• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for the LG Spectrum 4G LGVS920

Just to clarify, it's not completely stable data yet. It will start up the first time with 3g/4g but has issues reconnecting after that. d2a, tdm, and neph are working on a fix for that still.

Mine actually holds 3g through the reboots. But 4g is a no go.

Anyone know how to change haptic feedback. It's set way to High

Upvote 0
I don't know if this matters or not but I found this in the logcat I took after data quit working.

Code:
I/SystemServer(  452): Connectivity Service
D/ConnectivityService(  452): ConnectivityService starting up
E/ConnectivityService(  452): Ignoring protectedNetwork 10
E/ConnectivityService(  452): Ignoring protectedNetwork 11
E/ConnectivityService(  452): Ignoring protectedNetwork 12
E/MobileDataStateTracker(  452): default: Ignoring feature request because could not acquire PhoneService
E/MobileDataStateTracker(  452): default: Could not enable APN type "default"

Upvote 0
Mms does NOT work. It says in the op. Who sends pictures over text messages nowadays. I email all my pictures. Lol

The OP is not updated to reflect the latest build by death2all. Since data is working MMS should be working two now. I remember the two being related as the only thing missing for MMS was the data to download and send pictures.

Upvote 0
Who sends pictures over text messages nowadays.

I'm guessing he might. ;-)

I still use it (MMS), but I definitely don't need it. As soon as someone can get 4G to stick, it'll be my daily. I have it installed now, and can confirm it drops whenever shut off for me (either be it via reboot or airplane/mobile data/lte toggle). Data wipe brings it back in good order....but with a nasty side effect (your data gets wiped). :p

Upvote 0
I am on Verizon Unlimited dataplan. I went to Menu - System Settings - More... - Tethering & Portable hotspot. Turned on Portable Wi-Fi hotspot and configured it to an open network and it worked. Pulled email through my laptop and visited a website. WPA2 did not work. Did not try WPA

I didnt even think to try the built-in tether. This works as I'm using it right now. Thanks blue!

Upvote 0
Stability and Bug Report:

I've been running this for about 7 hours today and wanted to report I've had 3 fast reboots. I havent loaded many apps but I did do a restore in titanium backup of about 25.

I havent really noticed any major bugs, I've done some texting and made about 5 phone calls and havent any issues on that front. Thankfully all my fast reboots have been at unimportant moments.

I have had an issue trying to load my uccw widgets. They loaded up but werent displaying properly. I'm not sure if this is the roms fault or something else. I havent messed with it enough yet.

I know this is a very early build but I wanted to share those few things incase there is something there.

Upvote 0
I am on Verizon Unlimited dataplan. I went to Menu - System Settings - More... - Tethering & Portable hotspot. Turned on Portable Wi-Fi hotspot and configured it to an open network and it worked. Pulled email through my laptop and visited a website. WPA2 did not work. Did not try WPA
I was able to get WPA2 to work with my N7, but it took almost 30 seconds to connect when using it. For what that's worth anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones