1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[ROM/DIY] JoyOS and LewasOS

1. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

check this out people...

[GUIDE][Updated 20-05]How To Port LewaOS, JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide - xda-developers

you can build your own JoyOS or LewaOS Roms...

LewaOS seems like a MIUI type OS and JoyOS is an iOS lookalike...

so have fun! and let me know what works and what doesn't

and

with LewaOS we will not have a working music player unless we get a new kernel...i talked ot sammyz about it and it is a kernel issue not an app issue...

JoyOS looks like the most plausible working port...i'll focus on that and get you guys a working port soon

Advertisement
    :
  2. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Can someone port this to the Optimus M to try out? Some1 with knowledge and can do that tutorial quick.
  3. plasticarmyman

dude...it is n00b proof...try it yourself...it literally takes about 2 minutes...
  4. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

hmmmmm
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Use BACKside to port the ROM. we are MDPI -----Use S5830 to port if your device is MDPI
  6. puyow18

puyow18 Well-Known Member

quickly attempted to merge a joyOS with a BobzHome CM7 . . . went to flash in CWM and it just went <blip> and restarted on the CWM screen. We'll chalk this first one up to user error. Will mess around some more this weekend.

edit: so even better user error; noticed it didn't transfer over to phone properly (was 0kb). Reflashing now . .
    . . bah, no dice; flashed, but stuck at first lg (white) logo. Try more tomorrow; gotta wake up in 5 hours :-(
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

BobZhome's latest CM7 is not stable, use BACKside to port.
  8. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

I used LeWa_ROM_C8650_12.06.21_47899 with BACKside v6 and I have had no luck with MMS after adding LeWa. WE NEED TO GO DEEPER :|
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Use v7.....
    After you use v7 I can implement MMS, just PM it to me, I'll pm it back to you with MMS fixed.
  10. mill3rkydd

mill3rkydd Well-Known Member

Ok I got some time. Ill try this with a few roms and try and get back
    X8DE likes this.
  11. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

I know is just that lately ive been flashing alot and im already getting tired lol.
  12. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Well-Known Member

I went to the joyOs website and its all in chinese and i have no idea what to click or where to look on their site, so can someone send the joyOs file so i can port this to the M?
  13. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

Just to let people know MMS will not work yet on LeWa, the LeWa rom is odexed, either have to deodex it or find a deodexed rom.

Haven't tried JoyOS.
  14. Android?What!?

i just ported the JoyOs, and its flashing now so ill let you guys know if it works and if it does ill add it to the thread of flashable roms.

AND IT WORKS!
  15. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

Which rom did you use for JoyOS? kinda having a hard time finding a download link :/

found it, i had to register to gain access to the forum
  16. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

Which rom did you use as base and which joyos did you use as the port?
  17. Android?What!?

Sorry i havent been on all day I used backside v7 for the base and I used version 1.2.2 C8650.

**one down side is that it wont Mount the SD card.**

any help anyone?
  18. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

Only thing I couldn't get to work so far is MMS on JoyOS, and data... but It was only the first try.
  19. Android?What!?

so you got the Sd card to mount?
  20. Android?What!?

my wifi wont work either btw.
  21. plasticarmyman

I used reppards build with Lewa and it took 2 reboots for data and wifi to start working...i did not try MMS, but you might try using Reppards CM7 *shrug* i'm sorry i have not compiled a port yet, i have been super busy with my child and other assorted stuff
  22. puyow18

puyow18 Well-Known Member

I was able to successfully get a JoyOs up and running using the most recent backside port (thanks sammyz). Almost everything works so far except data/mms. No 1x/3g icons ever show up next to the signal bars. I've tried flashing the MetroOff fix, but that didn't work. At least wifi works :p

If anyone can help out with the data/mms issue it would be greatly appreciated. I uploaded my version of the Joy/Backside merge. Let me know what you guys can come up with!

BacksideJOYos.zip
  23. Android?What!?

Yes my wifi worked too ;)
    just had to re-port it. :p

And sammyz said in the op send him the file and he'll add the mms Fix to it.
    puyow18 likes this.
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Working on it
    puyow18 likes this.