• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/15**

yes the xposed app is installed and other modules i have installed work, the only problem i have is with the gravity box.

Also i just noticed that when i look at the Network under about phone it shows that im connected to metropcs but when i look at the mobile APN it displays the regular tmobile one. I dont think its a problem just looked weird

Upvote 0
yes the xposed app is installed and other modules i have installed work, the only problem i have is with the gravity box.

Also i just noticed that when i look at the Network under about phone it shows that im connected to metropcs but when i look at the mobile APN it displays the regular tmobile one. I dont think its a problem just looked weird

So remove gravitybox then reboot your phone then open xposed and install gravitybox. Assuming you're on the latest rom version 9/17/14 then gravity box is in /system/app. Make sure to choose the jb version of gravitybox when you download it.

Yeah there's a note in the first post that says this is a metro pcs rom.

Upvote 0
plese help gt i installed the new rom today and it got bricked i followed the instructions on you website and one im in the lg app it says finished then nothing happens help

That's weird. Anyways, go HERE and follow those instructions. Any questions restoring your phone post them there.

Upvote 0
ROM Updated

CHANGES:
  • Removed Android L keyboard just in case it causes the rom to lag (replaced with LG keyboard).
  • Added "Build number" date to system info - see screenshot below
  • Speed tweak to Frandom

NOTE:
I also included a link to the previous rom version dated 8/19/2014 for those that like that version more than the latest.

SCREENSHOT:
9941294_orig.png

;)

For some strange reason both of your last updates will not install. I tried CWM and TWRP. They fail instantly. I have retried downloading both many times. Very strange. First time I have ever had this issue in the 3+ years of having an android phone.

Upvote 0
Alright guys, I'm gonna have to give up then...

I just downloaded the rom and flashed it again and it installed just fine in TWRP recovery. Everybody else seems to be able to install it as well. I have no idea why you 2 guys can't install it. Sorry.

I just tried the CM11 beta and it failed instantly as well. Could just be something with my phone.
Only the Beta4 and Beta 5 from the 505 Kit Kat port would flash.
Very odd though lol
Your roms have had the most stable usb tethering.
The Beta 5 port would drop usb connection all the time, not just tethering.

I have gone completely back to stock and gonna retry it.

Upvote 0
Alright guys, I'm gonna have to give up then...

I just downloaded the rom and flashed it again and it installed just fine in TWRP recovery. Everybody else seems to be able to install it as well. I have no idea why you 2 guys can't install it. Sorry.

Ok I just installed it one more time so I can take a screenshot of it in TWRP after it finishes installing so you guys don't think I'm pulling a fast one on you.

SCREENSHOT:
xp.jpg

Upvote 0
I want to use an HID bluetooth keyboard, which would utilize L2CAP. Well L2CAP was stripped from many phones by companies such as Samsung, HTC, and LG, so they will be detected, but can never actually be paired with the device because inputs aren't detected. I do not have too well of technical knowledge of it, but I am pretty sure custom roms such as CyanogenMod fix this issue, as this was said in the website listed later in this post.

Now for my question. Does this custom rom enable L2CAP? Or does your freedom kernal enable this (not sure which it would be)?

I base this question off of
https://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-ime/issues/detail?id=12
I found this website because Bluez IME offers a way to pair my bluetooth controllers to my phone. I later bought a mini keyboard, to the dissatisfaction of it not working. So I found my way back to the site, and later searched the issues section, which to my disappointment, the solution was a new custom rom/kernal, and for the longest time no custom rom options were available. It is a little outdated, but appears to still be relevant because I cannot pair my HID keyboard to the T-Mobile LG Optimus F6.

Upvote 0
Thanks for making this ROM Gametheory! I rooted and installed it today - other than 1 nube mistake on my part, it was easy. Only thing I possibly noticed is less battery life - could be my imagination. I'm trying to notifications to appear in front of my, "PIN" locked screen. My old phone allowed me to see text messages, media controls and calendar notifications in front of PIN. Is there anything I can do to unlock this capability? If not, I will most likely crank the volume to the max so I don't miss that incoming text or meeting (artillery ears). Thanks again, JB

Upvote 0
Thanks for making this ROM Gametheory! I rooted and installed it today - other than 1 nube mistake on my part, it was easy. Only thing I possibly noticed is less battery life - could be my imagination. I'm trying to notifications to appear in front of my, "PIN" locked screen. My old phone allowed me to see text messages, media controls and calendar notifications in front of PIN. Is there anything I can do to unlock this capability? If not, I will most likely crank the volume to the max so I don't miss that incoming text or meeting (artillery ears). Thanks again, JB

Cool, no problem. :)

Jellybean on this phone doesn't allow "pin lockscreen" notifications. Maybe there's an app for that in the playstore, but I don't know if there is.

Upvote 0
Cool, no problem. :)

Jellybean on this phone doesn't allow "pin lockscreen" notifications. Maybe there's an app for that in the playstore, but I don't know if there is.

I will try that route :) One other question if you don't mind. What do you all use for privacy control? It seems like AppOps and it's variants are for Android v4.3 forward. Xprivacy is now installed on my phone via XposedInstaller. I'm finding it a little complex. If I can master, I will go for Pro since the policy can be exported onto my other 2 phones. This has been pretty fun having 2 extra phones to play with but the kids' birthdays will be here in 2 weeks :) Good evening all!

Upvote 0
I will try that route :) One other question if you don't mind. What do you all use for privacy control? It seems like AppOps and it's variants are for Android v4.3 forward. Xprivacy is now installed on my phone via XposedInstaller. I'm finding it a little complex. If I can master, I will go for Pro since the policy can be exported onto my other 2 phones. This has been pretty fun having 2 extra phones to play with but the kids' birthdays will be here in 2 weeks :) Good evening all!

I'm not using any privacy control so I can't be of any help on that topic.

I did a quick search on "pin/pattern lockscreen" notifications and found the Notification Mod for xposed. I just installed it on my F6 and it seems to be working well. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but here's the link or you can get it directly within the xposed app...

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+][6 Nov] Notification Mod | Xposed General | XDA Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones