• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 Huawei M835

hey guys . i just applied that rom cm7.2 . and im having more then the usuall bugs . i was assuming that the wifi was the only thing getting fixed . but my camera , play store also seem to have problems . im not really good at all this flashing rom's stuff . im a noob i recently rooted my huawei m835 . can someone guide me through the steps to get everything back up and running . also a noob question . how do i go back to my stock rom ? i havent read one post about how to go back . everytime i try to flash another rom , it acts as if its going to give me the option to backup and flash but never even shows up . just restarts and goes back to my huawei screen and back to my cm7.2 rom .

Upvote 0
hey guys . i just applied that rom cm7.2 . and im having more then the usuall bugs . i was assuming that the wifi was the only thing getting fixed . but my camera , play store also seem to have problems . im not really good at all this flashing rom's stuff . im a noob i recently rooted my huawei m835 . can someone guide me through the steps to get everything back up and running . also a noob question . how do i go back to my stock rom ? i havent read one post about how to go back . everytime i try to flash another rom , it acts as if its going to give me the option to backup and flash but never even shows up . just restarts and goes back to my huawei screen and back to my cm7.2 rom .

Camera doesn't work as of yet, Working on it, i have gotten it to where the Picture shows up after the photo is taken, not before though.

Also you need to install gapps, which is on a website, will link you in a bit.

Also you have the wrong ClockWork Mod.

Also thanks for telling me about switching out the boot.img, it actually works.

Also thank you guises for actually sticking with this thread and not leaving me hanging.

I really appreciate it. <3

Upvote 0
Hey guys, you should try flashing the CM6 Ascend port to your M835. I tried every CM7 ROM in this forum, don't know if it's my phone or what but they all have at least a few things that don't work on my 835. No Wi-fi, no camera, keyboard is the same size as the entire screen, etc. The CM6 works great on my phone. Runs with barely a hiccup, except for rotation/accelerometer? Landscape mode will work on apps, but it just won't automatically go to LS by turning the phone sideways, like in text messages. Something like that... LOL

Also, try flashing the mate35 ROM! It's a stock mod, but works much better than what came on it, all you have to do is remove the bloatware!

Upvote 0
Hey guys, you should try flashing the CM6 Ascend port to your M835. I tried every CM7 ROM in this forum, don't know if it's my phone or what but they all have at least a few things that don't work on my 835. No Wi-fi, no camera, keyboard is the same size as the entire screen, etc. The CM6 works great on my phone.

I just got one of the cm7 ROM's to to work with Wifi.

I should upload it after this.

I will NEVER go back to Froyo.

NEVER GO BACK.

Upvote 0
Wifi is working and camera is working,

I need to get video decoders to work and that's pretty much it.

also yesterday was my birthday.

Well happy birthday my friend. Hopefully you can get the video decoders to work soon, cause im really thinking about jumping to cm7, but i need confirmation that it works :). will checking back until your finished, hopefully its soon

Upvote 0
Wifi is working and camera is working,

I need to get video decoders to work and that's pretty much it.

also yesterday was my birthday.

Did you have the same issues with the keyboard that I had running CM7? I mentioned it earlier, darn portrait keyboard was full screen :thinking: It was happening on PG's latest CM7. Others I've tried have a normal keyboard, but no camera, wifi.... Where is this CM7 fix you are talking about? Oh, happy belated ;)

Upvote 0
UPDATE: It's been awhile. Sorry for dipping off like that guises. Stuff has been going down left and right.

But enough about this let's talk cm7 ROM.

First: Got a new Samsung Admire so bricking my m835 no longer matters.

Second: I have great news. Everyone can download the link that the dude posted for the O/C CPU to 710.

Warning 710 Mhz Is highly unstable and you should keep it below that to a point.

I will list step by step instructions on how to install that.

But my first note is, YOU HAVE TO HAVE ASCEND RECOVERY OR A CUSTOM RECOVERY.

IF YOU HAVE A RECOVERY BACKUP MANAGER, BACKUP THE U8160 RECOVERY SO YOU CAN FLASH BACK OVER IF YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO FROYO

I have a custom recovery that i will also upload and link tomorrow when i have computer access.

What works in the 710 Mhz ROM
Wifi
Bluetooth
Imma just list the stuff that doesn't work.

What doesn't work in the 710 Mhz ROM
Video encoding
(Camera) It take the photo, you just can see the preview for it.
Auto Rotation
710 Mhz isn't stable and crashes the phone from time to time.

First: Backup your recovery (This needs to be done within recovery or though a app, I will upload app tomorrow)

Second: Flash PG's cm7 ROM, yes i said it, make sure that when you install that you go to ROM Manager before you do anything else.

Third: Flash over the Huawei Ascend Recovery. This will allow the system to acknlodge that it is indeed a Ascend.

Forth: download the link andput it on your sd card. if you are in Recovery just do "mounts and Storage ----> USB SD Card Mount"

Fifth: Install the .zip file. This should happen automatically and the only error you should get is the whole sd-ext error but no one really gives a flying flip about those so who cares :D

Sixth: Install gapps, if you need a link just look at PG's Wiki :D

Seventh: after youget done installing, install the app "MX Video Player" It will be the makeshift Video decoder. go to menu and set it to always run "SW Fast", when you do this, overclock your phone. It'll be smooth.

Eighth: You're set, what else do you want from me, get out of my house.

I RECOMMEND THAT YOU WAIT until i upload the Recovery Manager.

I WILL continue to update this and i will upload my ROM when i figure out how to compile stuff.

Thank you guises for being so patient with me. :p

EDIT: added a step

Upvote 0
ive been running the CM7 Ascend rom for a while now and everything works fine, the rebooting problem goes away after a couple days so dont worry, if anything goes wrong, just reflash and things will work perfect. The only thing you have to do is change the lcd density in the build.prop and download a gingerbread keyboard from the play store. After that everything should work

Upvote 0
Dangit.... I got my 835 running so amazingly well with the Mate35 ROM that I'm hesitant to flash PG's ROM if everything ain't working yet. Only thing I can't do yet is OC'ing, other than that it almost runs better than my Optimus running BACKside :(

@TBTE how is the Admire? I saw them at walmart for $80, which is nice but I'm kinda iffy with Samdung phones LOL...

The cm7 will be epically amazing so don't worry.

Also the Samsung Admire is a BIG even HUGE step up from a Huawei m835.
Great and cheap android phone, which is rare...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones