1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)

1. misuiki

misuiki Member

[ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1) Thrive HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM - This is a US based ROM

This release of DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM is basicaly a stock ROM, but I did add fastboot back into the recovery menu and added ClockWorkMod. The Out Of Memory (OOM) mod to the boot image optimizes the way the OS handles memory. This boot image will make the overall system run smoother. It will be most evident on the launcher screens when you scroll from screen to screen and on apps like Web browsers where you scrool the screen. This boot image also prioritizes the apps in memory so it will free more memory for use by the system. I did not decide for you if an application should be removed, so I moved many of the pre-installed apps from system to user installed. This allows you to remove the apps you do not want and keep the apps that you want to keep. I have added only minimal mods and will add more if there is enough interest in the mod. You can use Titanium Backup or any root enabled file manager to remove any of the pre-installed apps that I did not move to the user installed area.

Video Tutorial (Thanks @spotliteguy):

- INSTRUCTIONS -

NOTE: Please do a complete system backup before installing this ROM. If you have a problem when loading, you will then be able to restore your device to the way it was before you attempted to install this ROM. Thank you.

WARNING: This WILL delete all user data and apps. It resets the device to out of the box state.

To install this ROM, do the following:

You will need to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to your device. I recommend that you do NOT let Google restore your apps during the initial setup process. A lot of apps are still made for Gingerbread and phones. Some of these apps do not play well with Honeycomb. Some are just a pain and will slow your device down, increase boot times, force close, etc. Others are quite horrible and will go as far as corrupting the ROM to a point that it will no longer boot (goes into a boot loop). After getting the device setup, you can use the market to install your apps, but do it a couple of apps at a time. Verify your device is running correctly. Then add more. Also, as stated above, do backups. Just in case you get an app that trashes your device to the point that you have to reload.

1. Power down your device. 2. Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card. 3. Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery. 4. Select Install Zip FROM SDCARD. 5. Select Apply /sdcard/update.zip. 6. Select YES - Install /sdcard/update.zip. 7. Watch the ROM install on your device. 8. When complete, select Go Back. 9. Select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. 10. Once the device boots up, go through the initial setup. I recommend that you do NOT let Google restore your apps, so during setup, uncheck this option. 11. Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:

1. On the main screen, select APPS. 2. On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log. 3. From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view. 4. On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top. 5. Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom. 6. If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good. 7. If you have a failure, do the su binary update again. It may take a couple of times until it comes back with no failures.

12. After ensuring you have superuser access, use Titanium Backup to restore your apps or use the Market to reload your apps (one at a time). 13. Enjoy the ROM.

- SCREEN SHOTS -

None. Looks like the stock OS out of the box.

- CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0

Initial release. Added OOM rooted boot image. Added su binary. Added Superuser.apk file. Added busybox binary. Added ClockWorkMod Recovery. Added AdHoc patch. Added OpenVPN patch. Added fix to allow apps to write to Sdcard. Moved the following pre-installed apps from system to user installed:

Adobe Flash Player Backgammon Google Books Google Movie Studio Google Music Player HW Euchre SE HW Games SE launcher HW Hearts SE HW Solitare SE HW Spades SE Kaspersky Tablet Security LogMeIn NSF Shift PrintShare Quickoffice Swype Keyboard Toshiba Book Place Toshiba App Place Toshiba Media Player Toshiba MOG Music Toshiba Registration Toshiba Start Place Toshiba Thrive User's Guide YouTube Player

Moved Live Walpapers from system to user installed.

Earth Galaxy Polar Clock Sky Water

ZipAligned apk files.

-v1.1

Corrected issue where GPS was not initializing.

-v1.2

Corrected issue where Titanium Backup would not restore apps.

-v1.3

Corrected issue were Titanium Backup would not freeze apps or restore apps in auto mode.

-v1.4

Added SDcard write patch.

- DOWNLOAD -

http://static.droidnetwork.net/dale...e_10-HTK55D.31.5.0003-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.4.zip

http://static.droidnetwork.net/dale...-HTK55D.31.5.0003-SDcard_Write_Patch-v1.0.zip

- FUTURE CHANGES

Any popular mod that will enhance the ROM.

- Thanks -
    -Dalepl

(All built by dalepl i take no credit nor clame to have created this)

[ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)
    @clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod image for the Thrive 10.1". All those that have tested for m e. All those that have donated to me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. daytonaslim

daytonaslim New Member

Hi, I'm trying to download dalenet's easy flash tool and the download process won't start, just a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?
  3. daytonaslim

daytonaslim New Member

Sorry, I figured it out by c&p it in another window.
  4. GrandmaApril

GrandmaApril Member

My Toshiba Thrive won't boot. It was working fine one day, and the next, it started hanging up when I boot. I get past the Toshiba screen to what I call the "sunburst" screen and it just hangs there. I've tried clearing the cache, tried to restore to factory settings, pulled the battery, basically tried every fix I could find on the internet over the past 3-4 days, and nothing works. I did not install any new apps. I really do not know why it started doing this.

Obviously, I cannot back up my tablet. I used it mostly for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, and reading ebooks on the Kindle app. While I had some other apps installed, there weren't that many that it is a huge loss. I also did not keep data on my tablet.

I have no idea what ROM was on my tablet.

I love my tablet. I really do not want to have to lay out the $$$ to buy a new one if this one can be fixed. I have never "flashed" anything.

Will the information contained in this post help get my tablet working again?

TIA for any help you can give.
  5. SteveCampsOut

SteveCampsOut Well-Known Member

If you've never flashed a ROM this wasn't really the thread to post about your issue in, but never the less. If you can try powering it on while holding both the power and the Volume Up buttons til it vibrates and it will place you into recovery mode. From there you should try clearing the cache and the dalvik cache first. If that doesn't help, reboot into recovery mode again and do a factory reset. If those three options fail you, you have gone beyond my expertise....
  6. GrandmaApril

GrandmaApril Member

Yeah, I tried all those and none of them work. Thanks for responding, though. I have never been on forums like this. Definite newbie all around.