• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

Wifi Is non functional for me. Flashed the new recovery, wiped everything, flashed this rom, no wifi. It says error in the menu when I try to select it. How did I manage to **** that up?

prolly the kernel I used, I will use the stock one in the next build til a better one is compiled. I wont mention whose kernel I used ;) lol

Upvote 0
In my excitement I forgot to mention one of CWM best features: TOGGLE SCRIPT ASSERTS!!!

just select that option to disable the recoverys hunt for an edify script and now you can flash both the ROCK kernel and MMS patch!!! :D:D

I'm an Idiot sometimes....sorry people.
ahhhhhhhh lol yea that comes in handy ;)

Upvote 0
So can I flash a different rom from CWM or do I need to flash back to my old recovery? No Wifi is a dealbreaker for me, I have next to nothing for a cell signal where I'm at, can't even sign into my google acct without wifi.

Edit: never mind, with tweeks tip I was able to flash reppards kernel and get wifi working.

Wifi will be fixed as it works in my OC builds. The camera was working in the test builds but stopped for some reason. It will be fixed too ;)

Far as flashing other ROMs, as long as they use updater-script and EDIFY yea no problem. CWM no longer does AMEND tho.

Upvote 0
Well I flashed the new a2sd, it rebooted fine. Then I ran d2sd and it seemed to work fine but when it rebooted my screen was a jumbled static mess, only time I've ever seen a screen look like that it was hooked up to a blown video card, lol. I rebooted and everything seems fine. I think that may have been the epic fail tweek was talking about earlier.

Upvote 0
Well I flashed the new a2sd, it rebooted fine. Then I ran d2sd and it seemed to work fine but when it rebooted my screen was a jumbled static mess, only time I've ever seen a screen look like that it was hooked up to a blown video card, lol. I rebooted and everything seems fine. I think that may have been the epic fail tweek was talking about earlier.

Here use this one it's the newest non-beta it worked for me
http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-1-signed.zip

Reactions: DaniellieeE
Upvote 0
How do you use ROM manager to update the ROM in the future
Once the CWM gets officially built and merge by koush, my stuff for the OM will be avail thru RM as well as on my wiki. At that time you will be able to dl and install the ROM and/or gapps thru RM.

With RM you can just press on the CM7-OM.zip you dl n cp to you sdcard and RM will ask if you want to install this etc etc, along with give you the options to wipe date/factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache. RM will then reboot into recovery and do the selected wipes and flash the ROM and reboot.

Now if all that will work each and every time on my CWM build I dunno, but worst I seen it do it just reboot and not do nadda. The official build should work as intended tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones