[ROM] DroidSmith_Force - Beta

1. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

Once I have the phone I should be able to turn out a better product for you guys
  2. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

The only thing that bugs me about the stock rom is the menu in settings is so old school or drab or lack of colored icons. Thats boring so livin it up for the masses. :)
  3. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

I'll throw out a theme as soon as a straight stock ROM (not a backup) is out or a (finished) stable one
  4. jimsmith80

Sounds good
  5. zachary80

zachary80 Well-Known Member

First off, thank you jimsmith80 and others for your work so far. I have a couple questions and I'm looking for at least ballpark answers -

1) is there anything specific that I could do to help the development process, purely from an end-user pov?

2) do you have any basic timeline for progress? I need to have root, tethering, and everything done within a few weeks, after which I won't be able to fiddle with it for a few months. It sounds like the current version works well enough, but I will be relying on the phone pretty heavily so this information would be helpful. If you don't know, that's fine too
  6. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Dude Guide

You can root your device now,And there are a couple of CWM's too.

Sent from my N9100
  7. zachary80

zachary80 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am aware, I just really like the direction DroidSmith is going and would rather not flash multiple times.
  8. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

I've been using droidsmith rom for a couple weeks and have yet to have any major problems, mainly app related stuff. Tethering is the main thing I use my phone for and it works perfectly with the rom. So far so good. As soon as Jimsmith has the phone things should pick up with droidsmith.
  9. jimsmith80

Its going to be slow moving at first. The current version will be up for a while. I'm taking some time to learn how to build from source. As cars as assistance from an end user there is a lot you can do. Report bugs. Request new features, and so on
  10. jimsmith80

One thing I forgot to mention. I'm not territorial, so if you would like to use this project to build and release your own rom, please feel free to do so
  11. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

voicemail settings under call not working. not sure if this has been mentioned.
  12. jimsmith80

First report. Thanks
  13. jimsmith80

Just got my force. Time to get to work
    Golono, MidshipAc and bcrichster like this.
  14. jimsmith80

Up and running DroidSmith. My first mission is init.d
  15. jimsmith80

Voicemail settings pulls up without any issues on my phone.
  16. donjuro

Not for me. I get this error.

Attached Files:

17. jimsmith80

Interesting. Has anyone else had this issue?
  18. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

Not with voicemail. I did lose camera and had to reflash
  19. donjuro

but I assume that it does have to do with the phone app? I uninstalled the voicemail app cause it always bugged me that there was an update and it never wanted to update, and by the looks of it, it was only for visual voicemail anyways.
  20. jimsmith80

Boost should be rolling out the 4.1 update soon, so I'm putting this ifs build on gold for the time being. Ill give it a week or so and if we don't get the update by then I may start work on this again. When we do get the 4.1 update I will rebase the rom
  21. donjuro

debase?
  22. jimsmith80

Lol rebase. I'm still adjusting to the ics keyboard
  23. donjuro

rebase as in debloat it?
    I hate the ICS keyboard. I always uninstall all the keyboards and install the Google keyboard.
  24. jimsmith80

Rebase as in built off jellybean. I always leave them stock keyboard as a fall back. As far as debloated goes. Most of the unnecessary system apps have been purged. Once I figure out how to write to the data partition I will be able to purge some more. I can confirm that SDcamelion is safe to remove
  25. donjuro

Do you know exactly what it does?