• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Droid Concepts Built 10

I just flashed this ROM and it is working perfectly. USB Tethering works with the stock kernel and I haven't had any lag or FCs yet. I simply cannot run GB ROMS for whatever reason (prob OG Droids fault) so I go back to Froyo. I'm pleased this development team is still pushing the Froyo envelope. I give this ROM 5 stars so far. It simply works for me and looks great.

Upvote 0
I loaded it yesterday... They are now on version 10. (all version in same thread) So far, it seems to work good. I am coming back to Froyo from a gingerbread ROM. The Froyo is not as fast, but hopefully everything will work again... :) So far, ZERO issues. OC'ed to 800 via the built in governor. May see if Pete's 1.0lv v.02 kernel will run with it later today. Also, while loading, I had a WTF?!? .... LOL moment, but everything went smooth.

Worth noting - the basic ROM is google-free. There is a second .zip file that has all the Google shtuff to sync you phone. The ROM without google will make calls, and seemed to be fully functional, but no market, contacts sync, etc. It does have a file manager included, so I was able to move/rename the google.apps.zip file, then reboot and flash it. Extra few steps, but everything went smooth.

Upvote 0
Started running this around 0.5 and am now on 10.5. I gotta say, it was running great and I thought I finally found a Froyo ROM to stick with until I get something new in 2 months. Battery life has completely gone down the shitter in the past couple of weeks. I removed my corporate email account so I'm only syncing gmail, facebook & twitter sync is off, and after 1 phone call (approx 5 minutes) and an hour of listening to music at the gym I'm down to 10% battery. Off the charger at 6:30 back on the charger by 2 with almost no usage. I guess I'll try another one of these GB ROM's to see how they are coming along.

Upvote 0
Giving this a go. I like Gingerbread a lot, was on LFY 2 but getting tired of having to "fix" this and that. Today I can't use the video cam or connect via USB unless it's in recovery. As much as I like to tinker and make things work, it's getting old.

That was me too... I liked playing with GB, but every time you fix one thing, something else stops working... :thinking: At the end of the day, I guess there is a good reason Google want GB run only on devices with 512 RAM - which our Droid's don't have....

Back on topic - With Droid Concepts being about the only Froyo build still supported, I predict it is gonna get REAL popular REALLY quick...:D

For me, 3 days in and ZERO ROM issues. 8)

Upvote 0
That was me too... I liked playing with GB, but every time you fix one thing, something else stops working... :thinking: At the end of the day, I guess there is a good reason Google want GB run only on devices with 512 RAM - which our Droid's don't have....

Back on topic - With Droid Concepts being about the only Froyo build still supported, I predict it is gonna get REAL popular REALLY quick...:D

For me, 3 days in and ZERO ROM issues. 8)

I switched launchers to Go Launcher EX, it's very configurable with themes.
I know when using TIBU not to restore system apps and data and such. Can I restore game data like Angry Birds data even though I was on Gingerbread?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure... I did the dreaded double backup/install without updating user data and lost all my angry birds save files before ditching GB... (yes, all three games, all levels beat, about 50% three star. GRRR)

If I would have pony'ed up the $3 for TIBU pro, I would not have lost everything... :mad: :rolleyes:

Also - I'm using Launcher Pro, and so far the refresh lag is not a problem... but that issue usually takes about a week to show up... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
i dl'ed this yesturday due to issues coming up with sourcery rom and so far so good for me.

With angry birds, I still play it but have stopped caring when I lost 100% 3 stars on all of the levels when I decided to go to GB.

The only thing I would love to see implemented would be the music controls that the other developers have.

Upvote 0
Well...tried DLing and installing this bad boy to give it a shot and completely forgot about my phones total abhorrence of anything Froyo other than CM 6.1.2. It gets to the Google log in to acct deal, lets me input name/pw and then proceeds to freeze up totally. I totally forgot ALL about that wonderful little fact of this POS phone I own. Have I mentioned I cannot W A I T to get a new phone end of July when my "time" is up?? Hmmm?? GB Rom don't do multitasking and Froyo's minus ONE of them freeze my phone up...so guess which one I'm stuck with? yep....CM 6.1.2....I could do worse,I guess....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones