• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Elelinux-7.0.0-Hero

Changelog 2011-02-08

Version 0.6

Installation Wipe of cache and dalvik cache,if you come from previous version
biggrin.gif

New installation wipe of all

New build today again
biggrin.gif

Lots of new updates on the apps language support, etc.
Added without_wings patch in this build,experiences no odd everything works,Thanks without_wings awesome
biggrin.gif

There are new features in cm-settings

So at this point, in your opinions, which of the roms would you say is better? Elelinux 7 or TastyGinger 2.0?

I've not had the opportunity to try TastyGinger, sorry. I'm too busy trying to keep up with Ele's release schedule. :eek:

Upvote 0
Do you keep flashing the new roms Ele release?

Yup.

how do you update your data and keep restoring your apps?

I don't need to, as minor version updates don't need a full wipe a.k.a. factory reset. All apps and their data remain intact. It's literally a five minute job (or less if I skip a nandroid backup of the existing ROM); boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik-cache, flash the ROM, reboot system.

'Wipe of cache' also means factory reset, right?

No, it just wipes the /cache filesystem. Like /dalvik-cache, this is rebuilt on reboot.

Reactions: tanna
Upvote 0
Enabling the proper ext apps2sd seems to have improved things a lot in terms of smoothness on gingerbread. I don't feel the need for autokiller anymore.

And I must say, as much as I like elelinuxe's work, the cronos gingerbread rom has cracked something nobody else has in terms of UI smoothness. I've tried the recent elelinux and it's just not the same.

Upvote 0
Changelog 2011-02-13

Version 0.7

Installation Wipe of cache and dalvik cache,if you come from previous version
biggrin.gif

New installation wipe of all

New build today
Updated kernel support for vpn,added module tun.ko (build version #27)
without_wings patch is added to source,nice
biggrin.gif

Lots of new updates on the apps language support, etc.
Added new functions for lockscreen,do not know if Cyanogen will use the code as Drakknar on xda build, but I chose to do it with small modifications, credits to Drakknar for this
biggrin.gif

Screen >Imageshack - lockscreen.png
The lockscreen problems from last version should be fixed.
New control music via gesture options at music settings
GPS settings is this same as cyanogenmod,chose to try it again because of some changes to the source on the sensor side.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks! Another question. How do you wipe cache? I seem to only be able to wipe Dalvik-cache that's all..

Oh! Alright.. I think cuz mine's a older version.. I'll flash a new recovery then!

If you are using Amon RA you need to upgrade to the latest version. I was also pondering for a while what this cache wipe function was.

I've gotta say V7 has been incredibly stable for me so far. Even the GPS has been behaving. On top of that both battery life and memory management is improved over Villain12 which I was previously using.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Sorry, but how do I flash from 1.6 to 1.7.01 RA? Yes, I'm using Amon RA. I didn't understand the instructions, so it'd be good if you guys can help me out with it :]

cheers!

[Recovery ROM] [15-August-2010] RA-hero-v1.7.0.1 - xda-developers

The instructions in above link is pretty self-explanatory. Since you're already using 1.6, all you have to do is a couple of adb commands from your pc. What exact problem did you encounter?

Upvote 0
I didn't know how to use adb actually.

It's well worth having available if you're into modding your handset, as it can be a lifesaver if you mess up. Once you have it installed, adb /? will display the available commands, options and switches, but all you need to do in this case is follow the first set of instructions for devices with a custom recovery already installed.

Upvote 0
Changelog 2011-02-17

Version 0.8

Installation
Wipe of cache and dalvik cache,if you come from previous version

New installation
Wipe all

Now the rom feels stable and chooses to leave the beta stage, this build, I turn to RC1
Still much left from 2.2 nice options but will continue to update the rom until everything is ready.

New build today
Updated ELWallpapers,some new backgrounds and added swedish language support
Updated GPS settings and used the new libraries,hope it works now
Lots of new updates on the apps language support, etc.....
The latest updates for lock screen options
Added missing file in /xbin for ramswap,hope it work now
Updated Changelog in the Phone and added my own changelog too
Added a option for thoose how want's Music3,download as option
Tested GPS feels stable now
biggrin.gif

Upvote 0
Don't know if it's just me

Yeah, it's just you Phil. :p j/k

The screen-on/off animations work for me, but there are a lot of posts saying they don't for others. Seems it can sometimes take disabling, rebooting, enabling and rebooting again to get the settings to "stick".

Having said this, I now predict that the animations will cease to work as soon as I flash the v0.8.1 release. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones