Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Oh yeah, it's here! Check it out at Alldroid:

[Release] Desire build 11 X1 release

Screenshots in post #4

Advertisement
    UBRocked likes this.
  2. Fabolous

Make a nandroid backup of your working setup!

In summary, you need to have 3G off to use calls. When 3G is on, you cannot make or receive calls.

Will post screenshots when I get it up and running.

My Mini Review

This is a cool proof of concept. The ZeusDroid team had a tough challenge in porting Sense over to the Droid, but there's still a lot of work needed. Without wifi, you're basically stuck without data (unless you can miss all your calls). Also, even though the ROM is overclocked to 950MHz, everything still lags a bit, especially returning to the home screen.

I barely had any apps loaded, and only a few homescreens filled, and the ROM felt like it was running at 400MHz. I think there are some serious optimizations still necessary. This could be due to the fact that this is a port of a port (Desire ROM ported from N1), and hopefully the Incredible dump will help ZD optimize this ROM.

For now, I've had my fun, and am going back to plain old 2.1. Still, Sense is really nice and if it isn't working very well on Droid by July, I may be picking up an Incredible with my upgrade :D

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Haha! I've been waiting for this one but don't have the will to screw with another "almost done" ROM. Fab, please keep us posted as to how you are liking this one...I'm looking forward to the screenshots. I'll jump on this one when some of issues are resolved. Good Luck! :)

4. Fabolous

This ROM is a bit slow, as everytime I enter an app, the launcher (Rosie) seems to get pushed out of memory, so when I return to home, it has to reload. So bear with me as I update these screenshots, one by one (as they'll take a while).

Home Screen & Lock Screen

[​IMG] [​IMG]

About & Sense Pinch-to-Choose Screen Function

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Phone & SMS

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Messages and Music Widgets

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Friend Stream

[​IMG]

Calendar and Agenda Widgets

[​IMG] [​IMG]

HTC Gallery and Music Apps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mail and Weather Widgets

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Scenes & Browser

[​IMG] [​IMG]

FLASH!!!

[​IMG]

FAIL!

[​IMG]

UBRocked likes this.
  5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

it looks really nice but based off your review fab I am going to wait for the incredible port to try this.

Kinda sucks the amount of work greek, geek and birdman put into this only to have it be unuseable as an everyday rom

6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it sucks. It is the early stage of a work in progress. I am sure there will be better things to come with their hard work paying off...

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

What?! The incredible?! I'd keep my Droid over that any day.. That's just me personally.. But I'd wait to see what the Nexus Two is like! That could be something special! ;)

8. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Subscribed!!.

;)

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

It seems they are pretty much giving up on this port and moving on to the incredible port.

10. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

All part of the learning experience. Even if they totally abandon this port this port with will be stuff that they learn and will apply along the way. It is all good :)

11. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Haha I laugh every time I see that :D

12. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

that looks amazing!!! keep us updated!

13. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

I have it on my phone, for some reason wifi is not working and I can't receive calls at all (3g off or on) so i'm installing this rom again and will try once more, hope it works this time

14. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

I got this ROM early this morning... i love it, its not that slow after rebooting the phone a few times and leaving it running over night. And why flash is not working for you I don't know. I can play games from Games - Free Online Games at Addicting Games!. Flash is awesoume

15. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware how amazing Sense was. I felt like I was sort of using a whole new OS. The number of apps, and general improvements on the Android UI is astounding, kudos to HTC on that.

For the rom, mine is blazing fast, I'm having the homescreen issues as well. As far as flash, it works...but Hulu doesn't.

16. Paralda

Paralda Active Member

I really want flash... but I want my phone calls more.

17. nypuertorcn23

nypuertorcn23 Member

Well the awesome ZeusDroid team has finally released a beta of the Sense UI from the HTC Desire.After downloading and flashing it i must say i am EXTREMELY impressed with the Sense UI.it is extremely fast and very practical.Havent had it long enough to see find out what bugs there(which there is sure to be)but for now this is my 2.1 update:D Kudos for the ZeusDroid team at Alldroid...

18. Fabolous

Glad you're enjoying it. Make sure you do a search before you start a new post about a topic. Also, make sure to keep root related topics in the root subforum.

And another tip, if you do start a post about a new topic, be sure to give some more details (i.e. a link :D).

19. huytung

huytung Well-Known Member

looks like the Desire Rom X2 is about to be release...glad to see it's a moving up progress

20. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i have flashed this, in hopes of more updates that will be helpful, i will make a nandroid of it and keep it tucked away :)

21. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

This is looking really good...I haven't tried it yet as I had a very busy dat...Maybe tomorrow after work...

@ Fabolous, Thanks for all the pics!

22. radikal

well it was too experimental for my day to day, a lot of people are keeping data off and just using wifi, hoping they don't need data here or there. but i need it. so i can't use this yet, did install, have it nandroided as i said i would and when an update pops up, i will go in, update it and come back to it later

23. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I grabbed it and gave it a whirl, it reminds me of how Sense ROM's ran on the G1 when they first came out. I'm sure over the months that other dev's will grab it and try to optimize it in any way they can. Did they setup linux swap for this? I think that would really help but we would need class 6 sd cards to make it really work well.

24. radikal

there are some bits of code that you can use adbshell to push in that do the same as swap

25. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

im surprised such an 'incomplete' rom was released...
    hopefully, the fixes will be quick!