1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for the LG Spectrum 4G LGVS920

1. Lightswarm

Lightswarm Well-Known Member

I've got a simple question, and please I don't mean it in a manner of complaining. I'm quite appreciative with the development that has taken place in the course of a couple weeks.

3G Radios don't work correct?

I just don't see it updated in the OP yet I see it in the posts that follow, so I just want clarification. Thanks!

P.S. I'm so stoked right now. I need a cookie or something.
  2. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member

Open system settings > More... > mobile networks > CDMA Subscriptions > RUIM/SIM
    Then reboot (toggle airplane mode not helpful). After this will show correct IMEI.
    admn81 likes this.
  3. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

Correct, just got it worked out....ty ty
  4. atomilluminati

atomilluminati Well-Known Member

i skipped and setup with wifi.... it only took a minute or so .... my playstore and everything is functioning though...
    admn81 likes this.
  5. ortrigger

ortrigger Well-Known Member

Just ran a benchmark for fun. Got about 6500 in antutu. Not the greatest but very promising. Especially with no overclock.
  6. nathanhaywood

nathanhaywood Well-Known Member

Radio works for text and voice... no data yet. WiFi works for data, tho
    Lightswarm likes this.
  7. Lightswarm

Thanks for the quick response!

Now to figure out how to push the latest CWM image, because I obviously did not buy the paid app (Rom Manager).

*Sits and reads every post made about the topic*
  8. slikeytre

slikeytre New Member

Just download the img file and rename it to match the one in the zip and replace it.... then run the script
  9. nathanhaywood

nathanhaywood Well-Known Member

You can download and install the latest CWM for free within the free version of ROM Manager as long as your phone is rooted. You only need the scripts and a computer to root your phone and/or to install the touch-enabled version of CWM for free.

... Or what slikeytre said...
    Lightswarm likes this.
  10. Lightswarm

So per say I use All In One to root and push CWM. I can then download RM from the Play Store and update CWM from there?
  11. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

Dark One likes this.
  12. blaze413

blaze413 Well-Known Member

BUGHAAAAA all over the keyboard and floor, needed like 3 towels and a mop.. You guys really know how to show a fella a great time

running now, didnt know this phone could be so heady..
  13. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

why not just download the CWM touch version play has posted here and flash it using the tested and proven AIO method. Just sayin, why reinvent the wheel. plus the touch version is free here.

And why is everyone so hung up on using rom manager...

Not trying to bash anyone here, just wondering why installing CWM has become such an issue all of sudden.
  14. Lightswarm

Its not an issue with everyone, so far as Im concerned, I'm the only one who's lost. Lol, but the community is so good at helping me xD
  15. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I think it is v6.0.1.0. Where as there is v6.0.1.1 put that allows the changing of back up formats back to tar.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  16. ortrigger

ortrigger Well-Known Member

A couple things I've noticed: one system ui fc. Haven't been able to replicate. The launcher will occasionally get really slow to the point of being unresponsive. A reboot fixes it. I am thinking of running the v6 supercharger script on it to see if it helps with ram usage. Will update if I do.
    tdm likes this.
  17. Staticaxe

Staticaxe Well-Known Member

Looks great! Smooth as silk set up on WiFi. Loving it so far!!
    tdm likes this.
  18. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

Very nice. I can't use this as a daily yet since I use data alot along with mms.

Can wait to see this further along!
    tdm likes this.
  19. Staticaxe

Staticaxe Well-Known Member

Yep, this will DEF be my daily driver as soon as Data/MMS is fixed!! Loving it!
    tdm likes this.
  20. vj950

vj950 Well-Known Member

I am so spoiled by this ROM in just 1/2 day of use, it is very hard for me to go back to GB. Can't wait for the data to work and I will never look back. Great job guys...
  21. blueracer90

blueracer90 Well-Known Member

I just installed CM9 and I am impressed by how smooth and fast it is. I decided to test it after everyone was giving great responses and this really is amazing. I just ran a benchmark tests right now to see a comparison to GB with BO3. Stock without any OC or tweaking I got 6471. Lower than BO3 (7666 max) but much smoother. Can't wait for the devs to work out the bugs so this can be my daily rom.

To devs: Great job so far on the ROM. Keep up the good work. You guys have thorougly impressed me.
    tdm likes this.
  22. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

A point of feedback since I tested cm9 out.

I noticed that the scrolling in cm9 is not as fast and smooth as in the GB roms. I don't know if this is a ics feature but when you scroll, once you left your finger it stops very fast (like it has brakes) rather than continuing to scroll fast with a gradual slow down. And in some cases one way would scroll decently fast, (still not as fast as GB) but when scrolling the opposite way it was not near as fast. By not as fast and smooth as GB i don't mean thats it's laggy; I mean I have to continue to drag my finger on the screen to get through everything; whereas in GB I could scroll through a list of 100 apps in maybe two really fast swipes. It would probably take me 15 swipes with cm9. I hope you follow what I'm saying, and I know I can't be the only one who notices this because it's drastically different.

I'm not sure if this can be changed, I just thought I would throw that out there since no one else has mentioned it.
  23. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

Carmen that sounds like a difference in launchers. You might be able to change the scrolling speed in the settings.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  24. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I noticed just the opposite. I found it was smoother and more responsive than the GB roms. It responds as well as my tablet with cm9 did.
  25. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

dunno, scrolling is smooth on mine lol