• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] DroidSmith_Force - Beta

not a problem, i spend most of my days helping out on the warp sequent and this phone seems to be in much more desperate need of a development community than the sequent is. if i had my way id make sure everyone gets a fair chance at having the same support as a flagship samsung device or something. zte is widely overlooked because its kind of a pain to dev for at times and its mostly just cheap crap but hey i couldnt afford any better so i had to get what i had to get, why does that mean i cant have the same stuff everyone else does? i gladly help and encourage anyone trying to provide for the underprivileged so to speak, and as far as dev support, id say that force owners fit that category

Upvote 0
Flashed .2.3 Got stuck on boot animation. I let it sit for 10 minutes and got nothing. i restored stock tried flashing again. Waited 30 minutes stuck on boot animation. Just aint working for me

Ok. Sounds like I got the setup for the data partition wrong. Ill pull it out for now, and get you something that runs tomorrow. Its a nice feature to have but isn't entirely necessary at this point

Edit: or in about 2 minutes. I can't leave you guys with something that doesn't boot if I can help it.

Reactions: MidshipAc
Upvote 0
Well I found an option in my tethering app settings that keeps the Wi-Fi from killing my tether. Its the Wi-Fi driver reload option which forces wifi driver reloading inside the tethering script. The way it would cut me off was just like the way connections optimizer cut me off. The option is gone from the settings menu and im not finding any apk for it or anything called easy. Dunno. I got what i wanted working within the rom so all is good.

Upvote 0
When my wife got the force, on first boot it had a very vanilla ics. After the phone was activated boost pushed an update, which installed a bunch of system crap. Was this true for anyone else?

I recall getting an update through the Boost ID app or some other Boost app. However, it continuously failed to update and I think it never did.

If you order from Boost's site, try finding a discount code online.

Reactions: jimsmith80
Upvote 0
There was a remove carrier on the stock recovery, dont know about cwm. I wonder if that would do anything...

I honestly don't know, but we have a working base for testing minor mods for now. I can get us a clean base in a few weeks, and it will be a snap for me to add the work we have done so far

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones