• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Download Question

cgm0615

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
The first time I tried downloading I new ROM I messed up and need help. I downloaded rom manager and tried downloading sapphire 1.0.0.
Anyway I didnt click on wipe data and cache, so now it will not load onto my phone. I downloaded bugless beast instead but would like to try out the sapphire if I can fix it somehow.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Since you have ROM manager, am I correct in assuming you have ClockworkMod recovery? If so, here's what you do

1. While your phone is unplugged, pull the battery and boot into recovery (hold the Power button and the X key on the physical keyboard -- once the M comes up, you can let go of the Power button, but keep pressing the X key until the green recovery menu comes up) (or, if you're able to boot up, then just boot into recovery).

2. In the recovery menu, use the volume down key to navigate to the partions menu and press the camera key to select it.

3. In the partitions menu, scroll down and select format boot (you'll have to navigate down to say yes to formatting), and when that's done, go back to the partions menu and select format system.

4. Go back to the main menu and select wipe data/factory reset.

5. Once that process is done, then go to install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard and then navigate to where the Sapphire 1.0 ROM file is stored (if you DL'd it using ROM Manager, then it's probably somewhere in the clockworkmod/downloads directory), and select it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones