• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Deck's ReLoaded | LOTK | Ver 500 RLS

Rxpert83;4444856]Did you do a full and complete wipe before flashing this ROM?
Yes I did all the wipe except SDcard, including the flash script

Its really stable and speedy for me so I'm kind of shocked that you are having rebooting and freezing issues.

I konw... that is why I think it was a ICS, But GB my EVO seens not to have any issues with the few i tried.

Upvote 0
Is the SBC charging in the Mason kernels different than other SBC ones? After charging my phone over night I unplugged it and the battery level was at 94% then within 5 minutes it was 88%. When I was using Sense SBC kernels it would stay at 100% when I unplugged it.

I am using the default kernel with this ROM, Mason .15 RC3 SBC

Upvote 0
Is the SBC charging in the Mason kernels different than other SBC ones? After charging my phone over night I unplugged it and the battery level was at 94% then within 5 minutes it was 88%. When I was using Sense SBC kernels it would stay at 100% when I unplugged it.

I am using the default kernel with this ROM, Mason .15 RC3 SBC

It should stay at 100% like any other SBC charging. Recent studies by people with way more knowledge than myself have said Mason SBC charging is way better for your battery than any of the rest of the SBC kernels out there for us.

Try wiping battery stats

Upvote 0
That, combined with letting it settle, should help you out. I've never had any issues with SBC on Mason.

Just an update. It turns out that my actual charger is the culprit of my battery not charging correctly. It is very strange because it works fine with Sense SBC kernels but not Mason. But I switched chargers and it works great now on the Mason kernel. Strange but oh well. I love the Reloaded ROM and the kernel is great. I have my CPU set at 245 min and 652 max and it runs flawlessly. It runs faster at 652 on this ROM than overclocked to 1152 on a Sense ROM.

This ROM has won me over to AOSP forever!!! Thanks Team D.I.R.T.!!!

Reactions: jamieG71
Upvote 0
I noticed that the amount of free RAM, at least reported, is low on my phone. It shows 38mb. I find this strange. With a Sense rom it was always around 120mb free. I don't have much loaded on this rom. There is facebook, gmail, and company email syncing but that's it. I am thinking maybe it is displaying incorrect data? I went into settings, running services to see it. I attached a screenshot. I am curious what others are seeing here and if what I am seeing is bad???

Attachments

• screenshot-1338493534127.jpg
    screenshot-1338493534127.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
i am at 57 free. I may be wrong, but this is only RAM...my guess is with the new COD tweaks, they want as many things "running" as possible to speed up the i/o?!!?!? anyone, amirite?
wrong! This ROM has a very light footprint. Your internal memory is what you want. Free ram low means nothing. This isn't windows, it's linux. Every app has its alotted ram whether it's being used at the time or not. Ram gets shifted and moved as needed by the os. The more internal the better on gb. Don't go below 100 and you are fine.

ropodope

Upvote 0
wrong! This ROM has a very light footprint. Your internal memory is what you want. Free ram low means nothing. This isn't windows, it's linux. Every app has its alotted ram whether it's being used at the time or not. Ram gets shifted and moved as needed by the os. The more internal the better on gb. Don't go below 100 and you are fine.

ropodope

So how do I monitor the internal ram that you are speaking of? I guess the value I was referring to doesn't mean anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones