• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/15**

Upvote 0
ROM Updated

Changes:
  • Added AOSP lockscreen and disabled stock lockscreen
  • Added Android L keyboard (Go to keyboard settings/Advanced/Color scheme/Material)
  • Added Cyanogen weather widget (Chronus - use the flex widget)
  • Changed blue accents in Camera & the icon to google camera icon
  • Added google icon in settings menu for accounts & sync like aosp
Follow the same install instructions that are already listed.

NOTE:
AOSP lockscreen is way better than stock so I disabled stock lockscreen completely and it will never work again in this rom. If you do not like AOSP lockscreen, do not update.

Apollo and Netflix lockscreen controls are pretty awesome, netflix especially when using chromecast.

Screenshots:
7556298_orig.png

4970744_orig.png

8409332_orig.png

1765022_orig.png

5433446_orig.png

More new screenshots up on the first post and on my website. :cool:

;)

Upvote 0
Have you ever thought about making the notification bar like this? http://myandroidchief.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1e5cgalaxy-note-2-vs-nexus-4-113.jpg .... I'm really craving that notification/status bar, don't get me wrong, I prefer your notification bar over the stock one any time, but I would like the simple notification bar if possible. I'm just requesting this, I'm not commanding you, but it would be nice to have something like this considering your rom is very efficient and has a freedom kernel that not any other LG F6 roms has this yet (from what I've searched).

I dont think u can but that would look nice

Upvote 0
First off, GT, I have got to thank you for making this ROM, it's excellent in every way. Just one thing, though... How, if at all, would I go about changing the power control widget at the top of the notification shade? I'm really hoping to get one that looks close to stock Android, but I've only been able to find widgets that sit directly underneath the one I'm trying to replace.

Edit: meant to post this with the MetroPCS thread

Upvote 0
First off, GT, I have got to thank you for making this ROM, it's excellent in every way. Just one thing, though... How, if at all, would I go about changing the power control widget at the top of the notification shade? I'm really hoping to get one that looks close to stock Android, but I've only been able to find widgets that sit directly underneath the one I'm trying to replace.

Edit: meant to post this with the MetroPCS thread

Only way is to learn to modify apk's and edit smali code. Google has lots of info for all that.

Upvote 0
I have a previous build installed with CWM. I see up above you recommend TWRP now (recently added to our phone). Are there issues with CWM in flashing the new build? I'm fine switching recoveries, but was just curious. Also, when coming from a previous version, can we just "dirty flash" or do we need to do a full wipe? What about partial wipes (cache/etc)? It took me several weeks to get my phone all set up with apps, Link2SD, etc. That will factor into my decision to upgrade.

Upvote 0
I have a previous build installed with CWM. I see up above you recommend TWRP now (recently added to our phone). Are there issues with CWM in flashing the new build? I'm fine switching recoveries, but was just curious. Also, when coming from a previous version, can we just "dirty flash" or do we need to do a full wipe? What about partial wipes (cache/etc)? It took me several weeks to get my phone all set up with apps, Link2SD, etc. That will factor into my decision to upgrade.

I have only flashed the rom with TWRP so I couldn't tell you on CWM. TWRP is much better than CWM though.

Yes, full wipe is required.

Upvote 0
If my understanding is correct, generally one would want to unlock it to make changes to the kernel. I also know that the Metro and T-Mobile versions are essentially compatible. I have the T-Mobile D500, and haven't yet found a viable method of unlocking the bootloader. Do I need to unlock? Is there a viable way to do it?

We have bypassed the locked bootloader with "loki" (google loki). You can just flash any of the roms and kernels made for this phone without issue as long as you're rooted with recovery installed.

Upvote 0
We have bypassed the locked bootloader with "loki" (google loki). You can just flash any of the roms and kernels made for this phone without issue as long as you're rooted with recovery installed.

Excellent! But I use the CWM Touch 2nd init recovery which is temporary. Is there a permanent option for this phone? I only worry because I recently softbricked my phone, and had to factory upgrade/restore to get it to stock, and then root and reinstall CWM.

Upvote 0
Excellent! But I use the CWM Touch 2nd init recovery which is temporary. Is there a permanent option for this phone? I only worry because I recently softbricked my phone, and had to factory upgrade/restore to get it to stock, and then root and reinstall CWM.

The TWRP recovery link is listed in the first post.

Upvote 0
I recently noticed that whenever I turn off Bluetooth, it will turn it off but the phone still thinks its on and gets stuck saying "turning Bluetooth off" in the settings. This isn't a big deal since a restart fixes the problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if there is a way to fix it. Any help is appreciated.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-16-22-56-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-16-22-56-07.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
I recently noticed that whenever I turn off Bluetooth, it will turn it off but the phone still thinks its on and gets stuck saying "turning Bluetooth off" in the settings. This isn't a big deal since a restart fixes the problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if there is a way to fix it. Any help is appreciated.:)

Have you tried turning off BT then exiting the settings menu and waiting a couple minutes before you check the settings menu again?

Upvote 0
ROM Updated

CHANGES:
  • Removed Android L keyboard just in case it causes the rom to lag (replaced with LG keyboard).
  • Added "Build number" date to system info - see screenshot below
  • Speed tweak to Frandom

NOTE:
I also included a link to the previous rom version dated 8/19/2014 for those that like that version more than the latest.

SCREENSHOT:
9941294_orig.png

;)

Reactions: 19BamBam85
Upvote 0
When just updating the rom do i still have to wipe and last time i didnt and it still deleted everything

The last time I had it wipe everything automatically because of the noobs that don't wipe even if the instructions say to wipe.

On the latest version you don't have to wipe, but if you're coming from a version of the rom prior to the 8/19/2014 version or from another rom then you do need to wipe.

Also note, if you decide "not to wipe" and end up with bugs then you'll have to go back and wipe and reinstall.

Upvote 0
Hey GT thanks for the rom. I have the t-mobile f6 version.

After wiping and then installing the rom all of the apps works except the gravity box which pops up with the error "the framework is not responding then closes."

The phone also takes a long time to charge. i've had it plug in into an outlet for almost 2 hrs and it only gone 13 to 50%. Also when having data on, even when in standby with zero apps using internet, the phone seems to drain way faster than the stock rom. But other than that it does hold charge well only lost 1 or 2% overnight.

Didnt know if you mention this earlier but does t-mobile apps like visual voicemail work on this rom?

Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
You have to open Xposed app and enable it and then you can enable GravityBox. GravityBox is a module for the Xposed framework.

There's no reason for charging issues. All I can suggest is to download the rom again then wipe and reflash.

I don't have a t-mobile f6 so I don't know if t-mobile specific apps work. This rom is based on Metro pcs firmware. Try the apps if you like.

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones