playfulgod!

Upvote 0
I am experiencing the same issue as ericksevil710, although I am going from a stock 2.2.1 rooted rom and this is my first recovery flash attempt on an android phone, so I could have missed a step... I am trying the battery out and reboot process as you mentioned kingD313. I can go back to my backed up rom, but I would like to get this working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones